It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defeating LRAD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
More information about LRAD and a way to defeat it.

If you can get past the looks and focus on the principles... I would not recommend walking around in one of these though.

www.wired.com...

This one is two layers of polycarbonate and a motorcycle helmet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7118277643ae.jpg[/atsimg]

..and top it all off with some foam wedges and voila! Blend in with the rest of the crowd!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/342268ca5c45.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 25-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

[edit on 25-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Imagine protester marching with those on! That would be hilarious and scarey at the same time. They could also cover there whole body with it to make a defencive armor.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I was watching the G20 footage of citizens and peaceful protesters being attacked by riot police (DARPA agents provocateurs?) using LRAD on a "safe" setting and I began to wonder what if an elliptical reflector dish accidentally rolled out into the acoustic blast zone of the LRAD?

What's an elliptical reflector dish? It's basically a reflective bowl, but to get an idea,
this site lets you adjust light on an elliptical reflector. It's the same principle most flashlights use.

But LRAD is not a light weapon!! (No it isn't. That is why they mount it to a vehicle...)

Well, a similar effect should occur with sound waves. While it may not be a solid blueprint, I think this comic explains what I mean. While this might be a cumbersome "reversal and amplification shield", it certainly seems easier to manage than one of those hilarious helmets. Hmm.. what say an elliptical reflector that could snap apart into 1/4ths or 1/8ths? Anyway, just a thought. It would definitely be more effective than say a "rolling dumpster of doom"... lol

[edit on 28-1-2010 by DontTazeMeBro!]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
How, you ask? The answer is simple.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/180925f9f6670352.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
As attractive as that picture is, I rather fancy the idea of reversing the sound back.. also notice that a reflector dish is technically not a weapon. ...and if they dislike the "reversal effect", well they can take their finger off the trigger.

Also, Hulk. Hulk takes out two of the noise polluters in the most recent movie. Absurdly awesome movie, that.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The blue helmet looks like a lego version of "Sauron"s helmet from Lord of the Rings.
Wouldn't a good set of ear protection muffs be as effective-or is the sound from an LRAD loud enough to vibrate your brain?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
The blue helmet looks like a lego version of "Sauron"s helmet from Lord of the Rings.
Wouldn't a good set of ear protection muffs be as effective-or is the sound from an LRAD loud enough to vibrate your brain?

"It can then produce a loud, irritating, potentially painful noise of up to 151 dB."

"According to the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, any sound over 90 dB can damage a person's hearing"

"Finally, some people have questioned the LRAD's effectiveness, since wearing simple ear protection can render it useless."

www.howstuffworks.com...

I guess you're right (according to "howstuffworks").

My note: It is highly likely that the G20 LRAD riot "police" were DARPA agents provocateurs sent to 1) test LRAD on "subjects" in "the field" in "real-time" and 2) psychologically prepare sheeple for the coming police state and more extreme weapons such as the ADS, USW's, PHASR, and MEDUSA. Simple earmuffs won't be denying those other "civilian control devices".

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTazeMeBro!
...I began to wonder what if an elliptical reflector dish accidentally rolled out into the acoustic blast zone of the LRAD?...

Sounds like a good idea to me.
We could get a bunch of dishes and write the slogans on them instead of regular signs!

new topics

top topics

join