It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you even know your rights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This quote is from a Senate Subcommittee on Terrorism in 1995.
The video can be found here: (skip to 18:18)

Google Video Link

The federal government itself is the child of the armed citizen, we the people are the parent of the child we call government. You senators are part of the child that we the people gave life to. The increasing ammount of federal encroachment into our lives indicates the need for parental corrective action. In short the federal government needs a good spanking to make it behave. One other important point needs to be made, since the constitution is the limiting document upon the government, the government cannot become greater than the granting power. That is, the searvant cannot become greater than it's master. Therefore should the chief executive or other branch of government, or all branches together act to suspend the constitution under a rule of martial law, all power granted to government would be cancelled and defer back to the granting power, that is the people. Martial law shall not be possible in this country as long as the people recognize the bill of rights as inalienable. - American Militia Commander Norman Olson

The government gets it's power from our willingness to allow it to govern us. If they ever impliment martial law all power granted to government would be cancelled and defer back to the granting power, that is us.
They do not own us, they are our servants, and if they overstep the power we have given them, The Declaration of Independence clearly states that it is our right and duty to overthrow them.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

This government was formed when ordinary citizens decided that the tyranny of the crown was too heavy of a burden for them to bear. Today our government has become something larger, more currupt, vile, greedy, and evil than anything the crown could have ever dreamed of becoming. We have inalienable rights that can not be taken away, and in fact can not even be given away by us. And look at what is going on today.

So this all leaves one important unanswered question:
How much of this crap are we going to take before we put the government and the police in their place, and show them who the authority figure in this dysfunctional family really is?

Don't just go watch dancing with the stars, this is your country too damnit and people have died so that you could eat those cheetos in comfort.
Go educate yourself with the Declaration of Independence , The Bill of Rights, The United States Constitution, The Insurrection Act, The Posse Comitatus Act.
These are your best weapons, they are the ones they can't take away from you.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."-Mark Twain

I know my rights as outlined all around me by creation. They are outlined all around in Nature for all to see.

I am hated, and scorned by most, as many others, but the tides are changing

S&F

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The government ostensibly gets its power from the largest land and property owners, the chief and principal owners of the infrastructure, and the bankers and creditors who hold title and deed to other major portions of the land.

“We the people” is a myth in my humble opinion. The Articles of Confederation were ripped up in large part to guarantee foreign owners and creditors a certain and continual return on their investment via the Constitution that they instructed the founders to write. All this is clearly outlined in the Treaty of Paris that ended the Revolutionary War and then reiterated in the Treaty of Ghent that ended the War of 1812.

To provide you an example, most of the railroads are owned by a handful of corporations under the umbrella of one corporation. Computers all used one of two operating systems. The principal owners of Citibank, Chase, Bank of America, Morgan are once again just a handful of people. Most of the undeveloped land is owned by a handful of people, both foreign and domestic. Most of the durable goods (Wal-Mart, Target) consolidated in just a few hands. Most of the farms are now consolidated into Agro-Corporations owned by a few hands.

While many people have common stock in corporations, most of the preferred stock is actually held in just a few hands. While many people have deeds to their homes (actually a relatively small percentage of the people) the banks not only most of the homes, but most of the mineral rights (the actual land) is owned once again by just a few hands.

Ultimately the citizens in fact own nothing, except the responsibility and obligation to pay taxes on what they ‘own’ or earn, or risk forfeiture and imprisonment.

The government does not get its power from the people and only did for a very brief period between 1776 to 1782 and then again briefly right before the War of 1812. Even during those times, it required continuous war or rebellion against the true owners of the land and the creditors.

The government actually get’s it power to govern from the English Crown and they get their power to govern from Rome. All roads lead to Rome.

While I applaud the notion that the people should be able to govern themselves in a far more sensible and humane way, large chunks of the United States have always been owned, thus controlled by foreign owners including and chiefly the English Monarchy and the Roman Papacy.

What they do not own is owned by a few oligarchs that are aligned with the above mentioned and similarly beholden to and partnered with the above mentioned.

Even should the people find the good sense and the courage to change the form and manner of which we are governed by, internationally there will be people who have lawful title in International Courts to not only a good deal of what we imagine we own and is ours the people’s but is in reality theirs, but we the people will owe a staggering debt to foreign powers that likewise will want it paid or compensated in some other way and we the people have no gold or silver to buy our freedom of these entanglements but merely worthless paper money attached to nothing which will be of no value to our creditors and the people who own the real wealth which is the land and the people living and forced to labor on it and service it.

The revolution as noble as it will be will only lead to more war, which is what the founders found out when they arrived in Paris in 1782. Pay us or obey us, or face more war, endless war. The proof is in the Treaty of Paris, the Treaty of Ghent and the fact that the Articles of Confederation were ripped up and a Constitution written to protect the owners and creditors per the instructions outlined in the Treaty of Paris dictated by the European Powers to the founders.

