It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this look like America to you?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The thing is, the people in the We Are Change video were not anarchists, they were threatening or harming noone. No masked faces, no dumpsters being launched, they were just regular looking people you might see walking in a mall somewhere.

The way those thugs kept beating their batons and marching robotically gave me the worst creeps, that awful robotic voice on the P.A. system declaring that "you will be subject to arrest or removal by force no matter your reason for being here".

This really does make the talk about police refusing to attack American citizens seem sort of naive considering the jackboots didn't seem to be one bit worried about batoning unarmed women or using sound weaponry against peaceful, non violent protestors.

Anyone who is relying on the conscience of the police to protect them will be served with a severe dose of reality. In fact it looked like those cops were excited and all too eager to hurt someone.

I know the police have had a long history of violent abuse in this country, that is nothing new, but I had always assumed that when push came to shove most would not turn on their fellow Americans. I do not believe this to be the case anymore.

And the bizarre Orwellian tactics with the batons and the riot gear and the weapons vehicles, it is mortifying to see it actually happen. All to protect a bunch of scum politicians and criminal bankers from answering to the people they have raped.

Talking about the NWO and a police state is one thing, but to see it actually implemented in modern day America is a real wake up slap to the face.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Extremely well said friend, I can only hope that after the initial shock of these events wears off that some of us or not all of us will find a way to hold to account the politicians and their benefactors who have pressed this agenda on the American people.

ATS and most of America has about a 3 day attention span, lets see if this is the slap in the face that will finally awake, the 'awake'.

I truly enjoyed both of your exceptional posts.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I posted some of these videos on a Facebook account in order to try and get the information out there for regular every day folks who haven't had the chance to see what is going on in the streets of their "happy, safe, freedom loving country"....expecting outrage if not suprise or shock or at the very least concern.

Nope. Nothing. Nada. I will get 20 replies for posting some stupid video of a guy getting hit in the nuts with a baseball, but try and show some of the average citizens how their government is attacking it's own people...and it is dead silence.

I know people are afraid, and I know many are so brainwashed and entirely ignorant to the subject matter at hand they are beyond help, but you would think at least someone would at least find this stuff a little bit disturbing.

I have over 650 people on my friends list, not one peep.

We are doomed people, and being indifferent and ignoring it aint gonna make it go away. I think us "fringe" types may be the only people who even give a damn.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

The sad reality is friend most people can not draw a correlation of how these events have any impact on them.
In large part because most people are educated purposefully only to a functionally illiterate standpoint, while at the same time being bombarded with often meaningless forms of entertainment aimed towards to lowest possible common denominator. When you add the first two to the fact that most people have to spend 88% of their waking hours just eking out basic sustenance you end up with a disaffected populace almost entirely incapable of connecting the dots and nearly oblivious to how failure to do so continues to not just erode their quality of life but further lessens their chances for a more prosperous one in the future.

Our society has come to an every person for themselves affair where even the people who have reached a basic level of awareness will simply say that they do not have the time or can afford to spare the time or money towards getting personally involved in anything to effect change.

That does place the burden on us of the fringe as most of the people who do possess the basic intelligence and skills and are capable of responding to these types of challenges will simply choose to pursue wealth instead unless these problems are literally dropped on their door.

That leaves just the idealists and dreamers to fight the good fight and most of the people we are fighting for can’t imagine why we are fighting and to what end or the need for us too, and many of those simply do not agree these events represent any danger to them. They imagine that if they just obey the laws, pay their taxes, and mind authority that there are no adverse ramifications caused by these events that will ever effect them.

The world it would seem truly does not want saved and is like that happy little group out in a rowboat on their way to a picnic lunch oblivious to the fact that they are dangerously upstream from a massive waterfall as they sing and laugh and enjoy the sun.

If the world is still to be saved at this point it will require a Churchill type of effort of “Never before have so many owed so much too so few”.

Don’t despair though, what good is fighting if it’s not nearly impossible odds with almost no chance of winning or survival? After all where would be the challenge in it!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I couldn't leave it at just giving you a star. That post should be posted on the front page of ATS. Hell I might print out a copy and pin it up around town.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This crap has been going on since Bush got elected. This is what Israel did to the Palistinians. They drove them back, entrapped them, built a wall around them & started torturing & killing them. How many of the U.S. cops are Zionists? Check out the Anti-Defamation League on the net. They take U.S. Cops to Israhell to train them there. They're very proud of it.

Type in Search Engine: " About those Israel mall vendors: kiosks providing cover for IDF training of militant Jews in United States"

WHO controls the U.S.? Are we being taken over from within?

