It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists See Numbers Inside Peoples Heads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Scientists See Numbers Inside Peoples Heads

news.yahoo.com

By carefully analyzing brain activity, scientists can tell what number a person has just seen, research now reveals.

They can similarly tell how many dots a person was presented with.

Past investigations had uncovered brain cells in monkeys that were linked with numbers. Although scientists had found brain regions linked with numerical tasks in humans - the frontal and parietal lobes, to be exact - until now patterns of brain activity linked with specific numbers had proven elusive.

Scientists had 10 volunteers watch either numerals or dots on a screen while a part of their b
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Here's a yet another cool development in scientific research, an advancement that brings them one step closer to telling us that they can read our minds! First it's simple brainwaves, then it's numbers and dots then partial thoughts followed by complete thoughts, I believe the govt has far more advanced tech then this but for now we get the scraps and bits and pieces, oh well I guess 'll have to keep my thoughts clean or maybe not!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
So if it ever comes down to a question of how many people do you know that participate in resistance activities hmm? 10? 20?? we can safely assume those in interrogation wont have a chance eh? sounds like a LOVELY idea.......

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Immortality is on the way, everything will be replaced by computers
finally I can see that possibility, not long ago I was completely oblivious to it.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Let's not forget that this is just what's now coming into the public realm.

You think this is the most advanced research there is?

The military are always ahead of the game. The question is, how far? Did you know that the EU years ago banned mind-control weapons and research?

It's all done with microwaves, or so I am led to believe. Search on "mind control" weaponry.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

What do you think the EU's motivations were for banning them? I wonder is it to monopolize the practicality of it on their home turf or to defend against it from external elements? A little of both? Lets hear your thoughts on that friend

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Terrible news.

Science, you stay the hell out of my brain! That pin number ISN'T FOR YOU!

This can only be a negative development, there is almost no cause I could think of that this would benefit someone, only harm someone. Though I am sure there could be positive applications of it. But I think it is in the wrong hands for something positive to come of it.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is called the Matrix..............

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Lot's of recent media interest in reporting 'brain scanning' developments lately, no?

Wonder why? Are we to believe that for some reason extra resources are being put into this field of research; or are we to believe that we have gotten luckier or more adept as probing the mind?

Makes me wonder what the next techno-distraction will be....

new topics

top topics

join