It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Phage
Nothing would happen.
I don't understand the need to transmit signals using the ionosphere.
It seems satellite would be much easier.
Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
just a quick summery of what you views on the topic are?
I THE PRINCIPLE OF MENTALISM.
II THE PRINCIPLE OF CORRESPONDENCE
III THE PRINCIPLE OF VIBRATION.
IV THE PRINCIPLE OF POLARITY.
V THE PRINCIPLE OF RHYTHM.
VI THE PRINCIPLE OF CAUSE AND EFFECT.
VII THE PRINCIPLE OF GENDER.
Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Somamech
I believe Boeing maintains the facility nowadays.
It also appears to be quite dormant.
Boeing Defence Australia provides base operations and maintenance services to the Australian Department of Defence at the Harold E. Holt Naval Communications Station at Exmouth, Western Australia.
A thorough understanding of the site, developed during the delivery of these services for over a decade, has enabled Boeing Defence Australia to continually exceed site availability service requirements.
Boeing Defence Australia delivers the following capabilities through the Harold E. Holt Naval Communications Station:
* 24 hour-a-day seven days-a-week very low frequency communication links between Australian and US submarine fleets
* facilities and grounds maintenance
* emergency response services
* engineering data
* antenna maintenance
* logistics support.
The following are the fields related to atmospheric and ionospheric sciences, which are the best / top in Taiwan, even in Asia:
First Academic Institutes and Departments of their types to be established in Taiwan:
* Earth System Sciences / College of Earth Sciences
* Low Altitude Atmospheric and Meteorological Science / Department of Atmospheric Science
* High Altitude Atmospheric and Space Science / Graduate Institute of Space Science
* Remote Sensing / Center for Space and Remote Sensing Research
Top and Leading Researches:
* Atmospheric Physics and Meteorology
* Atmospheric and Meteorological Modeling / Numerical Weather Prediction
* Space-boned Observation of Atmosphere and Ionosphere
* Ground-based Radar Technology and Remote Sounding
* Low Latitude Ionospheric Tomographic Network
* GPS Radio Occultation Data Analysis and Its Application
* Ionospheric Measurements, Magnetoelectric Dynamics, and Modeling
* Remote Sensing Science and Technology
Top Equipment and Instrument
* Integrated Sounding System (ISS) and Weather Radar for teaching and research.
* Chung-LI VHF Radar, a MST ( Mesosphere-Stratosphere-Troposphere) radar with two sets of antenna array.
* Lulin Observatory: Taiwan’s highest observatory, includes atmospheric chemistry (background station,) air glow (ionospheric photochemistry interaction,) and astronomical observations.
* Ionosphere Observation Network.
* Space Plasma Simulation Chamber.
Overall, National Central University possesses the best conditions and resolute positions, to contribute all of the Science to our world with all sincerity.
Across air, land and sea, BAE Systems' team of more than 6,500 talented employees have Australia's defence needs covered. What's more, BAE Systems is a great place to work.
Of particular note is the work done by the BAE Systems Jindalee Over The Horizon Radar (JORN) teams in Alice Springs – the heart of Australia. The close knit Alice Springs based teams are responsible, in partnership with the JORN team in South Australia, for the ongoing operation, maintenance and development support for Radar 3 of the JORN Network located near Alice Springs. To meet the needs of our team in Harts Range, new opportunities have been created.
Located some 160km North East from Alice Springs, Harts Range offers a unique career and lifestyle opportunity. Employees enjoy generous wages, leave provisions and allowances and free company supplied housing and utilities along with company funded remote schooling and swimming pool/recreation facilities. Harts Range also offers a strong sense of community to those who call it home.
Not so far away, Alice Springs, with a population of more than 24,000 people, has a world-class teaching hospital, a first rate university, both private and public schools, shopping malls and extensive recreational facilities including cinemas, a golf course and a well equipped swimming pool complex. To learn more about Alice Springs, the heart of Australia visit: www.alicesprings.nt.gov.au...
Working on a rotating shift basis, under limited supervision, Technical Officers perform technical maintenance/repair activities associated with a variety of equipment including high power RF transmitters, digital receivers, waveform generators, communications equipment, computer systems, digital processing and systems control equipment, with fault diagnosis and investigation being a key focus of the role.
In more specific terms, the successful applicant will:
* Carry out transmitter site technical support for the radar transmitter and associated systems
* Ensure technical specifications are met via liaison with the responsible engineer
Perform bench and system level maintenance on electronic equipment used in the radar and associated test jigs
* Perform planned maintenance on the radar at all levels
* Accurately record radar faults in the database and interface with users to rectify faults
* Carry out rectification of deficiencies and defects within the site and assist in technical investigations for technical hardware issues
* Operate and perform operational level maintenance to all radar support and facilities equipment
* Relieve the Shift Supervisor if required