It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assist the hunt... Bigfoot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Subject: Researching Bigfoot

Overall Purpose: To provide a thread that all can contribute to the research into proving or disproving the existence of Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti or any other commonly used name in reference to this creature.

I am creating this thread with the hope that we all can provide ideas for the research of Bigfoot. Skeptic and believer alike can all contribute to solving this mystery, if it is to be solved. From the skeptical point of view Bigfoot does not exist and with the information provided there will be an understanding of what would be acceptable in the form of proof. From the eyes of a believer or someone with first hand experience we can gather information into the behavior of the creature, environment when observed and conditions during the encounter. Thus possibly providing information into techniques for gathering the needed evidence.

With a large participation in this thread we stand a better chance in of producing results. Any idea is not only welcomed but encouraged. If you have an idea for field research technique, best time to conduct expeditions, Equipment modifications/deployment tactics, up coming events/expeditions, results of expeditions, invite to participate in a event/expedition or communications between regions as to the outcome of any experiment to avoid unnecessary waste of resources. Just to name a few possibilities. There are no limits to what could prove to be useful. (Note: If information from the thread is used please post the outcome for everyone else to see.)

I hope that all information provided here leads to definite results. Based up the participation and overall outcome of this thread I hope to attempt the same with other topics of interest. All participation is "at will" with the implied consent for the use of others. Please provide any information you feel would prove useful. Thank you.

(I apologize in advance for grammatic errors, not my strong suit)

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Being I started this thread I will start off.

Based on information from sighting here at ATS and www.bfro.net... I believe Bigfoot to be nomadic. Based upon area of research I would do my research during peak activity, once again based on sightings. Example of this would be in the NE Texas/SE - NE Oklahoma area I would suggest early sping to mid summer. All though there are sighting during other times of year. Activity seems to be highest during this time.

Camp out 2 to 3 "klicks" outside of purposed area of investigations and hike in. Use this time to "descent". Restrict diet to natural substance such as grain fruit and the like. While in S. Korea I was told that "Americans smell like red meat". No camp fire because the smell of a camp fire can last on clothing for an extended amount of time.

Just a few to start....

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Bigfoot has been sighted just outside of Louisville, KY. Recent sighting, early September. Dunno if its a man in a monkey suit, or the real deal. The photo is pretty blurry, but he was spotted in a man's garden.
google news search for Fairdale bigfoot, or kentucky bigfoot for more information.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I posted this in a different thread but feel i should put it here as well. =)

Read this quote from: The Law of One, Book I, Session 9
January 27, 1981

"Questioner: Is there any particular race of people on our planet now who
were incarnated here from second density?

Ra: I am Ra. There are no second-density consciousness complexes here on
your sphere at this time. However, there are two races which use the
second-density form. One is the entities from the planetary sphere you call
Maldek. These entities are working their understanding complexes through
a series of what you would call karmic restitutions. They dwell within your
deeper underground passageways and are known to you as “Bigfoot.”

The other race is that being offered a dwelling in this density by guardians
who wish to give the mind/body/spirit complexes of those who are of this
density at this time appropriately engineered physical vehicles, as you would
call these chemical complexes, in the event that there is what you call
nuclear war.

Questioner: I didn’t understand what these vehicles or beings were for that
were appropriate in the event of nuclear war.

Ra: I am Ra. These are beings which exist as instinctual second-density
beings which are being held in reserve to form what you would call a gene
pool in case these body complexes are needed. These body complexes are
greatly able to withstand the rigors of radiation which the body complexes
you now inhabit could not do.

Questioner: Where are these body complexes located?

Ra: I am Ra. These body complexes of the second race dwell in uninhabited
deep forest. There are many in various places over the surface of your
planet.

Questioner: Are they Bigfoot-type creatures?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct although we would not call these Bigfoot, as
they are scarce and are very able to escape detection. The first race is less
able to be aware of proximity of other mind/body/spirit complexes, but
these beings are very able to escape due to their technological
understandings before their incarnations here. These entities of the glowing
eyes are those most familiar to your peoples.

Questioner: Then there are two different types of Bigfoot. Correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This will be the final question.

There are three types of Bigfoot, if you will accept that vibratory sound
complex used for three such different races of mind/body/spirit complexes.

The first two we have described.

The third is a thought-form."

Read the rest here -> www.llresearch.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice

January 27, 1981

As soon as I see from the "enlightened ones" qoutes like "What you refer to as", "what you would call", and "What you know as", my BS meter goes off the scale.
Back on topic,
I live in Florida and we have our own little version of the big guy called amongst other names, "Skunk Ape". I don't believe it myself as I have been in the woods, swamps and waterways and wetlands my whole life and never seen track or hide of such a creature.
Vance

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by vance

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice

January 27, 1981

As soon as I see from the "enlightened ones" qoutes like "What you refer to as", "what you would call", and "What you know as", my BS meter goes off the scale.
Back on topic,
I live in Florida and we have our own little version of the big guy called amongst other names, "Skunk Ape". I don't believe it myself as I have been in the woods, swamps and waterways and wetlands my whole life and never seen track or hide of such a creature.
Vance

