It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Mustaine from Megadeth appears on Alex Jones - talking NWO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Dave Mustaine from Megadeth appeared on Alex Jones.

Dave's promoting the new album: Endgame.

There's been an increasing conspiracy theme in their last few albums...

The System Has Failed
United Abominations
Endgame

The lyrics to the song Endgame talk about waking up inside a FEMA box, etc. Similarly, Dave's interview with Alex touches on the basic NWO conspiracy ideas.

Click here to listen to the interview.

Buy the CD, it's good. This is the endgame!

[edit on 25-9-2009 by tezzajw]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Ok, so we have an avant garde singer of a second rate metal band discussing NWO?? Am i missing the point or is this totally irrelevant?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Totally irrelevant. Of course, who better to discuss and promote Alex Jones NWO conspiracy theories than a shiftless sellout still miffed about getting booted/leaving Metallica who decided to go pop-metal for the radio peoples and their money. Sucked ass all the to a decent record contract from fat cat musical industry types who think suing file sharers for ludicrous disproportionate sums will "scare them into not pirating".

And what do you mean recently? Good god, did you even listen to their early stuff? They've always been on the conspiracy schtick. Check out their Hangar 18 or Peace Sells videos.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I see we have some Metalica fans here.

Megadeth has always and will always be awesome and Dave has always kept it real and told it like it is. You can hate on them all you want but the truth is the truth and Megadeth is pure, kick to the head, metal. They're touring with Slayer, what more proof do you need? What is Metalica doing right now? Certainly not trying to inform the masses, they're probably at the mall trying on sweaters.

Is there a connection between the album title and Jones' last film?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Megadeth's Music, lyrics and album covers have always been there to help raise an awareness to the NWO and what is really going on around us.

This is their recent album cover

img.imeem.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic
Totally irrelevant. Of course, who better to discuss and promote Alex Jones NWO conspiracy theories than a shiftless sellout still miffed about getting booted/leaving Metallica who decided to go pop-metal for the radio peoples and their money. Sucked ass all the to a decent record contract from fat cat musical industry types who think suing file sharers for ludicrous disproportionate sums will "scare them into not pirating".

And what do you mean recently? Good god, did you even listen to their early stuff? They've always been on the conspiracy schtick. Check out their Hangar 18 or Peace Sells videos.

I am really confused here. Metallica sold out and started playing pop radio crap. Metallica sued file sharers and made sure everyone knew about it. Megadeth is still Megadeth, making music for music and not labels or profit. How is describing what a bunch of sellouts Mettalica became supposed to hurt Dave's credibility?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Megadeath is making some of the finest music they have ever made and Metallica is a bunch of rich whiners whose music, in all truth, sucks. Plain and simple. Metallica has sucked since the Black Album - 1991.

Anyway, props to MegaDave for getting the word out there. I will buy this. I haven't bought any Metallica since that lousy Black album and those donkeys will never, ever get another penny from me. Go watch "Some Kind Of Monster" and see what a bunch of retarded whiners they are. Lars just doesn't have enough money, he had to sue Napster and ruin a good thing for all of us and he cried when his multi-million dollar paintings were sold, for multi-millions.

Why is it so bad if MegaDave talks about the NWO? Why are you guys whining about him ranting on AJ's show? AJ is largely irrelevant, so all your whining is just making waves where there should be none. Good on you, guys, any publicity is better than none!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

I see we have some Metalica fans here.

If listening to Iron Horse is considered being a Metallica fan, then... ok... I guess.

I didn't make that comment as a promotion of Metallica, but as a dig against Mustane. He was bitter about it early on, because Metallica dumped him early. But the reason WHY they dumped him was because he was an intolerable jackass. Why do you think Elfman was the only one to stay around for each album? After Rust in Peace he took "Therapy" with his band and learned how to get along nice.

And yeah... wouldn't you know... soon as Metallica hits it's big by selling out, Mustane and Megadeth were right on his tail. Even if they weren't "inspired" by Metallica to do it... they would have sold out anyhow.

Which... you know... more power to them. They're entitled to make their money. But I'm not obligated to like their new radio crap. But when I bought MegaDeth, I expected shred songs like Polaris. Not "Almost Honest" or "Use the Man".

You can hate on them all you want but the truth is the truth and Megadeth is pure, kick to the head, metal.

