It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An idea for a sign for the protestors at the G-20 in Pittsburg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I just had an idea and I didnt know where to put it. So here it is.

Make a sign that is directed at the military. Remind them it is their sworn duty to protect and obey the constitution.

Let it say:

MILITARY- Obey the CONSTITUTION. Not the Politicians.

Maybe it will reach the ones who are able to think for themselves. Being ex military myself, I can say 99% will obey orders as they are told no questions asked. But maybe that one percent will say, wait a minute lets think about what we are doing and approach our officer with our concerns.

That is absolutely acceptible. If anyone is capable of doing it please let it be known!

Also, something along those lines should be directed at the local authorities as well...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

If anyone else has an idea, maybe they can post it...even though most of us cant be there, we can send our messages through our own outlets...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I don't know about signs but i suggested in another thread, all the protesters face the cops in a line and just start laughing and pointing. Totally the opposite of what they would expect.

Get a ghetto blaster and play John Lennon's power to the people.

Erm....i'll get back to you.

[edit on 26/9/09 by Kram09]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Let it say: MILITARY- Obey the CONSTITUTION. Not the Politicians.

As idealistic as it may be, they are required to follow a chain of command - not the Constitution. I don't believe the "Birther" claims for a moment, but a similar sentiment was offered a while ago which suggested that military officers didn't need to follow orders under the assumption that Obama was not eligible for the Presidency.

Assuming for the sake of argument that Obama weren't a US citizen, and did defraud the election - this would change nothing in regards to the validity of orders given. Service men do not get their orders from the President, but from their superior officers - and the validity of the President's station does not negate the validity of their CO's orders.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

your correct. The purpose is to put doubt in th3 soldiers mind about the validity of his orders.

Thats why I said it is absolutely acceptable to call into question the orders that are given to him; when doubt is present about the possible immoralities of his orders, he has every right to question the leadership...

if one soldier/ cop could stand up and ask how ethical and moral they are doing what it is they are doing then it could spread. if more and more soldiers are questioning it, the chain of command could call into question the validity of their orders. and so on and so forth...it could work...

but you have to put doubt in the mind of the individual carrying out the orders...

new topics

top topics

join