It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien captured on film in 1930's Alaska

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Alaska? Maybe it was one of these.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I see what you are saying. With the width of the pic being 640 pixels id agree that this pic was cropped at one time.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hey fellas! More good work. And welcome ArMaP. I was wondering how I could entice you onto one of my threads. Always find your skills impressive.

As far as things on my end are concerned, I cannot find this guy. I have run into two dead ends thus far and it's beginning to look like he does not live in Alaska. Shocker...

I'll keep pokin' around and see what I can find.

Oh! Thanks again ArMaP for bringing out the cropped issue. I was going to ask that and you saved me the trouble. Nice.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
S+F for the post. These are always fun man. Kind of like a community game. I love the pose. It's like he's either kind of gang posing or 80's robot-dancing. I would have to go with my immediate suspicion of photoshopping/editing.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by VirginiaGreen
S+F for the post. These are always fun man. Kind of like a community game. I love the pose. It's like he's either kind of gang posing or 80's robot-dancing. I would have to go with my immediate suspicion of photoshopping/editing.

Hey!

I live in the Redwoods of Humboldt County Northern California which is the home of Bigfoot and the famous Bigfoot Film shot near Willow Creek. It is almost uncannily the same pose as the Bigfoot frame shot taken from that film. Kinda makes me laugh a little bit. *snark*

Cheers and Welcome to the fun thread!

Erik

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

Haha never thought of that, they do look alike in their pose. I've been through Humboldt County before on my few ventures out to the west coast. Enjoyed it much more than Southern Cali, which wasn't bad. Ya'll have some good "nature" up there as well. Friendly folks, awesome scenery, great smoke. Thanks for the welcome dude.

Steve

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by VirginiaGreen

Haha never thought of that, they do look alike in their pose. I've been through Humboldt County before on my few ventures out to the west coast. Enjoyed it much more than Southern Cali, which wasn't bad. Ya'll have some good "nature" up there as well. Friendly folks, awesome scenery, great smoke. Thanks for the welcome dude.

Steve

Yeah, Steve. If there's one thing Humboldt County's got a lot of is "Nature". Gotta have something in a pi$$ poor community of happy go lucky folks. We always refer to ourselves as The Shire from the Tolkein series of books. Looks just like it.

Somebody earlier in this thread called that tiny fellow "Littlefoot". I think it fits.

Nice to meet you, Steve.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I don't deny that ETs exist or even taking hikes in our forests, but a problem I have si with the image at the source indicated, it shows the original size of the submitted image when you click on the top image. That size measures about 6.25x4.5 inches. I doubt that is true. That is not to say that the image is a hoax, but merely that legend may be incorrect. Cameras in those days did not normally make prints that large. The photographer, knowing that he had an unusual something on film could of had the developer make an enlargement of the negative from the roll, but in 1933 Alaska, it was not as easy as walking into a Wall*Mart and pushing the enlarge button on the film developing machine.

The story about the grandfather dying within a few days of sending the picture to his grandson (and being unable to verify any aspect) is suspect in itself. Had the actual event taken place--with the blown-up proof in hand, I find it highly doubtful that it would never had been mentioned until the old fella was dying. Things like that usually get told and retold over the years until everyone knows it word for word.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Yeah, there's more than a few sketchy details about this photo and it's origins. I'm having a difficult time tracking down the grandkid. One dead end after another. I would really like to write this person and see if there is more of the story to flesh it out and if there are any negatives to this photo. If so, then we might have something instead of a bunch of speculation based on limited knowledge. But that's UFOlogy in a nutshell it seems. The researcher is pretty much chasing a light at the end of a very long, winding and seemingly endless tunnel. What can ya do?

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It's the pilsbury dough Alien!

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Barkster]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This Image (Film Zone Type Four) is Real , I Know the Being Shown in this Picure-FIlm

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by fishspeaker
This Image (Film Zone Type Four) is Real , I Know the Being Shown in this Picure-FIlm

You're going around here making some bold claims without providing evidence for any of it.

You're going from thread to thread and connecting yourself to each topic saying things similar to:

Oh I know that alien or Oh I filmed that or know the alien that did

You really shouldn't post stuff like that and just expect people here on ATS to just take your word for it.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Hey, I was thinking it looks like this reptilian eyed critter I saw in up in a tree.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/265e5aec6a3e.jpg[/atsimg]

For those who can't see it I outlined the eyes.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c0afeb4a890.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 30-9-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by fishspeaker

Would you care to elaborate with some sort of substantiative evidence? My guess is you care not to.

There is no credibility in hearsay.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Um.........It in fact looks in no way nothing like your pareidolic burlwood critters. Thanks for the creative input though.

To borrow a little from Douglas Adams: It's almost exactly but not quite entirely unlike the OP photo.

Cheers.

Erik

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by redwoodjedi
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Um.........It in fact looks in no way nothing like your pareidolic burlwood critters. Thanks for the creative input though.

To borrow a little from Douglas Adams: It's almost exactly but not quite entirely unlike the OP photo.

Cheers.

Erik

Second time I've seen this word used - ever... both times today and at different websites. And the funny thing is I actually know what it means.

Still think it could be one of these:

[edit on 30-9-2009 by draknoir2]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

exactly my point. It looks like nothing or whatever your imagination can come up with. I don't mean demean the original story, but it clearly has run its course and without more evidence it is dead, null, void...

[edit on 30-9-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This photo floats around and has been manipulated in different ways.

pay attention to the tree lines in those two. For some reason you have to click on your adress bar and hit enter for the first pic to load.

and this one seems very doctored

So i we sould need the original to see if this is legit or not. As it is clear now that some of the images have been altered it is impossible to tell which one is the original, that is if it is real at all.

Now the guys story is not adding up for me either. He was driving to the lake stopped got out of the car chased this thing and took the photo. Yet the picture is clearly taken while on the road.
If you look at the shadows in the picture the sun must be directly overhead to be producing such short shadows for the foreground trees. which means this was probably not taken in alaska, that high north the sun never passes directly over head.

and if you look at this
images.google.com...
the quality is not matching up either.
Im not sure if this photo is real or not but like stated earlier we can't tell without the original. I am pretty sure that the story that goes along with this photo is bogus. But the story was provided by a 2nd hand anonymous source.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by zaiger]

[edit on 30-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
IMO the bad pixelation is probably an amateur attempt to make the image look older than it is.

Exactly my call - this is an obvious FAKE mainly because of the quality of the photo! looks like the hoaxer went overboard with Noise filter on Photoshop.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by kronos11]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Did it ever occur to anyone that Extra Terrestrials might have the ability to make it 'certain' that they never appear in anyone's photographs? The powers they embody go beyond what we can even comprehend. I seriously doubt anyone's EVER gotten a candid photo of an alien.

And 'verylowfrequency', that picture you posted up there... well... I think you just see what you want to see in that.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by drac88]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join