It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Indoctrinated into Worshipping the President of the United States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Seriously, Indoctrination of children has been a major part of american education for years now. Maybe not so much emphasis on one person portraying the message but never the less. This is very common. They are just using a very well liked important figure to convey the message while he is still very well approved of. But, this is nothing new indoctrination is a major part of government run schools.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

Wow, what is your definition of conservative and what do you need to do to consider praying to someone instead of for someone?

My definition of conservative is very basic, and you can find the definition by clicking on the link. Moreover, anyone who actually watched the movie in its full context, something you obviously have yet to do but somehow suggest others do, would see the camp is a very conservative camp. Do you know their position on such things as abortion, school prayer, witchcraft/sorcery (they mention Harry Potter in the documentary) or homosexuality? In regards to praying to someone instead of praying for someone, she said to “pray in the spirit over him”, so any person with a reasonable mind can see they were praying for him not to him. Again, as before, the keyword here is reasonable.

They are sitting there praying to a cardboard cutout. They are not praying for the cutout. Read your bible again, there is a rule about that in there somewhere.

They were sitting there praying for the person. Yes they were touching it, and “speaking in the spirit”, but they used the cutout to represent the person. You have to look at the context, and anyone who watched the vid would know this.

You would have no problem if it was for all leaders but since it is not, you will defend it anyway? Watch the movie again.

I would have no problem if what was for all leaders? Prayer? Please clarify because I don’t fully understand your question and statement. As far as the movie, again, I have watched the entire documentary and there is no need to watch it again.

Kids speaking in tounges and praying to a cardboard cutout of the president. I think your understanding of religion is off if you think this is either conservative, not praying to a picture of a man, and just dandy!

You need to watch the entire documentary and you will see these people are very conservative in their doctrine and dogma. As previously asked. do you know their position on such things as abortion, school prayer, witchcraft/sorcery (they mention Harry Potter in the documentary) or homosexuality? All of these things are covered in the entire documentary and anyone who has watched the entire documentary, not a four-minute YouTube excerpt, will see these people are conservative.

No, you do not know what I was made to sing to or about or for Reagan, does it matter the content?

When you cite your personal experiences in hopes of proving a point it does matter.

I was a kid and was taught to respect, revere, look up to, and wish god's blessing upon the president no matter what party, race, or religion they were.

This is great, keep it up.

Reagan, Bush, and Bush all spoke to school kids and that was ok. Obama wants to and entire counties lose their minds with fear of what the president will teach their children. Many of those people are the same type that would send their kids to this camp. Obviously they believe that just hearing the president can warp a child's mind for life so what do you think getting them to pray to cardboard cutouts will do?

Again, they were praying for the man the cutout represents. In regards to the other things you mentioned of course they are backwards in their logic, and at times, appear to be hypocritical.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

They were sitting there praying for the person. Yes they were touching it, and “speaking in the spirit”, but they used the cutout to represent the person. You have to look at the context, and anyone who watched the vid would know this.

Did you watch this movie? They were praying TO the cardboard cutout. They spoke in tongues TO the cutout. Yes they used the cutout to represent the person, the person to bow your head and speak tongues to. Maybe it is religion you all do not understand.

Obviously it was an extremely Christian camp. Obviously people do not feel the need to read the threads they reply on. I have said before that first of all, I never mentioned Obama or that other incident so no need to accuse me of comparing. I was merely trying to point out he simple minded children are and how easily influenced. They will repeat and chant and sing and make up anything adults encourage them to. Nothing in that movie takes away from that point.

I really do not see the difference between these children and those children. They will all grow up and think for themselves someday and neither Bush nor Obama will be relevant anymore anyway.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

Did you watch this movie?

How many times do I have to type it? Yes, I watched the entire documentary. How do you think I knew about their stance on Harry Potter or abortion? Does the four-minute YouTube clip delve into such topics? No it doesn’t, so stop asking what has been addressed multiple times now. The question is, have you watched the entire documentary?

They were praying TO the cardboard cutout. They spoke in tongues TO the cutout. Yes they used the cutout to represent the person, the person to bow your head and speak tongues to.

You just admitted they used the cutout to represent the person, and no they weren’t praying to the cutout. They were praying to whatever “god” they were praying to and prayed for the person in question. Again, look at the context of how things were done, but you can’t because you didn’t see the entire documentary and don’t even know exactly how they led up to the portion of the prayer for Bush.

Maybe it is religion you all do not understand.

What do you mean by this? I understand religion, more specifically, their branch of evangelicalism.

Obviously it was an extremely Christian camp. Obviously people do not feel the need to read the threads they reply on. I have said before that first of all, I never mentioned Obama or that other incident so no need to accuse me of comparing.

It was an evangelical camp. Who has accused you of anything? I made no mention of you mentioning Obama, but if you read what I typed you’d see I said I agree with you about your take on Obama and how people are up in arms.

I was merely trying to point out he simple minded children are and how easily influenced. They will repeat and chant and sing and make up anything adults encourage them to. Nothing in that movie takes away from that point.

I never implied any of the above was not true. In regards to children and influence, in a previous post I twice said I agreed with you. Why are you mentioning it now as if I don’t agree with you?

I really do not see the difference between these children and those children. They will all grow up and think for themselves someday and neither Bush nor Obama will be relevant anymore anyway.

I’ve addressed this.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by EMPIRE]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join