It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, I have forgiven

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

You are right about moving forward and feeling free & happy within yourself but just watch out when the dark day or days creep up on you... they have a nasty habbit of doing that......

I say again.... good luck!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen

Yeah, the person was down and out of luck....

If what you are saying is true, why couldn't you forgive before?

You just realized you were on top, and that made you feel superior. Has nothing to do with forgiving, sorry.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.
You don't forgive 20 years of abuse in an instant.
As for being on top..I am not. I don't measure people against each other, one better than the other.
You know not of whom you speak.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

"Judge not, lest ye be judged... "wth whats your problem? Doesn't make any sense.

Ofcourse you forgive 20 years of abuse in an instant, that's the point, it's called enlightment...

Obviousley you compare people to eachother, you said yourself this person was down (compared to what then, if not who).

As for me not knowing of "whom" i speak... Ofcourse not, it's a internet forum, I have to relate to the information given, if you didn't want feedback on it you should have written it in your diary right?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

"Judge not, lest ye be judged... "wth whats your problem? Doesn't make any sense.

Ofcourse you forgive 20 years of abuse in an instant, that's the point, it's called enlightment...

Obviousley you compare people to eachother, you said yourself this person was down (compared to what then, if not who).

As for me not knowing of "whom" i speak... Ofcourse not, it's a internet forum, I have to relate to the information given, if you didn't want feedback on it you should have written it in your diary right?

I think AccessDenied made perfect sense. As a child of an abusive parent, I was able to forgive, but it wasn't instantaneous, and I am never 100% sure I won't feel that old anger rise again. When I do, I forgive again. Forgiveness is seldom instantaneous.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

*sigh, there's always one in every thread...and you'll not upset my apple cart today. NO siree!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Just ignore the naysayers altogether, AD, and move right along.

Know that you are loved here in ATS by many people.

Keep up your excellent posting.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Welcome to this new world. Amazing how we've been so blind to this type of love, self power, esteem and purpose. Welcome!!!!!!

Your future is going to be unlike anything you've ever dreamed.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
I am going to rain on your parade.

You are of course, 100% right in that dwelling on negatives only makes you worse off. There is nothing better than focusing on positives and letting the rest slide by.

But ...

Chances are the person you used to hate and who you now helped, will, once back on their feet, be completely unappreciative, and will likely do again whatever it is that they did to bug you in the first place.

Then it will be your job to once again struggle against your tendency to be angry. Maybe now though, you will be better at it, having experienced how liberating it can be.

Good luck.

I agree here. But who gives a [bleep]. It is not about that person. It is about you and you releasing that anger and those grudges which binds you. You cannot control that person. You have no control of that which is external. You can only control how things effect YOU.

So forgive and forget. Be like a child - mad today, forget tomorrow.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by DevilJin]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I responded to the wrong person. sorry.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by juzchilln]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Good for you! Finally some good news on ATS!

Forgiveness is huge, it frees you up so much.
Thats how I now feel about the illuminati etc.
I don't hate them, they are just men. They've become so lost in their own little world that they've corrupted their own lives. They may think they are happy, but trust me, their conscious, if it isn't already, will do all the punishment.
They'll have to live with themselves after they realize the truth, and thats something we don't have to worry about.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by juzchilln

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Yeah, the person was down and out of luck....

If what you are saying is true, why couldn't you forgive before?

You just realized you were on top, and that made you feel superior. Has nothing to do with forgiving, sorry.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.
You don't forgive 20 years of abuse in an instant.
As for being on top..I am not. I don't measure people against each other, one better than the other.
You know not of whom you speak.

You're name says it all. "Access denied", if you don't see that then the joke is on you.

Wake up.

I assure you, I'm fully awake. And the name is appropriate when you have been denied many things most people take for granted. In that, there is no joke.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

hmmm, fall does this to me also.