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly— a murderer is less to be feared.......Cicero, 42 B.C.E

"No man survives when freedom fails, The best men rot in filthy jails, And those who cry 'appease, appease' Are hanged by those they tried to please.": Hiram Mann

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Twila

I knew it wouldn't be long before the Jews were blamed. Not only do Jews control Hollywood, the music industry, the banks and financials, the government, now they control the police and military.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by Twila

I knew it wouldn't be long before the Jews were blamed. Not only do Jews control Hollywood, the music industry, the banks and financials, the government, now they control the police and military.

This is a startling admission of guilt! First a Federal Law Enforcement Agent makes a confession on this thread and now the Mossad

I sure hope you feel better to have gotten that off your chest.

Now if you don't mind this is about an actual American issue in regards to a New World Order Police State.

Hint you might want to try harder pretending to be an American on a thread entitled "Does this look like America to you".

You know just a suggestion.

Oh by the way my mother used to work in the Murray building it's a stone's throw away from the White House too, as is the B'nai Brith Building right next door.

Could you be any less obvious?

[edit on 27/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Ahh..., hello everyone. I just joined and posted some relavent information about our police being trained in Israel, hosted by the Anti-Defamation League. I also posted a link to Militant IDF from Israel training in our Country in the Catskills in upstate New York. It disappeared. Then when I went to sign in again, I kept getting a message my user name or password wasn't correct. Anyone want to tell me what's up here? Are there subjects that are censored? Such as: Israel and what is happening to the Palistinians? I have no clue. I'm not censored anywhere else I discuss this, and it seems the irony of it, is this is the very last place in the world I would expect to be censored. Is truth which is on the news no considered "hate?"

If anyone could clue me on on what's going on here, I sure would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Twila

Your problems must be part of the vast Israeli conspiracy...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Before you attack the Messenger why don't you check out the links I provided in the Message? Don't believe me. I don't want you to, nor expect you to. I do however, ask that you would check out the links and do some of your own research before you try to discredit the message.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Twila

I am not one to support Israeli or Zionist causes but what went on in Pittsburgh is in no way shape or form directly related to Israel.

A lot of cross training occurs between many governments. This is about the Constitution being violated in America by Americans.

Tel Aviv did not give the orders, the Pittsburgh Cheif of Police did.

All that bringing Israel into this is going to distract from the very serious nature of this issue.

Israel is a tiny country, the Jewish population here a small but influential one. All those things as they relate to anything can be dealt with at other times in other threads.

The topic is about the actions in Pittsburgh by United States domestic law enforcement personnel.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I would say you need to so some serious research.

I've been researching this subject for over eight months for at least six hours a day, minimum What I shared on this topic has everything to do with what happened at Pittsburgh.

I set our to disprove the things I heard about Jews and Zionists in my research. What I found, along with it's accompanying documentation proved to me I was totally wrong on my original assumption, unfortunately. Much of the documentation I gathered came directly from them. So, then, are you going to tell me that they are liars, too?

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it." - "Israeli" Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001, to Shimon Peres, as reported on Kol Yisrael radio.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Twila

Friend I am going to be honest with you, I believe you are a Zionist and working with Israel because you know that if Americans revolt against our government it's going to result in the likelihood of severing of ties with Israel.

I think what you are doing is a blatant attempt at deflection from the real issue of the thread.

The real issue of the thread is the violation of the Constitution, and the real goal should be to PROSECUTE ANY AND ALL PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE.

This is nothing but an attempt to turn a serious issue regarding American sovereignty into a three ring circus of confusion and deception and the Zionists crying anti-Semetism and the whole severity of what's transpired minmized into the usual racial and religious mud slinging.

If you can't draw a direct order from Tel Aviv to some corrupt official in the American Government who then issued the Pittsburgh Police the order to perpetrate these crimes against the American people you are doing nothing but hijacking this thread to make it about the Israelis.

The corrupt influence of Israel in the American Government will never be dealt with until Americans get a handle back on their Government and the abuses of the constitution and that is never going to happen when the Israelis and the Zionist manage to turn every important issue into a non- issue about them to distract us from doing that.

So can you prove a direct order through a clearly established chain of command that this emminates from Tel Aviv?

Yes or no?

If you can't...

This really is a matter for another thread if it has merrit at all.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I've read through the majority of this thread and i do applaude everyone for the opinions that they have and present.

I watched the videos and i can say that i don't think that the 'protests' were 100% peaceful. the rocks, defacement of public/private property as well as the dumpster launching do not look to be 'peaceful'

Within any protest when you have members of that protest that tag along you are certain to aquire individuals who are not very well tempered. this goes for the demonstration as well as the police. I would term through what i saw within the videos as a riot. peaceful assemblies don't cause harm or impede those who are not members of the demonstration. i certainly see a few instances of the police not acting properly, namely the two women that were alone and got taken to the ground with severe force, and the trapped college student observers on the stairs.

So many drama queeens here posting anti police, anti brutality, NWO...etc. if you are protesting with a few hundred others, peacefully and a few of your protestors decide to throw rocks, stones etc... it is unfortunate that the rest get categorized as violent. the bad apples always ruin it for everyone else.

