It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama giving $400,000 to Gadhafi family charities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Obama giving $400,000 to Gadhafi family charities

forums.hannity.com

More great use of our tax payer money. Obama plans to give $400,000 to Gadhafi family run charities, divided between two foundations. $200,000 would goto the Gadhafi Development Foundation, which is run by Gadhafi's son, Saif, and the other $200,000 are to go to Wa Attassimou, an organization run by Muammar Gadhafi's daughter, Aisha.

Mark Kirk (one of the Cap and Trade 8 idiots) all of a sudden grows a pair and tells Obama to withdrawl this grant.

cbs2chicago.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I have found this information on many blogs, but not on any mainstream media site.

The basic idea is that Obama has awarded $400,000 to two foundations run by the Libyan Leader's two children.

If true, this is outrageous and a huge slap in the face for anyone affected by the downed Pan Am flight.

Can anyone provide a better source or information?

It seems only one representative. a Republican from Illinois, has asked that this money be blocked.

Thoughts?

Edit to add: I also happen to think that this is a huge slap in the face to all of the American citizens that banded together to prevent Gadaffi from staying in their towns. I should think that if the American people are angry enough to not even want this man on our soil, the least our President could do is to NOT give him money -- taxpayers money to boot!

Edit add: The total package in aide is $2.5 million, of which $400K is allotted to the above mentioned charities.

forums.hannity.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-9-2009 by lpowell0627]

[edit on 26-9-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The government has no right to give money to any charity. In fact, I think the federal government's powers should be drastically reduced. They have gotten too big.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ahem, does this go tos how, obama is a muslim extremist afterall? i think so. sicne when did terrorists get us citizens tax bailout money???? man i hope the FED gets audit now....

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Unless you can find a better source confirming this.. I don't think this is much of a story.. or a thread.

If it turns out true... it's outrageous and crazy... but that's too big an if atm for me to give it much credence.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Okay...

So you have a guy who was arrested and charged with this crime that he has maintained he is innocent of (EVEN AFTER HE IS RELEASED INTO HIS OWN COUNTRY, WHERE HE IS NOW SAFE!).
There is actual evidence that he wasn't the person responsible.
Families of the victims have consistently stated that they believe there is a lot more to the case, and that far more powerful people were behind it.

And now you have evidence of your federal government "paying off" relatives of that despotic leader?

Do any of you people actually know anything about this case, other than what is printed in your media? Have you investigated it yourselves? Have you seen the records? Have you seen the questions and opinion posed by the families of some of the victims?

First you guys have to be open to the idea that this was carried out by a power greater than what you've been told.

Google is your friend. Go from there and stop believing what you're told simply because it's easier to understand.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Is it possible that this $400,000 could have went to firemen or EMTs to help our

fellow citizens in the U.S.A. Is it obama's goal to help his Muslim brothers first

and his country last? How many other countries have received monies that our

countrymen and women do not know about. Who gives obama the authority

to spend like a drunken spendaholic when our country is broke? Can the

Weople have a true accounting and not a fabricated accounting of how much

we as a Nation actually spend and who and for what the money is spend on

or given away to God knows who for favors. ^Y^

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The low life scums who flew the planes itno the twin towers were muslim..governemnt has been an a muslim bandwagon since, and obama seems t like/put muslim first. whats the connection o do wonder? Has our governemnt mostly converted to muslim or soemthing, a well as the CIA?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If it's his own personal money, more power to him. If it's tax-payer funds, then perhaps he should consider putting those funds to good use by actually paying off some of this countries debt before sending it to a charity.

For anyone interested, here is a working link to the original story. I couldn't get the one in the OP to work for me and had to go to the Hannity link to get to it.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
libya.usembassy.gov...

On August 17th and 18th, Senators John McCain, Joseph Lieberman, Lindsay Graham, and Susan Collins visited Libya marking the first Congressional Delegation.

Seems anything funny going on would date back to Republicans visiting.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Really? Where in the short article does it say these nasty, evil Republicans gave money to M. Qaddafi's sons, their charities, or to any Libyan?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Ahem, does this go tos how, obama is a muslim extremist afterall? i think so. sicne when did terrorists get us citizens tax bailout money???? man i hope the FED gets audit now....

