It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tupac Shakur's Mother Donates The Rappers Writing To AUC Library For Research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Tupac Shakur's Mother Donates The Rappers Writing To AUC Library For Research

anonym.to

The rapper's collection will be part of the archives at the library on the campus of the Atlanta University Center, which comprises the historically black universities of Morehouse College, Spelman College, Clark Atlanta University and the Morehouse School of Medicine.

The library also houses The Martin Luther King Jr. Collection. Shakur's records are expected to be available for research in the fall of 2010.

"We need to read history from the source," Afeni Shakur said. "It gives people the opportunity to judge him objectively. What we want to do is educate."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I can already predict negative comments about this coming from those who know nothing of 2pac. So, let me repost what I posted in a blog dealing with this same topic in which many blasted 2pac, while not really knowing anything about him or his music....

So many negative comments about a man so few of you I'm sure have ever given a chance. Was 2pac a violent rapper? At times yes, of course he was. That was however not the epitome of his music. His content ecompassed all that we as a society go through, particularly the inner city youth. You may call him a hypocrite, but so are you and so is every human that has ever existed. His music was about violence and peace, it was about love and hate, happiness and sadness. He was an all around artist who spoke on every issue from politics, teen pregnancy, gangster mentality, God, drugs, peace etc. He decried violence in many songs, yet called for violent societal backlash against injustice in others.

He of course also did the typical ghetto music, but that's what sells in hiphop. What better way to get your real message out to the masses than to actually sell music??? I cannot name how many rappers make a career of positive music, yet are never acknowledged. Not because they aren't talented, but because they don't rap about rims, gold teeth and other popular bulls**t. However, you cannot listen to a song like Keep Ya Head Up and honestly say that he was a rapper of no more worth than 50 Cent or Lil Wayne. No I cannot name only a handful of positive songs, I can name dozens... Why do you think he has left such a big impact in popular culture? Had he been no different than the likes of 50 Cent, I am certain his appeal would not have lasted this long, and been this wide. Had he been no different than Lil Wayne, he would've been forgotten long ago. Lil Wayne is currently the most popular rapper and he is garbage in my opinion, I've already forgotten about him. If you want a glimpse into what 2pac Shakur's music was all about before condeming him, buy or download his album Me Against The World.

anonym.to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
He was awesome. I listen to his music all the time, i have all his cd's. He was definitly one of the wisest rappers, beeing one who aactually read books and was aware of things in society.

He had always FBI lurking after his family since they were black panthers in the 70s (?) and i think he learned to know the dirty government for what it is. He became awake at an early age, but didnt "know" the bigger things until mid 90s, when he learned about the illuminati. And made anti-illuminati songs like KILLUMINATI, which meant "kill illuminati"

He said he was fighting that illuminati stuff, and that should convince at least some of you haters out there, that he was on our side. Didnt he even refere to himself as the DON KILLUMINATI?

But please, LISTEN to what his LYRICS are. He speaks some very important stuff in some songs. Just LISTEN.

This series may shed some light on what 2pac knew, for you who dont know about him. If they arent posted already i'll make a seperate thread on it:

There are 10 parts..

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
While I agree that Tupac was an intelligent man, he did not believe in the Illuminati.... In fact his own lyrics are proof of this...

"They say Illuminati'll take my body to sleep, N---- at the party with their shotties just as rowdy as me. Before I flee computer chips I gotta deal with brothers flippn" Taken from "They Don't Give A F--- About Us" from the 2nd disc of Better Dayz.

Here he is essentially saying that before he worries about the Illuminati, he has to deal with immediate issues in everyday life.

I to am a huge Tupac fan, and I own all of his records, pre-death and the posthumos releases as well.

However, if that lyric isn't telling enough about his views on the Illuminati and secret societies, I suggest you watch this video. This is part of an interview in which 2pac Shakur was asked about the Illuminati, and he destroys any possible argument that claims that he may have believed in it....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989
Here he is essentially saying that before he worries about the Illuminati, he has to deal with immediate issues in everyday life.

Don't we all have to do that? I could not agree with him more, It does not mean he does not believe in the Illuminate at all.

Before you can focus on the bigger things in the world, sometimes, in fact most of the time you have to sort out issues much closer to home first.

I am not a huge fan, I heard a lot when I was back in school but never listen to him now. I think its great that his music is being kept for further generations to hear, Like many prolific people/artists even if the music is forgotten by many the message and the person will be remembered.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
He was truly a poet that could speak very deeply to the hearts of the disenfranchised youth. I am a fan of a lot of his work. I am glad it will be preserved along with his poetry. The ability to access these things in a scholarly way will leave a note for history. It will be a view in to the contradictory emotional struggles of many citizens of the US and the world during the late eighties and early nineties.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

Thanks for this post. I'm not very familiar with Tupac, but your post led me to listen to Keep Ya Head Up and it was VERY good. I'm watching some other stuff about him now. Very interesting, emotional stuff.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
No problem Benevolent Heretic... If you liked Keep Ya Head Up, you'll probably like Brenda's Got A Baby (Song about a pregnant teen) and Dear Mama, a dedication to his mother.

I grew up on hiphop for the most part, so I can listen to most of his not so nice stuff, but his socially concious and personal music is just so much better... It is what made him so great...

Refuse Orders: I suppose you have a point, that lyric doesn't necessarily disprove the claim that he believed in the Illuminati. But I'm pretty sure the youtube link I posted does , because after all, it comes straight out his own mouth

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Great use of my tax dollars. Perhaps they should start a class dedicated to thug rapper criminals, or an art class on how to make crack pipes.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I didn't like Tupac, till i saw the words from 'Killuminati', then i realized why he got killed.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

You know what stevegmu, why don't you just be quiet jeez. It's obvious your a hater and don't like anything whose skin shade is darker than a sheet of paper.

You always got something negative to say about other people. You would be better off served at stormfront.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

I did not watch the video's I don't have the time at the moment but I will try get around to it later.

If he believed or not makes no difference to me, he is a prolific artist of his time and he did what many others only wish they could do, communicate on a level that people connect with.

When I saw Chris Rock he did a part on how he loves hip hop, but now he can't defend it, saying it now lacks the message and meaning it had in the early days. Sadly like most things as soon as it becomes swallowed up by mainstream media, diluted, poisoned and sold as the real thing to the ignorant consumer all of the integrity has vanished.

Still though people remember the true greats and visionaries, one day people will look back at Tupac and see the same qualities that people see in artists like Leadbelly today.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by stevegmu

You know what stevegmu, why don't you just be quiet jeez. It's obvious your a hater and don't like anything whose skin shade is darker than a sheet of paper.

You always got something negative to say about other people. You would be better off served at stormfront.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by cenpuppie]

Does he have a history of racist comments or something? I've already come across many who disapproved of this on a blog where a similar article about 2pac was posted. I don't believe their disdain for Tupac stems from racism, I believe it comes from ignorance. Not knowing, because they clearly don't know about 2pac or his music.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Has anyone seen Resurrection? What did you think of it? How was the music?

Trailer:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Has anyone seen Resurrection? What did you think of it? How was the music?

Trailer:

I've watched it numerous times... Its a great documentary, its the best documentary about 2pac I've ever seen.... Its all in his words to, so its even better...

new topics

top topics

join