It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Butterflies at funerals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I attended a funeral yesterday of a close friend of my mums, and as the service was taking place in the church, a butterfly flew the church through and past us all.

Since that time i have learnt that this is the persons soul showing itself to everyone.

After relating the incident to my partner, it became apparent that 2 other funerals attended by friends also had sightings of a single butterfly near the coffin.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Greg

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Gregandgemma]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
When my sisters baby girl died there was a butterfly in my sisters hospital room a few hours after her daughter had died, my sister swore it was her daughter.

Four years later in august this year on santanna's birthday my sister walked into the bedroom to see a butterfly sat on her daughter's picture.

Pretty weird if you ask me but there is always coincidence, you never really know.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yeah,i have been to a funeral service with a butterfly event.
It was a Cobalt Blue, kinda like a Red Admiral but Blue.
The metaphor/implication is of transformational metamorphosis.
From physical to spiritual.
I always suspected the Vicar had an assistant ready to release it at the right moment.
But there is the possibility of spirits choosing that form to make the point.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This is just a coincidence.

I see butterflys all the time. The only event that might make me think the butterfly is "actually" my dead relatives soul is for me to be on the verge of a mental breakdown.

When you lose someone you love, I think you get really close to actually having a psychotic breakdown. Some people actually cross that line, and go temporarily insane. I think that's a reasonable reaction to the death of a loved one. However, it doesn't mean butterflys are the vassals of dead humans.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I don't think that butterflies are actually spirits of the dead, but it's possible that they are attracted to the spirits of the newly dead, and they come to investigate.

In this way, I suppose it's possible to tell if your loved one's spirit is with you by the presence of a butterfly.

[edit on 9/25/2009 by LiquidLight]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregandgemma

My butterfly experience -

I lost an Uncle that was very dear to me in June 2008 to cancer.

fast forward a few months, and I'm sitting on my back porch listening to my iPod on a Sunday...something I like to do that brings me peace.

I see a butterfly going from flower to flower and a song that reminds me of my Uncle comes on (I had my iPod on shuffle mode). I also noticed the butterfly came somewhat close to me and seemed to be out there for a really long time. I don't think much of it, but the thought of "maybe this is him" comes into my mind, but I kind of ignore it.

I go back inside, and get on the computer to see if there are any other butterfly experiences that people have had after they've lost someone. I find TONS of info about it, and I find out that many people recall the butterfly being a Monarch - which is the kind that was outside with me.

As I'm researching, I look to my left, where there is a window to my backyard, and a Monarch butterfly flies towards my window and HITS IT!!!!

it made my blood run cold.....

Who knows if that was my Uncle, but I just don't think that butterflies run into windows too often, especially when you're trying to figure out if spirits sometimes visit you in the form of a butterfly. Maybe the butterfly was trying to say "HELLO, it's me!"

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I knew a lady who said when she died she would come back as butterflies.
Her Wikipedia Link - Barb Tarbox

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
blah... that means that people who lives in my city don't have souls, they're nearly extinct right now around here...

back in topic, I've heard about this butterflies before, but i have never experienced it... maybe because i was too sad to notice them because I was so sad or extremely shocked (one of my best friends, suicide at 25 y.o., i was shocked to hell and back. the other one was my beloved g-granma...) both were on summer so even if they were on the place, it would be common (both in a park cemetery, parks still haves some)

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
Yeah,i have been to a funeral service with a butterfly event.
It was a Cobalt Blue, kinda like a Red Admiral but Blue.
The metaphor/implication is of transformational metamorphosis.
From physical to spiritual.
I always suspected the Vicar had an assistant ready to release it at the right moment.
But there is the possibility of spirits choosing that form to make the point.

I think you may be right, I've heard that there is info out there regarding what animal or bug sights refers to what meanings, such as what you said. Sometimes when I have a epiphany I see butterflies. =)

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Butterflies are metamorphosised caterpillars, they have nothing to do with the life or death of humans.

Funerals tend to be outside, so do butterflies.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If a rat ran across the floor, would that be the soul showing itself as well?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
If a rat ran across the floor, would that be the soul showing itself as well?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Well if you've read the above posts, it's not like they just randomly see a butterfly and think "OH MY LORD THATS MY UNCLE"..

I know what you're saying, but usually your sort of response is due to never having experienced something like this.
It's once you do, you believe.

Which is why I never believed in OOBEs until I had one myself..
It's why I never believed in precog senses until I started having them myself.

Just wait..

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by butch_uk

this butterfly was seen inside the church, not outside. Seems to be too many times to be coincidence?

top topics

join