It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hugo Chavez hates free press.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Ya' know what? Take it or bloody leave it. Hate the guy, love the guy.

Truth, denying ignorance is just about the only thing we have left.

Some ####### gets air time because the leftist media loves him.

As far as I'm concerned, we get what we deserve.

And if it's someone like this weasel, then god help america.

-somewhat drunk, and sick of two-faced liberals-

[edit on 25-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
So funny he references Sean Penn....seriously LOL funny

I mean what else can you really say?

Feelin ya on the somewhat drunk my high yella friend

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Fox news helped America Invade Iraq among other things...

I agree with free press, but the trouble with the media is sometimes the media makes up lies or helps sell lies, especially when the media outlet is owned by an corporation or even the government to help propagandize an issue, or obfuscate a fact all together.

'Free press' was used against him and at one time (and still is), and in a case which was the most serious so far, almost put him in jail or had him killed (during the short lived coup against him.)

So, If I was him I'd have some beef with the media.

Overall I trust the man, he goes against the grain and against the global PTB's wishes, which is a bonus in my book.

But he's fighting an hearts and minds campaign against him by the US, among other countries.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

Starrin' just on that my caucasian brother!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

-sigh-

Fox News had nothing to do with Chavez destroying free press in his country. Chavez hates Fox because it represents the TRUTH about his nefarious games.

The light of truth/honesty can't hide the shame of deceit and shame.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
How many fox news viewers does it take to change a light bulb?

Zero. They would rather sit in the dark.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

How may Fox news viewers does it take to change a light bulb?

None.. They aren't afraid of the dark.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Because fox news viewers embrace ignorance?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I cannot blame Chavez. The man has some "weight" driving him. The reporter should have given him some courtesy, or a little more respect for a World leader. There are sneaking suspicions that he speaks English very well; as do many of the World leaders.

The questions asked were geared in a deviant nature. Not asking for any positive remarks, but picking straws as to a man's choice in allies, or even friends.

I think Chavez spun it right back at the reporter with the correct view point. What about all the dead on the hands of American leaders? Ahmadinejad doesn't come anywhere near the numbers of US, or Israeli leaders.

Iraq can be categorized as necessary; with a long stretch, but the USA did create the Banana Republics in Latin America. Chavez touched upon that in his response to the reporter.

The term Banana Republics came about when the US on behalf of Chiquita Banana, and United Fruit Company among a few others were gaining negative press in the countries of Latin America. They were basically getting kicked out. So, on behalf of the almighty fruit companies the CIA stepped in outing the governments, and placing ruthless genocidal dictators.....more, or less...........hence the meaning behind the meaningless T-shirts so popular in the States;"Banana Republic".

Chavez may not have outed the Fox Reporter to the Monolingual US Public, but to many many People in the World that are multilingual what he did is out a fascist.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hahaha..I speak Spanish and i understood 100 percent what he said..

..and i totally agree with him...

Chavez 1 - Fox News 0

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

im starting to like chavez more and more...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Yea whats not to like about Chavez... He has silenced anyone who might disagree with him, hates America and had the gall to ask the US to help restore the ousted Honduran president despite all his rhetoric about how the US interferes to much in Latin American affairs. The left seems to so love a dictator

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

He doesn't hate America, he hated Bush...When Clinton was in office they were close and then Bush messed it all up.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SonsOfAnarchy

Well yea Obama is more like him. There is a serious problem when on hand you piss and moan about American imperialism then ask for military aid to restore a ousted leader from your area... BS I call it

top topics

join