It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Demands Inspection of Iranian Plant in 3 Months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

U.S. Demands Inspection of Iranian Plant in 3 Months

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration plans to tell Tehran this week that the nation has three months to open its numerous nuclear sites to inspection, turn over notebooks and computers, and answer detailed questions about its suspected efforts to build a nuclear weapon, according to United States officials.

Source

Is this also a deadline for an attack? I wonder if this will play out like the second Iraq War?

Iran refuses to comply, kicks out the inspectors and we see shock and awe 2.

Edit to add: Please see this thread 'Iran to hold missile defense drill'

[edit on 26-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Probably.

But what are the U.S. going to do? They're hard up. UK is hard up. France and Germany are hard up. Israel is..is Israel hard up? What does Russia say? They are hard up.

U.S. and U.K. armies are stretched (and disgracefully, under supplied and defended in the case of the U.K.) out as it is.

Iran and it's leadership may be a lot of things in certain people's eyes, but they are not idiots. They realise the situation, i'm sure.

They would not be so open and announce the second enrichment plant, if they were not prepared for possible outcomes to that announcement.

Either way, a war, another war..would again be the cause of inhumane slaughter of human beings on a hideous scale, and the misery of millions, mostly innocents.

This should be resolved by heavy concessions and 'sweeteners', not just for the leaders, but for everyone affected. More carrot, less stick.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

We wouldn't need boots on the ground to destroy all of Iran's nuclear sites. Don't worry, we have plenty of bombs and missiles to go around.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Check out this article:

It's a pretty good outline of how an Israeli attack may play out. It also seems like it could be a desensitizing headline. Who knows?

The Iran Attack Plan

When the Israeli army’s then-Deputy Chief of Staff Dan Halutz was asked in 2004 how far Israel would go to stop Iran's nuclear program, he replied: "2,000 kilometers," roughly the distance been the two countries.

Any Israeli attack on an Iranian nuclear target would be a very complex operation in which a relatively large number of attack aircraft and support aircraft would participate. The conclusion is that Israel could attack only a few Iranian targets—not as part of a sustainable operation over time, but as a one-time surprise operation.

WSJ

I also find it interesting how Obama and his administration were welcoming talks with Iran concerning the Nuclear scenario a few weeks ago and now they drop this 'bombshell'. They have known for years about this secret nuclear facility but just mention it publicly before talks are supposed to begin.

When Barack Obama was elected US president late last year he was briefed about the covert site in a nuclear programme that would inevitably become one of the toughest issues facing him.

Source

Makes the theory's about the attempted Iran revolution being a CIA plot even more plausible.

Lot's of questions.....

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Three months that should be long enough for the Iranians to complete their

1st nuclear weapon. Why not give them six months time for inspection of the

facility just to make sure they have enough time to complete the 1st nuke.

obama is in charge do you feel safe? Too bad we can not buy off China to

help with negotiations in stopping the development of the Iranian nukes but

we owe China too much money and we as a Nation are broke and China

needs oil from Iran.

U.S. to shelve U.S. nuclear defensive shield in Poland against a potential

attack from Russia. Is this called buying off the Russians to impose sanctions

along with the U.S. against Iran? I believe the Iranians will do what they

please and my opinion is this is only window dressing by this administration

to make it look like to the World they are trying to stop Iran from developing

their nuclear weapons program. obama knowing about the secret

underground nuclear weapons development facility in Iran before his U.N.

speech is no surprise and all he had to do is ask Israeli intelligence they

knew all along what was and is going on in the development of nukes by Iran.

Israel will have to make a decision on what to do about this situation and the

real question will be will Israel go against the grain of what obama and the

NWO wants or will they go it alone? ^Y^

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If I had 3 months to open up about something I was hiding, I sure as hell could get rid of ALL signs of unlawful activity. This is just a way for Muslim supporter Obama to give them that needed time before inspectors go in and show the world "NOTHING" is going on. "No need to attack or add more sanctions folks, Iran is clean." Yea, RIIIGHT

Amari: your post came up while I was composing mine...Looks like we think alike.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

Are the Iranians thinking lets see, lets move all the token equipment to the real

nuclear weapons facility away from the dummy sight that we just showed to the

world. Iranians thinking what a great idea, obama will never think of that

happening. ^Y^

[edit on 26-9-2009 by amari]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
If I had 3 months to open up about something I was hiding, I sure as hell could get rid of ALL signs of unlawful activity. This is just a way for Muslim supporter Obama to give them that needed time before inspectors go in and show the world "NOTHING" is going on. "No need to attack or add more sanctions folks, Iran is clean." Yea, RIIIGHT

Amari: your post came up while I was composing mine...Looks like we think alike.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Muundoggie]

Great point. Not trying to go off topic here but it reminds me of the audit the fed bill. I bet they are cooking the books or making a second set 'just in case' it does pass.

In the same sense the Iranians are doing everything they can to 'sanitize' the site.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
War with Iran looms.

Meet the old boss, same as the new boss.

The government is owned by bankers and the military industrial complex and it is just going to get worse.

top topics

join