Romance and History mix well together for movies, books, and dreams, but mix poorly in Courts of Law and in Banks and Title Offices.

Just saying!

Know your enemy and what all is really involved if you want to win a battle let alone a war.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Even should the people find the good sense and the courage to change the form and manner of which we are governed by, internationally there will be people who have lawful title in International Courts to not only a good deal of what we imagine we own and is ours the people’s but is in reality theirs, but we the people will owe a staggering debt to foreign powers that likewise will want it paid or compensated in some other way and we the people have no gold or silver to buy our freedom of these entanglements but merely worthless paper money attached to nothing which will be of no value to our creditors and the people who own the real wealth which is the land and the people living and forced to labor on it and service it.

If I were to falsify a deed to your land, and then sell that land to someone else, who really owns it?

The government has outstepped it's authority time and time again, it's masters have been asleep for far too long. I don't care if the family servant conned someone into thinking that it had the right to sell off huge chunks of our country.

As a matter of fact all of that worthless paper they have been circulating gathering debt for us isn't our responsibility either. We're just the stupid lowly peasants of America, if the bankers and tycoons and all of these supposedly smart and elite people weren't smart enough to see that a corrupt highjacked government had delegated it's responsibility to a corrupt private institution that was illegally bankrupting our country, that's not my fault.

We're just the stupid peasants of America, and if we're smart enough to recognize what's going on shouldn't they? Any agreements entered into with this government by any other government or corporation should be null and void once we take this country back. We can not be held responsible for a highjacked out of control government running amuck throughout the world.

Every bank, every foreign investor, every nation who was lending us money knew more about what was really going on than the average American did. Anyone who knowingly cooperated with a crooked governments failed policies, in an attempt to hold debts on us when the house of cards collapsed is a snake and can take their bill and shove it.

When the dust settles we're still America, some foreign country sends us a bill that will force our grandchildren to be serfs to pay, we will simply tell them to shove it.

Stop thinking like a piece of property.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I quote Lenin( or was it Stalin, or was it Hitler???) Absolute power comes from the barrel of a gun! If you believe different, wiki history of WAR! foolish Earthlings, Who is going to save you now?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I am just cautioning you in the fact that most of it was foreign owned from the very beginning. In other words friend the Revolutionary War would have defrauded the original European owners, title holders and lenders.

It's always been leveraged.

All I am suggesting is all of those foreign interests have armies!

They also are the only potential international trade partners.

Declare their contracts null and void they won't trade with Ameirca moving forward. America would have to be entirely self sufficient over night...do you really see that happening?

Declare their contracts null and void and refuse to negotiate some settlement you can also expect military reprisal.

What I am trying to illustrate to you is why the first Revolution really did not accomplish the lie that the history books have told you it did.

Why we are in this position today in fact, and have more or less always been in this position.

What I am trying to illustrate to you is not meant to defeat or disuade you but to caution you to think in much broader terms because any succesfull revolution will have to either consider and plan for actually paying the international investors off so the new government can continue to trade internationally or is going to have to consider a military solution on how to keep creditor nations from attacking us, and do understand at the same time the wealth of foreign goods that supplies us at every logistical level of society will not be flowing.

Angry defiance won't be suffecient substitute for a real workable plan to deal with those very real eventualities.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I could be wrong about this, but I honestly believe what would happen is this. (If the people took this country back) You would have a certain few countries trying to collect on those debts like China for example, I also believe that you would have countless other countries willing to write them off.

Why would they possibly give up this chance to collect all that money?
This was once the greatest nation in history. We were quite literally a beacon of hope to abused, neglected people around the world. We were invaded from within and began to rot and have become the largest open sore on the face of the earth. Hope is dead. There is no beacon, it was torn down and sold to the highest bidder.

If you had two choices layed out before you, and you were not just a greedy dictator, which would you choose.

To call every debt knowing damn well that we were more of a victim in this than they were, in effect enslaving generations of Americans. Breaking the pride of three hundred million people and causing them to have a deep rooted hate for your nation that will last for untold generations to come. Not to mention what other nations would think of you for doing this, everyone knows this is not really our debt.

Or would you declare the debt gone, in the hope that we could get back on our feet with a little help and become what we were always meant to become, and were for a time. The greatest nation ever seen, a beacon of hope, a sanctuary for the persecuted, a haven for free religion and free thought and free speech.

There was a time that we went to war to help protect the world from people who did the very things we are doing now. We have lost our way. If you had the power to help an entire nation of people, who had just thrown off the bonds of the largest and most evil government mankind has ever recorded, to be the example other nations measure themselves by again... Wouldn't you?

