It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gathering supplies could be terrorism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
As crazy as the headline sounds, I'm not making it up.

CENTENNIAL — While anti-terrorism agents in a secured intelligence hub supported FBI operations, state supervisors this week are training a new cadre of 65 "terrorism liaison officers" to serve as their eyes and ears around the state.

The new TLOs, as they are called, will bring the total deployed statewide to 370 — more than five times the initial target when the program began in 2007 — in one of the more robust state efforts to develop a federally guided grassroots network of intelligence agents.

TLOs in Colorado and at least nine other states "are the people who will stop an attack. . . . They will see the gathering of supplies. They are the people who, through their everyday activities, will be able to witness things that may be that small piece of a larger puzzle," said State Patrol Capt. Steve Garcia, director of the Colorado Information Analysis Center.

www.vaildaily.com...

Just more steps towards the police state.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That's right. I could see a very easy defense for this case if he had been looking to open a salon, or practice cosmetology. Or even stocking up on supplies in fear of a economic collapse. These terrorists cases recently are offending my logical notion of common sense. It seems they see terrorist activity in everything...in this case, like others, I think they should wait a bit longer for more information. Otherwise, the authorities risk looking irrational seeing a terrorist around every corner, and in every activity.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

The guy bought 12 bottles of Hydrogen Peroxide.

And they haven't even found the evidence, it's
only video of the top of his head.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kingswillquiver

So, I go and buy bottled water, canned goods and I get turned in by a snoop?

When I went to bed last night, it was America.

Where in the hell did I wake up?

Nice find!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
there is a difference in say buying 20 cans of beans with a 5year expiration date. and someone who buys like 10 kilos of treestump remover...

nothing to worry about. unless you are making a bomb.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by MR BOB]

[edit on 26-9-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Or had a lot of tree stumps to remove.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hdyrogen Peroxide can be a deadly explosive, especially when mixed with other chemicals. It is often used as a propulsive by amateur rocket enthusiast. (One such entheuasist several years ago was killed when his fuel exploded in his garage.)
When people hear "hydrogen peroxide, they immediatly think of the solution one buys at drug stores to clean wounds, or remove blood from organic fabrics. That is a 1% solution. There are, needless to say, much stronger solutions that can be used for a great many other things, including bombs.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kingswillquiver

H2O2 is fast becoming one of the alternative medical scene's most favored items.

He may simply be stocking up, at today's prices.

It is used everywhere from topical medical use, to cleaning and sterilization of surfaces, to toothpaste, the list is long.

In the last X years, Hydrogen Peroxide (really should be Hydrogen DIoxide, but never mind) has become touted as a reliable and effective disease and VIRUS eliminator in humans and animals (and depending on purity and additives, safe for ingestion at proper dilution rates).

According to affidavits by users and proponents, H2O2 actually cured or greatly reduced symptoms in a variety of conditions.

Plant life benefit from it's use too as does the soil.

It could be used for making a 'device', but so can many things.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

The common dilutions you'll find in a chemist's shop, is 3% and 9%.

35% is easily obtainable too.

As is 40%, as supplied to the beauty industries.

90% is usually used as an oxidizer in rocket fuel, which is obtained by concentrating the lower strengths, or not diluting the stuff upon manufacture.

I have to say though, a simple glance into an individuals background and occupation will pretty much tell you why they want it in quantity, or else a cursory look over web browsing history will tell them just as well. (if you think tptb can't do this at a whim, you're kidding yourself)

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

H2O2 is fast becoming one of the alternative medical scene's most favored items.

Given the flu scare and its use for disinfecting they are going to have a real problem in court. Heck I stocked up on Iodine. - OMGOD BOMBS - nope they were going to take it off the market and it is the only thing that kills navel ill and tetanus in newborn lambs, calves... Also works great on tick bites to prevent infection, and in my case allergic reaction.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Well there you go!

Loads of useful things are being restricted or removed from sale.

If you use the stuff, have always used the stuff, want to carry on using the stuff, it's only natural you want to stock up on a few years worth, before they stop you buying it.

I don't think they see a terrorist on every corner, so much that they want US all to see a terrorist on every street corner..

Useful excuse for them though to remove access to cheap, reliable and for the most part, if used correctly - safe and effective methods of helping yourself.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

You probably already know this, but povidine is an iodine based solution which is used as a surgical scrub and a wound cleanser. Stock up on it for cleaning small wounds, as well as cleaning the navels of newborn livestock.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Oy, brake fluid and COMMON other household chemicals when combined will spontaneously ignite, releasing dangerous gases... and such a device can be made to CONTINUE burning with the help of aluminum foil. It would be hard to isolate people with the smarts to constuct explosives like this, especially if they pay in cash.

[edit on 9-26-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Just to ad to the thread and H2O2 usage: food-grade hydrogen peroxide can also be used to GREATLY extend the shelf life of milk, without affecting taste or any noxious effects. I used it in this aspect for years.

As a strong oxidizer, it can be similarly used to kill most harmful organisms to make potable water (as can chlorine - but without as many health hazards).

With the addition of previously noted uses... it might be a good thing to have in the emergency supplies!

And of course higher concentration "food grade" takes up less space, and can be diluted to whatever purpose needed. The common low grade, drug store stuff typically will have a preservative/stabilizer added, so all around is best for topical use only.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
What they are afraid of is the dumb @$$ making a peroxide based explosive in his garage. It is fairly easy to do but of course it is dangerous. This is along the lines of a lot of the pre-crime type of legislation they have adopted to try and be proactive against terrorism.

Any government big enough to protect you from such potential scenarios is big enough to take away all of your freedom. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance and personal responsibility of the individual. That is security with freedom.

If you have the government snooping and micro-managing the entire economy from looking into every transaction you make to every search engine query or library book you have checked out you then have security but at the cost of freedom.

I could rather have take the responsibility for my own security then give anyone that much power over my life. It is just too much of a risk and a lack of freedom to give them that much power no matter how responsible they say they will be with that power.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The ultimate question should be why this particular person would stock up on large amounts of hydrogen peroxide. Perhaps he really was going to use the hydrogen peroxide for some benign purpose like opening up a beauty salon. Based on what I read, I doubt that this particular person had such plans and was going to use the peroxide to build a bomb.

The question should not be whether someone like you should be punished for stocking up on hydrogen peroxide. I used to work for someone who purchased 50 gallon drums of hydrogen peroxide. His use was innocent. This person owned a company that supplied chemicals to manufacturers. He would sell 50 gallon drums of hydrogen peroxide to people who used it in their factories. It would be silly to arrest him for stocking up on chemicals like hydrogen peroxide.

new topics

top topics

join