Your BS meter going off is how you perceive things, your judgment, which I am fine with. I didnt ask you to believe anything all i want you to do is try to learn something new, if it doesnt make sense to you thats fine too. Also can you point me to these "enlightened ones" ? If their so enlightened then i can surely learn alot from them, but may i ask you another question, how do you know their "enlightened" ?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

Nah, it wasn't bigfoot. It was a crow flying towards the camera. I'm in Kentucky so I would have been thrilled if it had been bigfoot!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for participating. I hope this thread will take off. Everyone's opinion is welcomed here. I think as "off the wall" an idea might sound it can be useful. As far as believing or not, both sides are needed. For example Vance is experienced in the outdoors and he does not believe in Bigfoot. This will be useful as far as techniques for cover and concealment, that has a lot to offer in this field. It is believed by many that Bigfoot is avoiding interaction with humans. With Vance's help useful techniques can be gained to avoid detection. The post from 4stral... illustrates that Bigfoot may be more sensitive than us. From that we could consider more equipment deployments that may escape detection. The post from "skeet..." brought forward photographic evidence. With the analysis from Gemimeye solving that it is a crow in the photo.

I thank everyone for their contribution. The idea is to use a community atmosphere to attempt to solve this particular mystery with science.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Bigfoot, I love this topic.

Some facts about Bigfoot, in no particular order, which are all related nonetheless.

1) Bigfoot are an endangered species and must be elusive for that reason.
2) They wont be found unles if its meant to be found.
3) Most people who have seen bigfoot have had a close encounter that was erased but they just dont know how lucky they were.
4) Bigfoot are not related to humans.
5) Live in ships, underground, surface, and in space stations above Mars.
6) Sasquatch - Martians
7) Cannot travel between dimensions
8) The ships that they are on travel between the planets are tagged and monitored (by god knows who).
9) Only a select few are allowed to come to Earth though
10) They probably think humans smell
11) They throw rocks as warnings, but the other alternative is much worse
12) Fur coats = chillider on Mars
13) Probably work for the maintenance department when the war was lost on Mars.

FYI

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hello all, been quite a while since ive posted here, but if I may make a few suggestions?

Ive read and heard enough stories of people who go out looking for bigfoot, only to see something or hear something and take off running through the woods like a bat out of hell. This needs to stop, no evidence is gained by this method.

In my opinion, I think researchers should should walk around with tranquilizer equipped darts or something along those lines to sedate the creature long enough to get hardcore evidence on a creature as magnificent as this. I know it may sound mean and cruel but its done on creatures all over the world.

Or maybe something along these lines, have small tracking devices implanted in bait for the bigfoot, or possibly a burr like contraption. some type of tracking device that could stick into the shaggy fur.

Probably not the brightest opinions but I Think they might help.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kikider

In contrast to your opinion, I believe that the best research method to date includes searching for hair and feces in areas where sightings have been reported. It is less dangerous, less invasive, and can be conducted at any time. I would consider a DNA sample from fur to be "hardcore evidence." I've personally had about enough with doctored photographs. It would be nearly impossible to create "fake" DNA and I think the key in future DNA testing is to ensure that the DNA sample collectors do not contaminate the samples with their own DNA. This can be avoided by wearing simple gloves.

I do not believe that we have enough knowledge about the behavior of any current bipedal primates for me to suggest going out and trying to find a living one. I would think track and samples with be suffice at this point in time. Once we have a few DNA samples, I think we can begin looking for a living specimen in an organized manner. Because by then we will have more of an idea of what it actually is.

Ya get me?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

DNA samples have been gathered and tested. They always come back "Unknown Primate" because until an undisputed bigfoot type creature is captured the sample cannot be tested against any KNOWN animal.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Actually in the reports that I've read, typically the DNA has tested positive for human contamination. Or positive as possum, bison, etc.

I show you my evidence and you show me yours?

www.reuters.com...

One of the two samples of DNA said to prove the existence of the Bigfoot came from a human and the other was 96 percent from an opossum, according to Curt Nelson, a scientist at the University of Minnesota who performed the DNA analysis.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Perhaps he is still stomping around somewhere, but a DNA test has confirmed that it was not Bigfoot roaming the Yukon earlier this month — it was just a bison.

And again, I do believe that there is a high-ish probability that there are other species of bipedal primates roaming around besides us. I just think the evidence is super sketchy and I wish people would stop lying and faking things. Do I think the government is hiding evidence of these species? Um, maybe. But if so, I think it's a good thing.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Oh no no bro I feel you man haha,

By tranquilizing I meant, tranquilizing, taking blood samples, attatching a small radio bracelet and getting a few up close shots of the creature. By no means did I mean take it into custody and keep it from its habitat.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Here's my evidence, I've got more from other sources too but I'll let the respected Scientist and prominent Bigfoot researcher Jeff Meldrum show more eloguently than I can:

From Jeff Meldrum's "Sasquatch - Where Legend Meets Science" Chapter 15, Splitting Hairs and Molecules: DNA and Physical Evidence.

