It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on being a "ad agency face"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
-----not a fashion model------more like a cunning car salesman------

allright so my protective angels decided to struck me again with a piece of luck,to keep me from going suicidal
i mean...after so many months without finding a nice job its hard not to be depressed,especialy when ur planning to leave ur country after u collect some money XD.

so i was on a interview about being a wheel guy for an "ad agency" (by that i mean all the calendars,gift cards and pens the companyes uses,the ad agencys maked them,and so my job is to drive the sayd "materials" to companyes and blablabla.

the boss is a sweat middle aged lady and liked me,however she liked me for a different job,as the interview steered in a direction if i want to work as the "face" of the company (i dont know how u call it in english...a dealer?)
so i guess my will be to find new "clients/companyes",or to steal new clients,to 'negotiate' with them,to struck deals,and do the talking,charming...to be the face.
pretty awesome job,i think this is the job i never knew i was meant to work.
however it requires advanced talking skills,i must be pretty manipulative.
dont get me wrong,im very creative,i can help with the design work and managemend,but i get nervous on a first date,so i pretty much NEED training and ADVICE on how to manipulate,win people and struck deals.
the salary is pretty much just a percent of the deal i struck and thats cool,couse i can work another light job.she really liked me,im wating for her call,she sayd to think if i know any corporatons or agencyes/clients.
fyi her company is from long time,she has a great portfolio so its a serious cool job.
and as always when i need help i ask you my ats friends,how can i be more mischivious and manipulative..like catwoman^^
im just a creative crazy stupid boy ):with cool dreams...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Good luck with the job BUT....

forget about any kind of "creativity" or "art", it's about manipulation, stealing ideas, and money. Are you sure you want to be part of that?

I know...I worked in ad agencies and design companies for years (big name brands) and left when it all got too overrun by middle-management and profits.

Tread carefully my friend....maybe see this as your "way in" to what would REALLY make you happy.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
hmm well its about time i got evil,its an evil world,dumb guis like me get nothin ):
about creativity i was talking more like "making a good idea for the client so i may score a deal,like suggesting a design or stuff",or maybe doing some of the work of the designer in the ad company my self,but afcourse if its good and profitable for me.

well, im quite the oposite of a cunning manipulative person,but i learn fast,plus i loog inteligent with the cute glasses and blablabla,its so much cooler then to work in a stupid bar with drunk people and rude employees,or as a lonely security guard,plus i get to meet alot of bosses/clients so..idk..connections^^
i guess ill download a "mindcontrol/manipulation" books and torrents,but still,i have lots to learn,i cant even be cool on a first date with a girl xD
thank you,i hope others give some tips too

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
My friend, it's all about being sincere. If you can fake that, you got it made in the shade.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
thx, u know theres a young guy like me working in a phone operator provider store/office thats really good in sweattalking and manipulation,he almost got my mother to sign out from her operator and sign in with his. i guess i should go "accidently" in the store and try to ask him if i want to switch phone operator "after some months" to see how he mindrapes me
and STEAL his knowledge..like highlander..there can be only one

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Stillalive]

new topics

top topics

join