It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from a small city in Asia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I am from HKSAR.

I have been lurking for quite a while now and decided to join.

I came across this site when I was trying to find more information on the NWO and the elite and this site has a lot of enlightening information.

English is not my first language so please forgive any grammatical and spelling mistakes I would make in my posts. Thank you very much.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Welcome! Your English looks pretty darned good to me!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS friend.

Your writing is very good, don't worry about it, we aren't language Nazis

If you came seeking information, you are definetly in the right place. I hope you enjoy your stay here and I look forward to your contributions.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Welcome.

We appreciate your presence and the effort you have made to find and join the discussion.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LovePeaceFreedom

welcome to ats. your english is quite good. so is your grammar. tell me a little about where you are from.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LovePeaceFreedom

Hi LovePeaceFreedom,

How is Hong Kong? It must be very beautiful over there with all of the newer skyscraper buildings. Did you go to the Olympics?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hello and welcome.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for you warm welcome.

Hong Kong is a beautiful city, it is very small (1,054 km2 (407 sq mi) but has a population of 7 million, the night view of the Victoria Harbour is spectacular. I didn't go to the Olympics but I watched it live at home.

Where I used to work, I came across people from America, Australia, Britain, New Zealand, India, a lot of different countries. Some of them have been living here for over 20 years, some of them come here to work for 2 years or so. HK people usually speak English especially the younger generations but it also depends on which area you go.

Everything is relatively cheap but house prices are crazy, a lot of us can't afford to buy a flat. A small flat (around 400 sq feet) in general could cost about anywhere from 500k - 1 million up HKD (around 103,223USD - 129,028USD) depending on the area.

We used to have a Governor of HK before the 97 handover, since then we have a Chief Executive.

There are quite a lot of local restaurant opens 24 hours a day, and a lot of convenient stores open 24/7.

This is a view of HK in general.

new topics

top topics

join