Quote: "Precise hair identification - trichinology - is a challenging process requiring an extensive reference collection with which to compare the unknown sample. There can be considerable individual variation in hair length, color, texture, and stage of growth within a species, as well as variation between different regions on the body of a single individual animal. Arriving at a conclusive identification can be a labor-intensive process requiring exhaustive comparisons with known standards.

In the past there have been several independent analyses of hair attributed to sasquatch, more often than not conducted at the request of an amateur investigator. Usually, the hairs were readily identified as belonging to a commonly known animal such as bear, coyote, or human. However, some hair samples were of indeterminate identity. While an indeterminate identification of an alleged "sasquatch hair" is interpreted by some as indication of an unknown animal, it is more conservatively regarded by others as the lack of a comprehensive collection of hair samples from known species of animals with which to compare the strand in question. Indeed this would be the only reasonable outcome for hair that might in fact have come from a sasquatch. All that could be concluded is what species the hair did not appear to belong to. Conclusive identification depends on a match to a known sample of hair, i.e., an established standard. Without a confirmed sample of sasquatch hair, any hair truly originating from a sasquatch would necessarily languish in the indeterminate category. Such a standard is unlikely to be acknowledged until hair is pulled directly from a sasquatch body by a qualified analyst." Endquote

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

...lack of a comprehensive collection of hair samples from known species of animals with which to compare the strand in question.

Actually, I don't believe this means that it is a sasquatch or other unknown species. It just means that the lab could not match the DNA sequence in the strand to another similar sequence. This could be due to the quantity of samples of DNA from identified species. That's what is being suggested, I see no reason to believe otherwise.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by heffo7

Actually in the reports that I've read, typically the DNA has tested positive for human contamination. Or positive as possum, bison, etc.

Actually, I don't believe this means that it is a sasquatch or other unknown species. It just means that the lab could not match the DNA sequence in the strand to another similar sequence. This could be due to the quantity of samples of DNA from identified species. That's what is being suggested, I see no reason to believe otherwise.

It doesn't mean that it was possum or bison either.

Maybe you should just read the book. I don't think it's appropriate to quote the whole thing chapter and verse to illustrate Dr Meldrum's point. But his conclusion is that genuine or strongly suspected sasquatch hair can not currently be classified as such, but other species CAN be ruled out.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
DONT KILL BIGFOOT!!!
You guys think about it, It is cool to try to prove bigfoot's existence, But wouldnt it be kinda weird if we captured or killed him or it, after you have seen it or whatever bigfoot wouldnt be up imagination, get what im saying. Once you know, the mystery will be gone. Im not saying it wouldnt be cool to prove bigfoot's exsistence, because that what alot of us here are about, but the mystery and the imagination of it all would be gone.
And PS I DO believe in bigfoot!

[edit on 22-10-2009 by GhostlyBigfoot]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KFISHCC

Hunting Sasquatch, or bigfoot if you prefer, is at present seemingly a fruitless endeavor. Why? Couldn't tell you for certain. Any number of factors probably play a roll.

I have to say though, given the effect my sighting had on me, it may have something to do with a supernatural aspect, or at the least, superhuman. In the time since my sighting, I've come more and more, to the conclusion that he let me see him. Don't know that for fact, of course...it's just a feeling.

A word of warning...

The native americans will tell you this about Sasquatch... He is not evil, but he is very, very dangerous. In your search, take that into account, or you might get more bigfoot than you bargained for...

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I agree with SG completely. My intentions with this thread was to encourage the documentation of a creature that most say does not exist. I would suggest anyone actively searching out a creature of this stature would use extreme caution in the manor in which they do so. It would stand to reason that the big guy could do some major damage to anyone that pushed him into a situation to do so. It is my personal belief that this creature is curious in us but that could quickly turn to aggression if pursued in a manor other than with respect. In all documented encounters with bigfoot in which violence occurred happened after we (humans) attempted to kill or injure it. Remember this is a wild animal that is capable of not only intelligent thought but a physical stature and fitness that we cannot compete with. Remember they have home field advantage and unlike deer, bear, moose or any other commonly hunted animal are intellectually advanced. I would be willing to say as intelligent or even more so than we are. Remember it is us trying to prove they are there not them trying to prove they are not. If that were the case they have already won.

In response to the supernatural aspect, all encounters with bigfoot in which eyes met are explained to of been "other worldly". As if the creature controlled the encounter with its "abilities". I do not believe that chance face to face encounters happen very often. I do believe that when the creature senses pure intentions then he allows you to see him. If your intent is harm or could lead to the harm of their existence then you will not find any proof other than threatening behavior such as rock throwing and wood banging. It is a belief of many that wood banging is used to gather, I believe that it could be used as a warning. If you did not want anyone to know that you are there, you know that making noise will draw the attention of those that may be to close for comfort than banging on something could signal others to move away from that sound in order to avoid detection and keep the intruders looking in the wrong direction as others move away. Just a thought. These are very capable creatures in many ways that we may never understand.

As for the warnings of the Native Americans. The Native American people existed in harmony with all creatures, of the land and off the land. I would take their warnings on any animal to heart. To me they are warning that while bigfoot means no harm to anyone they are still dangerous. Any animal when cornered or threatened will fight!! I would not at any moment believe myself more capable then them when in their environment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join