It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unlawful assembly

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

You seem to be real stuck on the whole 'permit' issue. So, tell us... What government agency do you work for?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

I don't work for any goverment. I am just frustrated that some people have not developed the common sense enough to know why they are getting arrested at protests.

It's because you are in violation of a city permit.

So get your own permit and protect yourselves from unneccesarry debacles with the law.

Just think. You too can hire the police to enforce your city permit zone.

It evens the odds a bit doesn't it.

Plus, you can't even wield the second ammendment until you properly wield with the first.

Thats why the constitution was written in such a way. Because they intended it to be used by those who have the ability and knowledge to wield it.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Yes, you are right. I'm positive now that the people that wrote the Constitution of the United States had permits in mind.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Yes, they are lawful forms of assembly. And just for the record in the state of New York you can get a permit for free.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

People don't get it. They think that if they want to make a point, they can do so not withstanding the potential impact and inconvenience on others.

Every Right in the Bill of Rights is subject to proper regulation.

1) Free Speech: You can't lie about people, that is call slander and liable.

2) Bear Arms: Government can require you to obtain a license or permit.

3) "No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law." Has an exception written right into the amendment.

4) Illegal Search and Seizure: There are so many exceptions to the warrant requirement it would take to long to list them all.

I think you get my drift without me having to go through all ten.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

I think of it as the "sword and the stone"

Most people don't get it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join