It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Iran to hold missile defense drill'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Well you know what they say War is he double toothpicks!

Its not my fault though I am not running Israel or Iran or advocating a war. I sure would like to understand better why some people are so anxious to have one considering the lives and dollars it is bound to cost.

Maybe if people learned to ask more clarifying questions and keep upgrading their questions until they got answers they were comfortable with there would be no need for war ever?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by princeofpeace

Well you know what they say War is he double toothpicks!

Its not my fault though I am not running Israel or Iran or advocating a war. I sure would like to understand better why some people are so anxious to have one considering the lives and dollars it is bound to cost.

Maybe if people learned to ask more clarifying questions and keep upgrading their questions until they got answers they were comfortable with there would be no need for war ever?

I agree with your sentiment entirely. Personally, as I have said in the past, hopefully, level heads prevail on this one! All hell will most certainly entail any incursion by the US and it's allies or Israel by itself. The Iranian will shut down the straights of Hormuz in an instant as result of any strike (it is pretty narrow through there and they will most likely laden the straight with debris and landmines making navigation nearly impossible). Hamas will take it as a green light to attack Israel with funding and increased financial support from the Islamic Republic. Hezbollah will continue it's attacks that ended in 2006. Syria is the only wild card at the moment but it stands to reason that they will side with the Iranians. The Mahdis will continue the insurgency in Iraq against the US and the Sunnis. The fragile government of Iraq will be shaken to the core with the wanton violence and quite possibly disbanded in the commotion. Iran will attempt to occupy the south of Iraq because of Shia sympathizers in that region. The list is endless with possible outcomes from such an assault but most assuredly it will rock every nation involved to the the core and quite possibly the world.

Personally, I fear what will happen to the international oil market. Prices will skyrocket! That is truly terrifying and economically devastating to the West, who albeit, are still suffering an economic mortal wound from the previous year. However, if Iran poses an imminent threat to nations in the region with verifiable sources, perhaps a third party inspection by someone not associated as an ally of the US and Israel, and their finding corroborates with the findings by the IAEA, the UN, and validates the concerns of Israel, France, the UK, and the US; then by all means levy a response. What that response will be is up to the nation being threatened. However, transparency is a must on this one, because if the politicians get this one wrong it will be a travesty and a crap storm of epic proportions, considering the murky nature surrounding the assault and occupation of Iraq and Saddam Hussein's elusive weapons of mass destruction program. Hopefully, level heads prevail! I think there is enough carnage going around at the moment and to add another nightmare is crazy!

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
i dont uderstand the replys in this post
people u know that the goverments are trashing everything u c the protest at the g20 you dont trust the president one second then the next you are standing by them saying we have this capability these weapons ,
3 mths is to long to inspect ? come now, how can you trust anything they say the nwo cronies they the west(lied wmd did u forget)and the iranians aint going to bomb anyone over there borders.
i think history shows them to be pretty peacefull ex iraq/iran war but that was cia i read some time ago.
do u listen to nwo or gov for things u like ?
one thing bad but the other thing is its all one goal they work to .

iran is the second last thorn in ther agenda and n korea when destroyed they can really start to move the agenda forwrd at break neck speed then ithey will have the one world order followed by slavery for most 99.8%. and you will cry for some one to supply major resistance.
but all will be lost.
its time to start to pray

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Looks like they test fired 2 medium range missiles today.

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran test-fired missiles on Sunday to show it was prepared to head off any military threat, four days before the Islamic Republic is due to hold rare talks with world powers worried about its nuclear ambitions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join