It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your profession. For ATS members!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I wait tables in a Seafood Restaurant, but it's just a cover for my real occupation: The AntiChrist!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I joined the British Army at 16; then after 8 years i went to uni for another 8 years... In between I worked in business development to pay my tuition fees, and modelled too... Now I have my own marketing and business development company... The uni degres do not reflect my business lol...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Livin the dream here in Tamalewood. Background extra/driver, actor, PA,
associate producer, 2nd camera, location scout, car wrangler, etc.

I wouldn't exactly call it a profession; I call it plan B.
My chosen profession as designer/craftsman of fine objects made of metal was tanked due to the Bush administration creating $4.00 petrol and making my marketing stratagy unmanageable; kicking the profit out of my pieces. Now all raw material is expensive essentially putting me out of business; unable to pass on the additional costs to my patrons.

It's all good. Improvisation is exciting and it's either adapt of starve.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaadue to the Bush administration creating $4.00 petrol and making my marketing stratagy unmanageable; kicking the profit out of my pieces.

I love it! Another reason to blame Bush! When gas was under $2.00 did you go back in business? When it goes over $4 under BO will you still blame Bush? Or does it just make you feeeel better to blame someone else?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wookiee

Originally posted by whaaadue to the Bush administration creating $4.00 petrol and making my marketing stratagy unmanageable; kicking the profit out of my pieces.

I love it! Another reason to blame Bush! When gas was under $2.00 did you go back in business? When it goes over $4 under BO will you still blame Bush? Or does it just make you feeeel better to blame someone else?

Nothing would have made me happier than to have been able to continue my small business. Fact is however that I couldn't hang on long enough to stay in business when Bush was giving all his buddies in the oil business perks and gas was around $4.00 a gal. I didn't go back into business because I had already laid off my helpers and moved on to plan B.

It wasn't just me that the neocons put out of business. Many small businesses tanked during Bush's administration due to inflated fuel costs.

And no it dosen't make me happy to blame anyone for my business failure but facts are facts. It happened and now I am beginning to thrive and prosper once again and I'm not giving Obama credit for that. I't my hard work, ambition and education that is bringing it about.

What is your profession wookiee? That is the topic you know and you may find this of intrest. www.pnl-nlp.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm a carpenter. Not too sophisticated or anything. I wear a hard hat and hit things with a hammer all day. The bigger the job, the bigger the hammer!
But lately things have been pretty slow on the construction front here in Cali.

My other 'job' isn't so much a job as a way of life. I am currently building my second motorcycle. FXR frame, 95cu.inch Harley Evolution motor, 5 speed transmission with a kicker, bobbed rear fender, 18 inch ape hangars on 2 inch riser, 3.5 gallon 'Fat Bob' style tank... yeah it's going to be badass.

I tried to enlist in every branch of the service just last year. Apparently they don't like guys with tattoos.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I work in education and counseling though I am currently considering a drastic career change...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Electronics Test Technician for one of the big 3 defense contractors. Which is an incredibly boring thing to be. If it weren't for the paycheck I would have went back in the Army.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
reply to post by wookiee

I saw a program on discovery channel some time back. In that, they showed the linemen working on high voltage, 'bonding" themselves to the line, by connecting a rod to the live lines and allowing current to flow through them(without groud connection of course). Is it true that the human body reverberates and produces a hum during the current flow through the body?

Here's the answer from one of my many bosses.

I am far from an expert on the theory but I will try and put it in “basic” layman’s /lineman’s  terms. Energized /Bare-hand is an example of a Faraday Cage. The metal impregnated suit is what sets this up. This like a bird landing on a wire. We know that they do not land on high voltages such as this because of the increased magnetic field. The wand is what is used to connect the charging current. On a ladder, the charging current is just the mass from the body of the lineman. In a bucket it is everything in the bucket; with helicopter; it is everything including the helicopter.

