It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Received a Threat! Received a YouTube Threat over my military video!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
My YouTube Account is under attack by a fake complainer over a truth video I mirrored.

If you are apart of the media please help bring out whats happening to me over a disgrunted person. Please bring out what YouTube is doing to me.

Heres the publicly released Google Email:

Relayed message to me from youtube:

Dear USWGO,

This is to notify you that we have received a privacy complaint from an
individual regarding your content:

-------------------------------------------------------------
Video URLs: www.youtube.com...
The information reported as violating privacy is at 5:48
-------------------------------------------------------------

We would like to give you an opportunity to remove or edit your video so
that it no longer violates the privacy of the individuals involved. Please
edit or remove the material reported by the individual within 48 hours of
today's date. If no action is taken, the video will then come in for
review by the YouTube staff and be prohibited from being uploaded again.

Protecting a person's privacy is protecting their personal safety. When
uploading videos in the future, please remember not to post someone else's
image or personal information without their consent. Personal information
includes things such as names, phone numbers and email addresses. For more
information, please review our Community Guidelines at
www.youtube.com... and our Safety Center at
www.youtube.com...
Regards,

The YouTube Team

Relay this blog entree to your blog if you are against YouTube Censorship attacks/Threats!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Heres a screenshot for those that wants to see the email with their own eyes.

By uswgoadmin at 2009-09-25

[edit on 25-9-2009 by uswgo]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Obvious question, did you have his permission?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So it seems the "threat" is to remove your video. I guess the obvious question is are you in fact in violation of what they claim? I think sites such as this have an obligation to try to protect you as well as themselves against litigation. Do you think this is what they are doing?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
OP doesn't need to have his permission. He has no expectation of privacy on a public street. Also he clearly knows he is being filmed.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Could it be that WeAreChange Ohio would rather you Not be "backing up" their vids?

Nah...

... couldn't be.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I thought that even in public, a person still has a certain level of privacy. That level being that a person's image belongs to them, and it is not lawful to use their image without their express permission. It is the reason people's faces are blurred in photos and videos, as they have not given their consent for their image to be used. If a person requests their image not be used, that wish must be respected. The only question is whether the complaint was made by the guy who doesn't want his image used. Or am I wrong?

Edit;

Of course it is a moot point if the terms and conditions of youtube state you must have a persons permission to use their image, that that is just the way it goes. Youtube is a private entity, and they can dictate what ever rules they see fit.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by quackers]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Actually that's not true. Privacy laws protect against being used for commercial purpose. Also it protects person from being associated with something they're not involved in, like a if you write 'murderer' on a image of some person from the street and they're in fact not. This guy has no privacy on this issue.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
Obvious question, did you have his permission?

It's a mirrored video all over for peats sake over military check points in Kentucky. I don't think it's them because if my backup gets banned then his will be banned too. Others were remirroring it without complaints.

I got this complaint after putting the remirror on the traffic exchange. Many anti obama videos have been rejected or banned everytime I put one of those I made myself on the traffic exchange and now they are angry with me.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Define commercial. Is Youtube not commercial? What about sound? The capturing of sound in video without the consent of the person being recorded is covered under wiretapping and eavesdropping laws. 28 states recognise a persons right of publicity, and not to have their likeness used without their permission.

As I said, its moot, if you cannot follow Youtube's rules, find another site to host your content. Simple as that, no need for whining.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Commercial as in selling something or associating someone with a product or a service without their consent. Wiretapping doesn't cover this either because he is aware that he is being filmed. Also usually one person has to be aware of the recording so it's not considered wiretapping. These laws do exist and are being used constantly to arrest people, but charges are always dropped because they don't hold in court.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think this has nothing to do with privacy folks

The fact is they submitted a report to take my video down, anyone can do it and if theres a bit of security anyone under ACORN can hack youtube to send a complaint to youtube.

This is an attempt to shut me down and make me look like a community abuser, they did the same thing to CSPANJunkie, Alex Jones Channel, Nufffrespect, and others.

I have many friends and some I think mirrored the video as well. Look WeAreChange is against Obama and his band of ACORN Nazis and they want their videos to get out. I will not claim ownership, and I linked my mirrored video to the original. People like me doing that! Especially if it's spreading the word against Obamas communist regime

[edit on 25-9-2009 by uswgo]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Youtube is a private entitity and they can take offline anything they dislike. Privacy or no privacy if they wan't to get rid of your videos they can just delete them.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Youtube is a private entitity and they can take offline anything they dislike. Privacy or no privacy if they wan't to get rid of your videos they can just delete them.

It's because of ACORN, looks like it's time for a civil war, if we can't spread the word online then it's time we violently take to the streets because protesting is illegal and we can't post anti-NWO stuff on youtube then a violen war is our last option for the tree of liberty.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

He may be aware that he is being filmed, but was he asked to be filmed, and was he then informed that that the film would be for public consumption on a commercial site that generates revenue from people viewing that content? It is no different than what a tv station can and cannot do.

9.3 You agree that you will not upload or post any User Submissions that are subject to any third party proprietary rights (including rights of privacy or rights of publicity), unless you have a formal licence or permission from the rightful owner to post the material in question and to grant YouTube the licence referred to in paragraph 10.1 below.

Youtube needs to ensure videos conform to applicable laws in all jurisdictions. That means it needs to keep those 28 states, and their privacy laws, happy.

What we have here is someone who uploaded a video using someone's likeness without their permission in violation of Youtube's very clear privacy and copyright policy, then has the nerve to complain when Google tells them they are breaking rules that existed prior to their submission. It's called being a cry baby.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
There's plenty of other hosting services you can upload to. Youtube doesn't equal entire internet

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Looks like a revolution is our last hope, peace is now illegal and people are being kidnapped by the government just for protesting.

A Revolution Is the Solution! Brothers and Sisters!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers

I thought that even in public, a person still has a certain level of privacy. That level being that a person's image belongs to them, and it is not lawful to use their image without their express permission.

The law only counts if a profit is to be made. You have no expectation of privacy in public. Notice they do not blur faces in man on the street news segments. If your image is used to make someone else money without your permission, then you have a case. Otherwise you better just stay in your house.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You don't need to ask a permission to film if there is no expectation of privacy. Even if this were to go to court he never asked not to be filmed which would equal a permission. Also his likeness was never used in a content where it would require a permission.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well, in at least 28 states that is legally questionable. I'm sure that for that reason alone, and the legal costs, Youtube has covered there ass by simply not allowing anyone to argue the semantics, it just is not allowed end of argument. That being the case, the OP has no right of complaint. and Youtube has absolutely no duty to protect free speech.

I stopped using Youtube on the blackout last year, spurred on by the fiddling of NuffRespect's account, as well as others. So I have no sympathy for people who still use Youtube as their outlet. People really should know by now what Youtube is like, and if they don't, well, whatever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join