It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, I have forgiven

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

Do you know what it means to judge someone? I don't think you do. To have an opinion on someone/thing is not a judgment. If you are judging someone, then you are deciding 1. guilt, and 2. punishment. He has done neither of those.

There is a difference between judging people, and making good judgements for 1 self - which is wisdom. Nowhere does the bible say you are not to make good judgments and choices for yourself. Nowhere does the bible say you are not to understand a situation, or see that someone is in need of help. All he did was see that someone needed help and made the correct judgment on how to handle it - by helping.

Judging other people = bad. Making good judgments for yourself = good/wisdom. Learn the difference.

To the OP: Good for you. I've been kind of blessed in this manner because it's practically impossible for me to hold a grudge. When I was a kid, I would lose fights because I would throw 1 punch and then feel bad. For me it's like an instant switch. I would get so mad, but then as soon as I went to do anything about it - it was gone. My head tells me I should be furious and so forth, but my heart just is never in it. Even if I don't throw a punch or anything, 5 minutes later and I'm over it. Only if I keep dwelling on it do I get angry etc.

I wish my best friend would do the same thing. He just can't let things go.

My saying is this:

To err is human,
To forgive is divine,
But letting someone walk all over you is just plain foolish.

I will forgive, but I won't forget what you did, or give you much chance to do it again.

[edit on 9/26/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I'm truly sorry for my response, it was meant for someone else and not you.

Some one else was flaming you and I thought that person was "accessdenied" I apologize. I responded to your original post that I welcomed you to this awesome new world. I have went through the same thing a month ago and it is amazing.

Good luck and welcome to your new life my friend.

Sorry for the mix up.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

Boooooooo!

You are totally lost and completely clueless.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hooray for YOU, A.D.
....but not just you. Hooray for all of us that get to live in the world today and the slight swinging of the pendulum, no matter how insignificant it may seem. What you have done is strike a blow against hate and death and held up life and light.

It could very easily seem like a minor victory to some, but I think it is no less than a matter of life and death. A drop in the bucket to some, but without any drops, the bucket would certainly be empty.

Thanks for sharing, and encouraging us all to let go of some of the anger and negativity we hang on. It robs us of our life and more often than not, the object of our resentment has much less trouble sleeping over it than we do.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This reminds of of something I have read on RealLivePreacher.com and would like to share with you:

"Forgiveness is the healing of wounds caused by another. You choose to let go of a past wrong and no longer be hurt by it. Forgiveness is a strong move to make, like turning your shoulders sideways to walk quickly on a crowded sidewalk. It's your move."

I think it was well put.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by juzchilln

I'm truly sorry for my response, it was meant for someone else and not you.

Some one else was flaming you and I thought that person was "accessdenied" I apologize. I responded to your original post that I welcomed you to this awesome new world. I have went through the same thing a month ago and it is amazing.

Good luck and welcome to your new life my friend.

Sorry for the mix up.

Understood and it's ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Outstanding! I went through a similar thing about 8 years ago, and the day I decided to forgive, my life turned around, and I have been happy ever since.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Well said.

I can only hope that anyone who read your post, takes something positive away from it.

-cheers-

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I spoke vaguely for a reason. Those that know me well, know of whom I speak, as they have helped me through many a trying time. The particulars make no difference to anyone else.
It was a process, of time. But it was a spontaneous realization.

I'm sure it was a spontaneous realization, but I'm talking about the healing. It might take a while before you're completely healed and pick up where you left off.

Whoever this person is, he/she sure messed you up really bad. Anyway, good luck AD.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Nice, AccessDenied. I'd like to add my own story of leaving behind a dark heart. It was a good day for me. Probably one of my best days.

I watched as a man drove his car over my beloved dog, Bear. The man could have avoided it, perhaps. Now, though, I think he didn't even see the dog. The man was rather short and so he sat low in the driver seat.
But he ran over my dog and didn't stop. He had to have known he ran over my dog. Sheesh! The sound was quite loud from where I stood in my back yard watching the event. The man just kept on going down the road.

My dog pulled itself off the road using it's front paws, it's back legs useless, it's back broken. My wife and I held Bear and petted him and hugged him for the few minutes of his life that remained. It's true when people recall knowing when they see life leaving a creature, Bear was looking at me and suddenly his eyes changed from life to death. It was over. Yeah, dumb dog. He had been hit by a car a year or so earlier and didn't learn his lesson.

Sure, I am to blame for letting this dog run loose. But I live in the country and, well, it's just what I have always done, let dogs run. If I was a dog I would want to be able to run free and chase bunnies and scare birds and run off the occasional intruder that invades my territory.

Anyway, I got a good look at the man driving the car. I expressed hatred towards him. I wanted to kick his a$$ the next time I saw him. And see him I did, a few days later. He was sitting in his car at a store when I came out of the store and he called out to me, "Can you please help me? I can't turn the knob on my oxygen bottle and this one is empty!"

I forgot all my hate at that moment, seeing a fellow human in distress and possibly in a life or death situation. What did I do? I turned the valve on his new bottle of oxygen and helped him connect to the tubes running to his nose. He thanked me. And in turn I thanked him. He was puzzled as to why I thanked him, but I just told him, "Just know that today you have helped me."

That was the day I stopped hating.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by kyred]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

TODAY, I WILL SMILE.

And now we know why! Beutiful picture, from a beautiful soul.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-9-2009 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join