An external electrical field causes the charges to rearrange, which cancels the field inside.
A Faraday cage is best understood as an approximation to an ideal hollow conductor. Externally applied electric fields produce forces on the charge carriers (usually electrons) within the conductor, generating a current that rearranges the charges. Once the charges have rearranged so as to cancel the applied field inside, the current stops.
There is not a path for current to flow, there is a only a charging current. You are in the field at the same potential of the conductor. There is a hum but I do not know the source. The hum is more of a slight roar. It sounds like a freight train in the background. With the suit and gloves on; there is no discomfort. If you take the gloves off and reach away from your body; you can feel an increasing “tingle”. You are reaching toward the edges of the cage that was set up.
The explanations that documentaries use may sound scientific and factual on most things but are typically not.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I was briefly a guitarist for a group nobody under 50 has heard of.

Then a contract soldier.

Then a chemist, modeling contamination plumes and various sampling, which lead into being a CIH for a while, managing hazmat projects; part-time during that period first responder/SAR for the disaster of the day and fiberglass work while I rested.

I was a femto-farmer for a while, still dabble with a large garden/ground.

These days, I carpent, sometimes make cabinets, and I really love mixing and pouring concrete even more than building a structure. Concrete rocks -- it's like an interactive aerobic program you get paid for doing.

I'm writing a novel, which I'll nag you to at least skim through, and I swear to give you the first 1/3 of the book free. Deal? *

*shameless self-promoter. That's dangerously close to a T&C violation.

What??? I was just tryinta.......

We Know. In the immortal words of SDog -- pfffft.

Dang. NEVERmind.

edit to add: "distaster"?? Step away from the fruit medley.

[edit on 18/1/10 by argentus]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wookiee

Your post opened up a whole new avenue of thought about Faraday cages and the .... potential moment? Anyway, that was very beneficial to me, and I wanted to thank you!
Your info came at a time when I most needed it -- I just finished flipping the switch to make us 90% off-grid. Last week I built a faraday cage behind the nonflammable (Hardeeboard) surface of the lockers that hold our expensive electronics.

I should have grounded the cage. Obvious. Thank you!

[edit on 18/1/10 by argentus]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
am a housewife now. Have been a cashier, Insurance Rep, worked in an animal shelter cleaning the stalls, Regional Manager for a CA based company, Chef, and a professional locksmith (damned good one too, course that had NOTHING to do with a mispent childhood...never caught - cant prove a thing).

Now my "occupation" is volunteering... Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Soldiers Angels, American Legion/Aux/Riders, and whatever else will keep me from having to clean the house.

Casing

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Im a student, currently in possession of 1/3 of a Advertising & Marketing degree, and 2/3 of a Marketing degree.

I work part time at the horror that is sherwood forest, and Im hoping once Ive finished my degree I can progress to working in Mcdonalds. Which probably will happen if the economy doesnt get a move on.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

I'm a business and government consultant. Technicality I'm an operations analyst and arbiture. I also have a small company that looks at designing and testing new technologies in a wide range of areas.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm self employed.
Me and hubby have an electronics store.
(it was that or become a starving artist
)

before that I did credit control for a multimedia company... and long before that I started my carreer in a fast food restaurant (think MC D.)
That last one was the most fun job I ever had!

[edit on 3/2/2010 by GypsK]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Currently I'm a stay at home mom. In the past I've worked:

Sales
Hardware department manager
Fast food restaurant/college cafeteria
Graphics design
Bulk mail/clerical/filing
waiting tables
pizza delivery
printing sales/binding
accounting clerk
computer analyst
financial analyst (regular and senior)
budget analyst
economic analyst
tax accountant
substitute teacher - now there's a hard job!!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm trying to write 3 books, I know, bad enough trying to write one without much education then i go for three. One about the psychic, spiritual, religious and prophecies and stuff, one about ufos and one about authorities around me. Its how i found ats/bts, researching stuff online and an ats page entered my search engine listing

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I am a retired Antique dealer - in the business for 30 plus years. I also have a degree in nursing and I do in home care for Veterans and Cancer patients. Also a life long member of the American Red Cross.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm a Flexographic Printer. Have been doing it for 10 years now.

Best way to describe it is to think of a Newspaper Press....it's not exactly what I run now...but similar enough.

1 year of college education...dropped out.

Kinda fell into the skilled labor I do now for which I'm really lucky for happening...otherwise I'd have nothing.

And no...I CAN'T print money...but it's good to dream...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I sell propane and propane accessories.

TheAssoc.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join