It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another rant on apple

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
are those horrible commercial ads about mac vs pc on youtbe,,,,are they really aired on tv? doesnt microsoft have to sue them? sure pcs and windows hase some problems,but macs arent so much better either...nor is osx.
how come they make so much fun of windows?
couse osx i easy to use by retarded people or something? O_o
why dont they come judge my windows,or somebodys elses that has defragment,registrycleaner and light antivirus and firefox+adblock and see if theyr osx is soo much cooler?

im in love with a mac keyboard,but im not even sure if i can use it on my pc,couse they mak everything incompatible.....
not theyr software thou... wonder why eeh?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
and why is the mac guy supposed to look so "fashion" and "emostyle cool" i guess these is the type the young punk girls punishing theyr fathers are going out with ^^
thats tottaly unfair to windows,i dont see windows bashing and making fun of macs?

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
In the last 5 years

$ spent on anti virus-phishig-spyware-trojan-malware protection = $0
Times computer has been infected = 0
Times I've had to defrag = 0
Times that I've HAD to reboot my mac for an update of any kind = 20
Crashes = 0
Incompatibility issues = 0
"service packs" = 0
Vulnerability issues = 0
Speed, design, ease of use are far superior ... in fact runs many microsoft programs better than windows. Plus if I want to for whatever reason I can run windows on it seamlessly either in a partition or even as a window on my desktop.

Downsides: More expensive to purchase and not for gamers.

I'm not a mac nazi btw but I wouldn't use windows unless I was desperate. Love Ubuntu though.

As far as the commercials, here in the US companies are allowed to mention their competition if they are being "truthful" in their statements. I'm not sure how it is in Bulgaria but I know that in Europe in general companies don't mention competitors in their advertising.

Edit: Oh and btw, all the complaints that keep coming up about malware by ats members ... so many that they started a new submission form for them ... I have never seen a single one from a mac user.

[edit on 25 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
In the last 5 years

Crashes = 0
"service packs" = 0
Vulnerability issues = 0
Speed, design, ease of use are far superior ...

ditto - the same goes for me

had one problem about 4 years ago - hardware - they fixed it for free

personally been on a mac consistently for 14 years - no issues

which is a very good thing - I am not exactly Ms. Technology

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
In the last 5 years

As you'll see in this video, visiting a website that gives many of the signs of legitimacy, can lead to you downloading a Trojan horse. Even for the Apple Mac.

Link

So far so good.

Sorry, I dont know much about this. I dont know whether mac has a option of defragmenting.

You have to reboot for any update. For critical updates it would prompt for restart, but for non critical, it would automatically install itself on the next startup.

Crashes = 0

I use xp and so far I have never experienced a crash.

Oooo. How many mac programs are there in the first place?

"service packs" = 0

There are no service packs for mac. You have to buy each upgrade in the name of a new version marketed with some catchy names.:bash:

Vulnerability issues = 0

Read here

Speed, design, ease of use are far superior ... in fact runs many microsoft programs better than windows. Plus if I want to for whatever reason I can run windows on it seamlessly either in a partition or even as a window on my desktop.

Yeah, even linux can do that. For free .

Downsides: More expensive to purchase and not for gamers.

See it came out in your own words. It is not the poor mans OS.

I'm not a mac nazi btw but I wouldn't use windows unless I was desperate. Love Ubuntu though.

You are a Ubuntu fan. Then you join the nerdy group. Get into chat for investiture into our group.

As far as the commercials, here in the US companies are allowed to mention their competition if they are being "truthful" in their statements. I'm not sure how it is in Bulgaria but I know that in Europe in general companies don't mention competitors in their advertising.

Edit: Oh and btw, all the complaints that keep coming up about malware by ats members ... so many that they started a new submission form for them ... I have never seen a single one from a mac user.

To sum up, no OS can be deemed safe. Even linux has been suffering from bot issues. The fact is, since most computers run windows, the malware authors target windows a lot. But things are changing.