Muslim terrorists have been recieving US money from the very beginning, from the moment the first oil was found.

I think it is a massive mistake to project religion onto any of these people, be they Saudis, Iranians, or the US. These people are all playing roles in the game of screw the populace. I do not believe a single one of the politicians or religious leaders have any 'faith'. Religion is just another industry, another power base, another means to keep the populace down. They don't believe in a god beyond the god of nature, of dog eat dog, of survival of the most devious.

That's my 2 cents, scratch that at these exchange rates its my 1.1 cents.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
We have spent trillions making enemies. I would say $400,000 to make some friends is a more reasonable approach.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

the same muslims who , when named and had there fasces on the papares , were actually found alive and well in various countries around the world after the event?

www.rense.com...

rense maybe but has enough links from other soruces to validate the above

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Unless you can find a better source confirming this.. I don't think this is much of a story.. or a thread.

If it turns out true... it's outrageous and crazy... but that's too big an if atm for me to give it much credence.

Well, google is your friend:

NEW YORK, Sept 24 (Reuters) - The U.S. State Department said it is rethinking a decision to give $2.5 million in aid to Libya, including to foundations run by the Libyan leader's sons, after lawmakers on Thursday asked it to cancel the plan.

In a letter to U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, two U.S. lawmakers said they were unwilling to give the aid because of the warm reception Tripoli recently gave a Libyan official convicted of involvement in the 1988 Lockerbie bombing.

They also accused Libyan leader Col. Muammar Gaddafi of showing "flagrant disrespect" for the 270 victims of the bombing during his visit to New York this week to attend the U.N. General Assembly.

www.reuters.com...

Next time, try doing some independent research instead of putting the burden on others to convince you.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

It's time to call a spade a spade. The only person in this country right now that has the authority to allot money in aid to foreign countries IS Obama, a democrat.

Further, do you really think Obama would do anything that the "Republicans" told him to? Instead, he would do the opposite. Which, since the REPUBLICANS are the only ones seemingly opposed to this at this point (political representatives, not ATS members), it seems he is doing just that.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Didn't your mother ever tell you that you can't buy friends?

Seriously though, that's a crazy argument to make: we spend trillions of dollars in countries making enemies, so let's throw out some money (the total aide package is $2.5M) and hope to come away with a friend -- in Libya?

Libya is a dictatorship. That alone should be reason enough to not send them ANY money in aide.

Instead of your idea of spending more, I say we reign in ALL spending. You know, until the U.S. actually HAS some money....

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Actually, thanks for looking into it further. I might have done so myself at the time... but for two things.

First and foremost I wasn't aware it would be considered my responsibility to find a decent source for someone else's thread. Whether I questioned the quality of the OP's source or not. You seem to feel differently. That's your opinion and you're welcome to it. I on the other hand feel it was the OP's responsibility to have a better source to begin with. I guess we disagree. Oh my.

And secondly, while Google is indeed everyone's friend (unless you prefer Bing, or some other)... and while at other times I might have been motivated by sheer curiosity to dig further myself... alas, unfortunately, I was otherwise busy. Not that that's any of your business.. but you seemed concerned with my apparent laziness, so I'm doing my best to answer you're apparent concern. Is this OK with you? I hope so.

More on topic... and in light of confirmation of this story (ty again jsobecky

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I may have found out exactly why Obama is giving money to Gadaffi's kids:

The Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at U.S. President George W. Bush was given a bravery award on Monday by a Libyan charity group chaired by leader Muammar Gaddafi's daughter.
The charity group Wa Attassimou also urged the Iraqi government to release television reporter Muntazer al-Zaidi after he was detained on Sunday for hurling footwear at Bush and calling the president a "dog" -- both severe insults in the Middle East.

Link: www.javno.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by jsobecky

First and foremost I wasn't aware it would be considered my responsibility to find a decent source for someone else's thread. Whether I questioned the quality of the OP's source or not. You seem to feel differently. That's your opinion and you're welcome to it. I on the other hand feel it was the OP's responsibility to have a better source to begin with. I guess we disagree. Oh my.

You're correct. It was my responsibility. I couldn't find anything more legit -- just more blogs and conservative opinions -- and then I had to go out.

My apologies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join