It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tibetan monks need permission to reincarnate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Source

In one of history's most absurd acts of totalitarianism, China banned Buddhist monks in Tibet from reincarnating without government permission. According to a statement issued by the State Administration for Religious Affairs in 2007, the law, which strictly stipulates the procedures by which one is to reincarnate, is "an important move to institutionalize management of reincarnation."

I mean, come on! That's taking it a bit far, no?
How on Earth they enforce this, is what I can't fathom...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by suicide__x

I mean, come on! That's taking it a bit far, no?

Well, china does have some pretty strict population control policies - and they are Communist, so their doctrine wants to make sure that everyone gets a turn.

Some of these monks come back once every hundred years - and then all they do is sit around and learn how to come back the next time.

Sneaky.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Some of these monks come back once every hundred years - and then all they do is sit around and learn how to come back the next time.

Sneaky.

It is a bit sneaky! Lol.

But still, China have serious problems - I think they should just let everyone go nuts and do what they like for a day. Can you imagine?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This has got to be the most rediculous piece of news I read ever... Do they have police in the afterlife? They should just learn from the monks... I the whole country would be like those monks, the world would be a better place. Over a billion people at peace and at one with the univers would definitly change the world paradigm.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well - the act of control doesn't get more blatantly ridiculous than this - does it?
It's humorous.

No one controls any of us.
Someday - we'll all realize that -
Then - the species will finally be operating at full potential.

new topics

top topics

join