[edit on September 25th, 2009 by peacejet]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

and

i could find 20 videos like that

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

OMG all I can say is I am so glad I bought a MAC. After years of problems with PC's I am finally problem-free with my MAC! And it is soooo much better for artistic programs. My old PC'sssss could not have handled them.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
In the last 5 years

Times that I've HAD to reboot my PC for an update of any kind = Who cares?

Crashes = 0

"service packs" = 2 - So what?

Vulnerability issues = 0

Speed, design, ease of use are FAR SUPERIOR ... in fact runs many ALL Microsoft programs better than MAC. Plus if I want to for whatever reason I can DO run windows on it seamlessly either in a partition or even as a window on my desktop.

Downsides: None
Work GREAT for Gamers

Dell Quad Core XPS

[edit on 9/25/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Sooo, did you find your "ram" and sort out all the other threadz too?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I work on other peoples computers...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Okay ... did you find their ram?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Naw...

Bad Ram Slot...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
hmm well guis,did u tryed using a nice FREE antivirus program calld "threatfire" its very light. firefox+adblock is also FREE
kmplayer is FREE,and its cool enough
foobar is FREE,and it can provide the quality that no one else could.
ccleaner seems to clear some stuff fore FREE.
u can even find a free defragment software.
so with those stuff im sure ur windowx xp/7 will never crash for no reason,u dont have to pay money for antivirus,u dont have to pay nothing.
hmm i didnt know mac can be so much faster,i worked once on a osx,it was pretty cool but strange to get used to,but im saying to all those guys who think
pc's are soo much hard to keep up and will crash everyday,cmon,pc is SO MUCH CHEAPER!,it takes half an hour to download a few drivers (that came in a cd with your pc,or dw from internet the new ones),download these programs,is i t really worth the high price of the mac,for a half an hour work and a little knowledge?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Dear god ... I forgot about the cursed drivers.

Listen, from what i hear windows 7 is a vast improvement from the Vista debacle.
Still, even if ALL that stuff you mentioned above is free, it still has to be installed, maintained, updated, yada yada ...

Computers should really be simple and pleasant to use ... there's something to be said (and to be paid for) for the privilege of being able to turn one on, use it, and never have to worry about it or a million directories, drivers, security issues, etc.

In the end that's what you pay for in a mac with os x, and that is why it is more expensive, because it is simply a better computer for everything other than gaming.

And listen, I'm aware that part of the reason os x isn't victimized more by hackers is simply because of its relatively smaller market share ... if they had 90% of the pc market they would be the main target of malware.

Anyhoot, some peeps prefer windows others prefer os x and many are warming up to linux ... it's nice to have choices.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

cmon guis,ur defending a company that makes so much money from brainwashing and emo fashion XD
did u even look at the "zune" it can play WAVs and nice formats.
and can ipod play wavs..dont think so

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have no problem running WoW on my little mac mini. Not that WoW is the end all, be all of gaming but it does get graphics heavy at times. While the mac mini is by no means of a "beast" (maybe house cat) of a machine. For the price, it was a nice upgrade to the Sony Vaio. And it does do all the extras that I have been wanting to do such as video and audio editing.

Then again, I have an old Mac Classic that *could* still get on the net if I wanted it to (and suffer the multitude of changes in web design since its release). And I have an old Power Mac 5400 (that was upgraded to a G3 processor) that could surf away rather readily (if it still fires up).

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The bottom line is if you care about FORM AND FUNCTION. If you do, mac makes sexy hardware. There's no debating that. I could never run the audio suites and video editors on a cheaper PC, so why not just get a mac with all the hardware I need?

Here is the one reason that Apple makes a much better OS.. It doesn't really ask for ANYTHING. Virus protection, defragging, etc are all run in the background and I never have to deal with them. They do their job without getting in my way. If they need updated, they update themselves.

Macs are simply easier to live with, especially in a professional sense. I don't have to run through hoops to get a good product out of my mac, and everything it does just looks so good.