Maybe they're going back to it if they can't get played on the radio anymore. Either way, I don't care. I've washed my hands of them, and I'm not even into that kind of music anymore.

They're touring with Slayer, what more proof do you need?

I saw Snoop Dog when he toured with Keller & the Keels for couple shows. Not proof of anything to me. But I'm not into Slayer either so... meh.

What is Metalica doing right now?

Don't know, don't care.

Certainly not trying to inform the masses

Mustane is making money. If you think otherwise, you're sadly mistaken. The masses don't listen to MegaDeth. MegaDeth's fans already know the schtick. Again, it sounds to me more like a ploy to kiss ass to the original fans who abandoned them. I bet they even brought Vic Rattlehead back.

Sides, why would I care what Dave has to say about it? He's a musician. Might as well be Michael Jackson in his place, if he weren't dead, for all I care. I value criminal incitements and peer-review literature more than faded-celebrities in these matters.

Is there a connection between the album title and Jones' last film?

Yup, there is a connection. I wouldn't purchase either one of em.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

They do not play Megadeth on the radio here and if they did, I am still unsure which songs would be the "pop" songs. When exactly did they sell out? I must have missed all this. Of course Mustane is an ass but he has something to say. He was on politically incorrect a few times back when it was still on Comedy Central and whether you agreed with him or not, he was compelling in the knowledge he did highlight, by having it or the lack of.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

And what do you mean recently?

Did you conveniently leave out the word 'increasing' (from my post) to make a false point?

They haven't always done conspiracy themes. Youthanasia, Cryptic Writings, Risk and The World Needs A Hero weren't exactly conspiracy staple albums, that's where they drifted a little in their mid-career 1990's era...

Check out their Hangar 18 or Peace Sells videos.

I'll give you a hint - I've followed them from around 1987. I think I know their stuff.

Megadeth's last three albums show a definite agenda towards mainstream NWO topics. Dave says as much himself in the Alex Jones appearance.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Did you conveniently leave out the word 'increasing' (from my post) to make a false point?

It wasn't intentional. The conspiracy theme in their older works was so strong, I must have made the false assumption that anyone familiar with them from at least their Peace Sells album on would have noticed a return to previous strong theme of conspiracy inspired artwork and tracks. I must have taken the word "increasing" as an indication of lack of familiarity prior to their soft-metal radio stint.

Youthanasia, Cryptic Writings, Risk and The World Needs A Hero weren't exactly conspiracy staple albums

Right. I understand that. It's part of the of whole "sell out" problem I had with them and why I quit listening to them after Youthenasia. Though I did get Hidden Treasures for Angry Again.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Maybe you should start listening to them again.

I'd probably throw is The World Needs A Hero as a turning point to better times. They kicked back in a good way with The System Has Failed. It's got the perfect NWO album cover, featuring the main arseholes of recent times all trying to deal with the devil.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Actually, Dave was mad at Metallica because they kicked him out when they started getting big off of the sound he was mostly responsible for. Notice how Metallica's early stuff sounds a lot like most of Megadeth's stuff. It's because they were stealing Dave's work for a long time and when they ran out of things to steal they started making slow, droning, repetitive, radio friendly, mall metal.

Metallica would never have the cajones to come out in public and say the kinds of things Dave says. Granted, he seems like an intense dude and I can see how some might have a problem with him personally but he's got conviction and integrity, two things which anger mushy, jello brained people who like derivative macho music.

Megadeth's sound is even better when you consider the fact that Dave is now clean (as far as I know), something which has been known to ruing past musicians.

As far as Dave's talent with the guitar I'd put him on the level of "Guitar God". Just watch a video, listen to the music, the guitar work is so complex it's amazing, definitely a hard band to learn to play. And he's not like Dragon Force, who can only play like that in studio. Megadeth is one of the best bands I've ever seen live, as memorable as a GWAR show!

Megadeth IS the soundtrack to the revolution! If they don't get your blood going then you don't have a pulse!!

If you've never heard anything by Megadeth I'd suggest anything that's not on Risk, (Hey, it was a risk lol) Some albums are more speed/thrash metal than others (which I love!)

Another good band would be Nuclear Assault, hardcore 80s speed metal with socially conscious subject matter. The video of them harassing suits on Wall Street is great!

new topics

top topics

join