It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesting Must-Have (Countering sound-wave weapons)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
With the current state of the world, protests may be anything from peaceful, to rioting in the streets, to who knows what else??

I just wanted to start a list of things that may be helpful for you at protests. This is NOT a list of things to bring to re-act, or fight against any forces that may be at work, this is just plainly a list of things that could PROTECT and HELP you if certain situations may arise.

As of Sept. 25, 2009, many of us here are aware of "Sound Wave" technology, Also known as Sound Weapons, and the first thing I thought about to counter-act the pain they may cause against you are a good pair of sound suppressing ear muffs.

Now, we are all aware of the use of tear-gas to control large crowds of people, so if you are going to a protest, please do not forget to bring something to counter-act this not-so-friendly way of silencing the protesters.

Also, so may like to bring something to protect their eyes, BUT the MOST important thing that you may EVER bring to a protest is a video camera/picture camera (ofcourse, video wins by a long shot) because you NEVER know what could happen.

If anyone else has anything to add to the list, ill be glad to edit.

Stay Strong! STAY UNITED!

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Codazzle]

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Codazzle]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I would say a dish.

It is all sound based wave weaponry right...? One satellite dish placed in front of your face... would stop the waves and redirect them... Aim it where you like...

Maybe...

We need a sound wave technician to chime in but I think I am right.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

From the research I have done on these weapons, none of those suggestions would work. From what I have read, the sound is loud enough to make your bones and teeth ache.

A solution would be to find something that absorbs sound, but I am not sure what that might be. I suppose ear protection would help a bit, though. Let's hope they don't bring out the microwave crowd dispertion devices, though.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Unless you are going to encase yourself head to toe in half an inch of dynamat, like a little armadillo, then yeah you have no hope, earmuffs are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by quackers]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

That's a good point. You can't reflect a bullet -- but you can certainly reflect a sound wave (or at least part of it).

The most interesting part of your suggestion, is that it turns a defensive tool into a counter-offensive one.

How f'in funny would it be to reflect the sound waves back at the riot police?

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Not one to toot my own horn.

Defeating LRAD

(toot)

Seriously though, if you make an active attempt to use something to negate the LRAD, you will be automatically advanced on the threat meter. They will use more force.

Industrial ear muffs, ear plugs and noise-cancelling earphones might all afford you a little protection, but they might also limit your ability to hear or interpret life-affecting audible information. Not recommended.

What's needed is some small EMP grenades and some really fast legs. Of course, it's really 'ON' then, ya know.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Not one to toot my own horn.

Defeating LRAD

(toot)

You toot well.

What's needed is some small EMP grenades and some really fast legs. Of course, it's really 'ON' then, ya know.

Oy, I would *love* to get ahold of some EMP grenades... I would make a launcher and mount it to my car to stop the idiots who weave in and out of stop and go traffic at 80 MPH.

If one throws them right, they could be used rather obscurely in a protest, though.. Good idea, if they exist..

top topics

join