It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thread that ends all BS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I must write here, now, from my cold heart. What happened to our ATS? I spent months searching through endless articles, meanderings, ridiculous theories and countless exaggerations( and Hoaxes) before I ever joined this community. I was absolved to ferret out the inaccurate and sometimes dishonesty that accumulated within said circle while attempting to organize some modicum of respect for the people here who tried to give us the truth(for whatever that may mean).
I have been a member of this forum for almost 3 years now and I find the rhetoric and absolute BS that inundates this site to be wholly disturbing and somewhat sophomoric. I realize that not all of us are educated(or simply educated enough) to be grammatically correct(try spell check once in a while) or even methodical in our interpretations to be seemingly accurate in our responses, but come on! You do not have to have a high school equivalency to state your point without the need to exaggerate or even stretch the point past relevancy!
I ask now that everyone who is a member of this decidedly courageous site to make your points relevant without the unnecessary hype and exaggeration that brings the lesser intellect into play. I ask that the patriots and future thinkers to open your minds past page 3 and give something worthwhile in you posts and extended thoughts.
Is it so much to ask for that we all try a little harder to be accurate and intelligent in our posts and replies? Is it too much to consider the relevance of a comment before you make it? Once again I write from my cold heart and ask(no I beg) that future posts have some semblance of interest and thought put into them before you pledge yourself to a specific principle. Is this too much to ask from this prestigious accumulation of sincere minds?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
personally i could care less how a person writes, how intelligent they are, what race, religion, physical deformity, ect ect.

and even if the creditability of what they say is near zero. everyone has a point to make, from within them, and it deserves to be heard

Once we as humans realize nobody is better then anyone else, no matter how smart, strong or successful you are, it doesn't mean anything.

EGO and Elitisits are the real problem in this world. When pride becomes an unwanted trait, the world will be at peace

IMO

[edit on 26-9-2009 by sticky]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Welcome to the world of online forums.

You have to take the good with the bad.. else you are discriminating even the most feeble mind that you are in the long run "watching out" for.

The comment of grammar on the net is moot... one does not have to spell correctly to get a point across. If you are too busy worrying about spell checking, you end up looking past the bigger picture.. which is people feeling free to express their own opinions.

Opinions and beliefs is what makes this site the powerhouse it has become.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hey, ....NO B . S?
......no ATS.!
truth,is where YOU find it...
..under a cow pat.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
A free marketplace of ideas. If it bothers you that much start your own website, And I thought I was this sites biggest pedantic snob. I was wrong.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

I must disagree! It is the search for truth, the undiluted rationality of defining ignorance and thereby denying it that drives this site( or did you all miss that in the fine print?) This site has become a cacophony of ridiculous illusions and irrelevant banter! If you asked any of the old school idealists who started this forum, you would, most likely, find a contingent of hard core theorists who were after truths!
Once again I ask, Is there any rationality for BS???

PS NO absolutely No stars or flags for this post, Please!!

[edit on 26-9-2009 by redbarron626]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

how can you hope to say that you are the biggest pedantic snob when you have been a member for all of 2 weeks? this is exactly what I am talking about!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626

how can you hope to say that you are the biggest pedantic snob when you have been a member for all of 2 weeks? this is exactly what I am talking about!

The amount of time someone has been activated on this site, in no way reveals the amount of time they have lurked before.

I have been perusing here since 2005, a good 2 years before feeling the need to throw my hat into the ring.

I get a vibe of holier than thou from you.. and there is nothing wrong with that... but don't expect everyone to agree with that attitude.

This is more of a rant post that does not even fit into the category you selected it for.. in essence you have become that which you are against by throwing "irrelevant banter" into a subject group that does not apply.

See how that works?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

IT's a joke dude. I guess in order to be on ATS one nust be both humorless and self righteous. The inability to laugh at oneself should really be considered a symptom of serious mental illness. In which case all of us would be considered certifiable. Sometimes the "good old days" weren't really as good as we remember them. 95% of everything is crap. I don't mind searching for the wheat in the chaff.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

aha!! a NEW friend! someone who can see through the ridiculousness and still have a sense of participation! i humbly offer my hand to you and hope that you realize it is the constant bombardment of triviality and not the "content"of the thought that counts. If I offended you (or anyone for that matter) my apologies.
I was just reading through some threads and wondered if anyone noticed the irrelevant nature of many posts to this site? Is it just me or is there an acceleration in the mundanity of the objective subconscious?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I wholeheartedly agree.

While, in theory, spelling and punctution mistakes (etc) should not matter, they detract from the seriousness and intelligence of the post(er) and tends to throw a question mark over the whole post/thread.

Unfortunately, subjects such as those discussed on A.T.S. attract all sorts and everyone, educated or otherwise, has a right to throw in their $.02 and it's up to us to sort through the B.S..

I would love A.T.S. to be a place for intelligent discssions only but if we start excluding those less educated or intelligent we become the very thing we are against i.e. the PTB

To put it another way, wadda ya f'''in do..............

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
You leave me no choice with the above tirade. Your grammar, your vocabulary, and your typing skills are out the window, my friend. You have no room to talk and no right to point fingers. But you know what is the most telling about that absurd post? Your "patriots" comment. You opened your mouth and removed all doubt.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I think you will have to find another more elitist forum.

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626

i humbly offer my hand to you and hope that you realize it is the constant bombardment of triviality and not the "content"of the thought that counts.

I find it hard to believe you would do anything "humbly".

You also forgot to capitalize the "i".

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Writing from my warm heart, I say, ...........well, I have a different attitude than the OP. I welcome the supposed BS. One person's BS is another person's appetizer. And another person's full course meal just might seem like some BS to me and I would rather place it in my garden. Just saying............

I have noticed that some folks get quite upset when another poster doesn't link a reference. For me, that is an invite to a full course meal. I search, using google (my friend) or Bing, and learn a hell of a lot more from my searches.

Oh, well, I just enjoy all ATS has to offer me, and I don't get all wee weed up over things.
Especially in August or September. However, in November I have a tendancy to get poo pooed up, but that is just my personal problem and I get over it.

Hey, OP, just messing with you. mmmmmmmmmmmkay?

That's what I do. i don't know why I do it, I just doooooooo it.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Actually I like reading the posts that include humor. When I come here after working a serious job all day it's nice to find the funnies among all the conspiracies. I come here to relax with like-minded people and others not so like-minded. It's fun to snicker every now and then.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

If you are looking for ATS as anything more than light entertainment then you are going to be very disappointed.

ATS is nothing more than cyber TV. If you want relevance; read a book.

edit to add.....

Here you will find some of the brightest, funny, sweetist most wonderful people in the world; And some that are a "real piece of work" just like in any community.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The truth to enjoying ATS is simple...

Take nothing seriously and have fun.

I've been around a few years too and the only reson I visit now is to have a laugh.

Nothing amazing from ATS will ever change the world, that's not what it's for.

lol

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
ATS is perfection.
Just bring your own shovel and add salt.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I disagree. I've been seeing an increase in the quality posts here. I guess I'm looking for other threads and I've been in other forums where good threads are consistently being made. So I guess that's just me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join