It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news from China's ZGC Focus economics - Dollar is dead?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
If someone would like to start a thread about this subject - that would be fine, but the OP is a hoax and needs to be dealt with.

The OP is not a hoax, the story may turn out to be a hoax, but I don't think WarrenB did so in a malicious manner.

Look at the forum this thread is in... BREAKING POLITICAL NEWS...

It's for hot off the press or topics the MSM hasn't reported on. He probably found this information linked it to us to get word out quickly.

Call the information in the video linked hoax if you want, but WarrenB's credentials and involvement on this site speak for themselves. So watch where your attacks are directed please...

-Sliadon

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
What makes a good thread:

-Not posting youtube videos of another language you cannot understand and claiming the subject matter is disturbing
-Not posting material that contains crappy and poor subtitles
-Having other sources of information to back up the thread's topic

G'day.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
this is a reply to this post; in prepartioon; have canned goods; heating matierials; wood heat; or think of relocating in the mean time kerosene heaters; with at least twenty gallons of fuel; buy staples; you can get large bags of rice at Asian stores sometimes; buy seeds; turnips; etc. the things our great grand parents had; how did they live; look it up; non urban that is.............FEAR NO EVIL............MAYANTRUTHSEEKER

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
news.alibaba.com...
another news link

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sliadon

Originally posted by Maxmars
If someone would like to start a thread about this subject - that would be fine, but the OP is a hoax and needs to be dealt with.

The OP is not a hoax, the story may turn out to be a hoax, but I don't think WarrenB did so in a malicious manner.

Look at the forum this thread is in... BREAKING POLITICAL NEWS...

It's for hot off the press or topics the MSM hasn't reported on. He probably found this information linked it to us to get word out quickly.

Call the information in the video linked hoax if you want, but WarrenB's credentials and involvement on this site speak for themselves. So watch where your attacks are directed please...

-Sliadon

Warrenb has my respect and admiration for his excellent contributions and steady participation in our community.

However, the nature of the post was ostensibly based on the commentary presented in the incongruous video. Yes... that makes it a HOAX. Not Warrenb's HOAX - but a HOAX nevertheless.

The sad part is the content and commentary is valuable and meaningful; outside of the fact that the OP is based on nonsense. I feel safe presuming that Warrenb had no idea and responded as everyone else did here. But frankly, it seems silly to present ourselves as willing to argue to such length presuming the source material was legitimate.

If we a re a community of relatively honest intellectual pursuits (generally speaking) we need to willing to accept that we barked up the wrong tree on this one. Start the thread again, leave out the video.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I don't know Mandarin and I don't trust the captions at all. After seeing the video, the captions is saying almost CHINA is GOOD BRITAIN and AMERICA are bad. For one, I thought that SDR (Special drawing rights) would be used as an alternative reserve currency to settle international accounts. Which means that yea there may be a conversion of many currencies not just the dollar, but the the little guys won't have access to the SDR's only countries, large companies and companies that have been given the right in order to settle international payments. If this was about to happen, the markets would be crashing right about now. This (not trusting the captions) most likely was a they are THINKING about doing this.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Stability of US dollar key to global recovery: China

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania — China has called on the United States to ensure the stability of the weak US dollar, saying it was critical to global recovery driven by trade in the key reserve currency.

While showing apparent concern over the status of dollar, which dived to a year low against the euro on Wednesday, a Chinese central bank official said Beijing remained supportive of the dollar.

"Since US dollar is a major reserve currency and a major trade settlement currency, the stability of the US dollar has a key influence on the stability of the world economic recovery," said Xie Duo, director general of the People's Bank of China on the sidelines of the Group of 20 summit in Pittsburgh.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
60+ stars for a hoaxed video?

why?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
warren, redeem yourself by finding a real video.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join