Although this is all a sidetrack from the OP.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

We owe China paper friend. We owe England and Rome gold. We didn't fight those wars because we wanted to friend. We fought them because our Masters in Rome and London bade us too.

It is Rome and London that will not let us off the hook, we have always been on their hook, though few people are aware of it.

The Statue of Liberty is in reality a Military Recruiting Sign, and we were set up to draw off all the destabilizing influences from other parts of the Holy Roman Empire and then to put them in uniform by the millions if necessary when needed to fight the European Oligarchs wars which drive migrations, eliminate excess humanity and keep an orderly little world and kingdom for them.

They weren't interested in foregiving us our debts in 1782 and they sure aren't coing to be interested in foregiving them 2012.

The revolution for rights will have to be world wide to break their system.

London and Rome control every Central Bank in the world.

The United States has never had true freedom, just a very carefully crafted and elaborate illusion of being free.

They can build us up when they want and tear us back down when they want and most people don't even have a clue as to who is doing the building up or tearing down when, how or why.

Smoke and mirrors friend, smoke and mirrors.

You want freedom, so do I, but there are far more things that have to be overcome than most people consider or imagine that stand in our way of real freedom.

Food for thought.

I didn't mean to derail your thread, it was originally "Who gave the goverment it's power".

It wasn't the people it was Rome and London and the Holy Roman Empire, its all in the treaties friend, those are the the binding contracts in International Courts not the Constitution.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

It is helpful to read the entire post before replying.
Inalienable Rights
They may have you fooled into thinking that you are their serf, but I know that I am not, and I will die before that changes.

I don't owe them anything, and if they think I do I guess it really sucks to be them. They should have made better business deals. Their outstanding debts have nothing to do with me.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican

It is helpful to read the entire post before replying.
Inalienable Rights
They may have you fooled into thinking that you are their serf, but I know that I am not, and I will die before that changes.

I don't owe them anything, and if they think I do I guess it really sucks to be them. They should have made better business deals. Their outstanding debts have nothing to do with me.

Once again friend, I am advising you on the reality of contractual obligations.

You and I both live in a might makes right world.

In war you had better know your enemy and what they are after.

You are sadly mistaken if you think I think like a piece of property.

Fail to anticipate the true battles you will have to fight and develop working and workable strategies for them at your own risk.

I have always been free, I am a Pirate!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Feel free to start another thread and take a poll if you think me to be so completely wrong about this.

Any "contractual obligations" pre-dating the time we (hypothetically in this conversation of course) take this country back, will not apply to us for one simple reason that seems to be escaping you.
Your talking about the virtual enslavement of our entire country for generations to pay off this debt. You're going to watch your children and grandchildren become the endentured serf workers of another nation? While you're the real victim in this situation and they damn well know it?

I'm betting that faced with their grandchildrens future, 300 MILLION American citizens will probably give a response similar to this.

If they come looking for blood, sweat, and tears, I'm sure we will be glad to show them the hole they can find lots of at the bottom.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the declaration of independence does not have the force of law. If the declaration were ratified and made the law of the land, things might be a lot different in this country. (Particularly the "Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness" part.)

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Hey buddy. There are 300+ million Americans in this country. Some lame Holy Roman Empire is gonna need a helluva lot more firepower, and willpower for that matter, to even stand a chance against millions of angry citizens in the event of a revolution. Here's how such a retarded event would play out.
Holy Roman Empire: "Hey, you owe us 'X amount of gold'."
American Citizens: "We don't have it to pay."
HRE: "Then we are gonna enslave you until you pay the debt."
AC: "ORLY? You think so? Bring it on."
AC cocks weapons and aims at HRE's head.

Sure, if they are stupid enough to try and force us into slavery, there will be great loss to our side, too. But they cannot win. We are Americans.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

Really now, if they can't win...how come they already won?

Reach in your wallet, check it's contents to see if Rome has left you anything to begin with.

See if you are fortunate enough to have a One Dollar Bill. Fish it out, look at that back, notice the Eye staring at you from the top of the Pyramid, read the inscription around it, note that it is in Latin the tongue of Rome, note it's boastful refrain "We have succeeded in our endeavor - New World Order" then look at the word's In God We Trust and know that it is in Rome's God that they gave you that you trust in.

Then as always keep paying your taxes every April 15th to Rome's Corporate Government.

Think you can beat Rome? You best figure out who and what Rome is and understand you are already enslaved and ruled by it.

Rome is on your Money, Rome is in the edifices of your public buildings and halls of power, Rome is in your laws, Rome is in your Religion, must Caesar take up residence at your house for you to take proper note of everything that has always surrounded you?

Rome commands Billions of people, Billions trumps millions on any calculator.

Now thine enemy, do you?

[edit on 26/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

[edit on 26/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

top topics

join