It's easy to forgive or be forgiven, harder not to cause pain in the first place.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
AccessDenied - I would recommend you research Stoicism and Buddhism - both have helped me tremendously.

This included website has what is like a "ten commandment" for Stoics. Pretty amazing how effective some of them are.
classics.mit.edu...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Just ignore the naysayers altogether, AD, and move right along.

Know that you are loved here in ATS by many people.

Keep up your excellent posting.

Believe it or not, I want to second this. Great thread, and you are a good person AD. I'm glad you're finally able to let go of your hate. I wish a lot more people could be like that......

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Ad.... this is most wonderful to hear! (OR read rather, hehehe)

But I can sense that peace you speak of in what you have written. It does indeed lighten the "load". Things don't grind against you and hold you back as much the more you can truly forgive not only others but also yourself. We need nurturing. It is vital to healing and a healed race.

Achieving this is a step in a more positive direction for us, I hope many others can relate and share similar perspectives, I absolutely do. It is so wonderful to be apart of this, and to share this with each other. This is breaking the cycle, and taking ourselves out of TPTB equation. They don't want us healed and at peace.

Anyways... glad to see this, have a wonderful day my friends!

Be In Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
All emotions boil down into two main emotions i.e. Love and Fear.
Therefore Anger, and Hatred are biproducts of Fear. Fear of being hurt, Fear of rejection.
I've come to realize that if you take all your actions outta Love(Love for yourself and Love for others) you can never go wrong

MSM has painted a picture that being kind, generous, and Loving are "uncool" WTF

But I dont know it just takes to much energy to hate, but to love.

Last night I was standing at the lightrail station and there was an old homeless hippie there with his guitar and harmonica playing Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan I couldn't help but to give him the last of my money and when my lightrail came I gave him a hug and told him I loved him and his eyes welled up which made my eyes well up lol

point being-how incredible would this world be if everyone did one random act of kindness everyday
it could be as simple as a hug
a challenge for everyone tomorrow
do one anonymous good deed
just something little

and why anonymous
because our human nature is to be acknowledged for doing anything nice
sooo yeah
I Love You ALL!

-Cody

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing cody! (love you too!)

I totally agree, and I feel as if these are the times when we need to really start showing each other what we're capable of, without fear and illusioned boundaries. We've all been there and played that game, and it doesn't work.

Be In Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your personal experience. Hate and bitterness is an awful heavy burden to carry one's shoulders. It is a good thing that you decided to alleviate that strain by assisting that person who wronged you. It takes a lot of will to be better than the ones who were vile to you. I deal with many of the same issues you revealed in this thread, and I am still dealing with them. Forgiveness is a very hard thing, but a good thing, if one can stomach the moral fortitude to proceed with it.

I have yet to mark the occasion with my personal situations, but I laud you for taking the step in the right direction. In other words, it is great to forgive, however; never forget the wrongs that have been done to you. Ensure they are fresh in your mind and be ever watchful when dealing with the person in the future. Make them work hard to earn your trust, but never forget, or they may pull the same stunt on you in the future or worse. Loyalty is a virtue that all friends should adhere to, but sadly, most don't adhere to that simple principle. Good for you that you were able to turn over a new leaf and help someone in need!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

This is exactly what everyone needs to do on a continual basis. Free themselves, take the weight off their shoulders. Make amends with everyone around them, admit faults and lies- forgive everyone and anyone from the past! Free your soul and mind from all weight and things of the material world. Tell your family you love them, share that love with people as much as possible because anyone can be taken and die at anytime, that is out of your control so make things right now while you still have the chance. Excellent post and message! I hope everyone can do the same as you have. The world would change for the better if there were more people around forgiving!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Forgiving is very nice- and it's a great achievement

I have a hard time forgiving and specially forgetting.

Sometimes you think you've forgiven but then something happens and you realise the grudge was still there.

I guess it's all about working on the issue and experiencing that moment of illumination, that helps you release the negativity you've been holiding onto.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join