So.. Are you willing to pay extra for the style and seemlessness? I am, that's why I ordered the new Imac last night.

Why the debate? Its not about which is better, its about which fits your life in a more complete manner.

I like PC's too, but Vista is an OS abortion. Its the crappiest GUI I've ever dealt with. I'll continue to buy little pc laptops for writing and net surfing, but that's it.. If I drop a low-end laptop and it breaks I go to bestbuy and get another one just like it for 300 bucks.

And the big, beautiful 24" screen greeting me in the office each day didn't hurt.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
are those horrible commercial ads about mac vs pc on youtbe,,,,are they really aired on tv? doesnt microsoft have to sue them? sure pcs and windows hase some problems,but macs arent so much better either...nor is osx.
how come they make so much fun of windows?
couse osx i easy to use by retarded people or something? O_o
why dont they come judge my windows,or somebodys elses that has defragment,registrycleaner and light antivirus and firefox+adblock and see if theyr osx is soo much cooler?

im in love with a mac keyboard,but im not even sure if i can use it on my pc,couse they mak everything incompatible.....
not theyr software thou... wonder why eeh?

I for one LOVE those commercials
but I'm a Mac! They are aired on TV and they always make me laugh, my bf even looks at me cause he says I always get this smirk on my fac when they come on. I have always been an Apple fan.

Well thats the thing not everybody HAS those things. I didnt have to buy anything extra to protect my computer, I dont have to worry about bad download files giving me viruses, I dont have to scan it to make sure there isnt anything on it that shouldnt be. That is why I like Apple. I had a PC and I hated it. I literally put my fist through the screen of my laptop once because it kept shutting down on it's own and freezing. It was annoying and I had all kinds of "protection" on it. I finally saved to buy my Apple and I couldnt be happier. Heck my 17in laptop was dropped on tile floor and still works, granted the screen doesnt look so hot but I use it daily. IMO that shows how good they are made. I have seen many people just drop theirs on carpet about a foot off the ground and they break...Mine fell twice as high on tile. I made a BTS thread on it..lol it even has a pic

As for an Apple keyboard I dont see why not. I know I recently saw a pic of someones dek with a Dell PC and an Apple laptop....

There will always be a rivalry with these two companies. The creators of both have history! I love it! Gates was top dog for a very long time and now Apple is starting to kick their butts
I have had a few friends switch to Apple because of me. Two even got iPhones, Apple should really hire me. I could sell one to Gates wife for them

Seriously its harmless it is just marketing. I personally dont like the new PC ones with "mystery" shoppers who didnt know it was a commercial for MS. So how many people did they follow bought Apples over PCs and they just spun it their way with the people they had who did? Not a fair assessment to go by. I go by the "evidence" and MS has some issues and many people are not happy with it and if they coould afford it they would get an Apple...that to me is their only problem, they are too pricey to buy, fix and replace believe me I know after it being dropped! Anyways...it will go on and on and on and you and I will always disagree because we have totally different views on this thats how it works. I am always plugging Apple to friends and they are always putting it down and saying how great MS is..My sister blames everything on iTunes...lol She has no protection on her computer and she gets viruses and it crashes and she blames Apple cause she has iTunes....Personally I just laugh......

Ok Im done I promise..lol Apple and MS will always be like this IMO. Its a great rivalry with die hard fans on either side who wont budge.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Fashion? Where do you see fashion in an Apple? Oh wait you mentioned the commercials look. Well I look at it like this...Apple IS sleeker and much freakin cooler looking so Mac guy dresses "up" in a way while PC guy looks run down and worn which in some weird way that I see it shows the not so glamorous part of a PC. They dont have that sleek look and feel of a Mac so he looks less "fancy" you could say.

Honestly Mac's are wonderful computers

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
oops wrong thread lmao!!!!

[edit on 29-9-2009 by zazzafrazz]

<<   2  3 >>

join