I don't view what is evidenced in the videos as entirely peaceful.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by eodbrad

Once upon a time when Americans had pride in their freedoms and liberty if they had been confronted by a heavily armed police force using a wide variety of weaponry to bar their free and unfettered passage down the public right of way they would have hurled a lot more than a dumpster at them.

What do you think they would have been hurling a dumpster at if there wasn't a line of Riot Clad heavily armed police officers popping off tear gas at them and firing rubber bullets and bean bag projectiles and using a sonic noise cannon on them first while unconstitinonally barring the publics right of way?

You might want to look again and maybe read a book or two on the Founding Fathers and the Constitution first.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

ahh, disrupting the public right of way? as i see it the 'protests' portrayed were not peaceful protests. every right for the police to step up and ensure protection of public and private property. so who was in the way? the police...or the crowd? was the crowd being moved by the police to return normal function to the public area or were the police in the path of a peacefully demonstrating crowd?

'dumpster' and founding fathers: true...violence does seem to get more attention than not. though....it's the expression of commitment and belief that the action of violence enforces. i still hold to this 'demonstration' was a riot, and unfortunately bystandars and actual peaceful demonstrators have been caught in the midst.

So back to...does this look like America to you? a crowd of protestors and police in riot gear. Sure, looks like a non peaceful demonstration in which the police were ready to respond to. .....what were they protesting? G20...for what purpose? i caught on TV a few people interviewed by the news and quite honestly i think a few of them were missing a few cards from their deck.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Twila
"This crap has been going on since Bush got elected"

what about may 4th 1970? 4 people were killed and 9 others wounded when national guardsmen fired on a crowd of peaceful war protesters. (Ten days later, two people were killed in a similar incident at Jackson State University.)

what were the results of the murders? The 8 guardsmen who had to go to trial all had there cases dismissed. Not even a slap on the wrist. The families of the dead students were awarded about 63,000 dollars each. If I were one of those families, I'd rather shove that money down the guardsmen's throats and watch them choke on it.

The brutal behavior of the police and military in Philly is nothing new.....

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by eodbrad

I suggest a good optometrist and maybe watching the videos in forward instead of reverse but hey that's just me!

I am real strange that way, I look at events chronologically from beginning to end and note what happens when where and how.

I guess you missed how a Phalanx of Riot Clad Police Officers were blocking the Road to a peaceful march that a CNN Camera Crew and Reporter were part of, who stated clearly on CNN it had been a peaceful march when the Police began to initiate hostilities.

I guess your video doesn't have sound so you didn't even hear the great speaker for the group of protestors talking about the Constitution and the Bailout?

I guess you haven't read anything about the 20 different groups that were protesting different issues?

I guess you think it's ok for International Bankers to use an occasion to for publicity but it's wrong for other people to try to gain publicity by protesting what those bankers are doing?

I guess you don't care about any issue except compliance.

I guess you didn't read the Pittsburgh Post Gazette either who said that all the protestors in every march parted for emergency vehicles and other cars that needed to get through.

I guess you don't care that the Sonic Sound Cannon was used in neighborhoods where AMERICANS ACTUALLY LIVE that weren't taking part in the demonstration.

I guess you would like to blame that too on people being so foolish as trying to champion causes that would benefit humanity instead of the corporate government?

I guess you think the Constitution is a bad thing. I guess you don't think pedestrians have the right to use the thoroughfares that their tax dollars pay for?

I guess in your town it's common to see a Phalanx of Police in Echelon dressed from head to toe in black riot gear wearing earplugs so they can't even hear you because they know they are going to soon be firing a Sonic Noise weapon that can cause damage to the ear drums, permanent damage.

I guess you have no problem with these kind of heavy handed, destructive and excessive police actions.

I guess you didn't even see that the person hurling the dumpster and leading the team that thrust it was later snatched in a quick military abduction because he was an undercover operative trying to give police and their disinformation agents justification for deploying such excessive force and barring the public from peaceably assembling and using the right away of the thoroughfare?

Good news! I saw it all. So did anyone who watched the videos!

So no reason to be misinformed now at all is there?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by eodbrad

Thank goodness, someone talking some reason on this thread. I just finished reading through it and I was getting a little dismayed until I saw your posts.

I have been following these events since Friday. I would like to go back to Friday/Friday night when there was a thread following the police scanner traffic, which was very revealing. From what was heard, (and these videos back some of it up)...there were large groups of protestors blocking the roads, there were multiple gun shots fired from various locations, there were bomb threats, there was rioting with property damage and looting. What I have gathered from the radio traffic and the videos is that the police were well-prepared for what they knew could be a very volitale and dangerous situation.

They did their job and it looks like they did it well. Unfortunately, I am sure there were some people that were there with every intention of being peaceful and did nothing to deserve being gassed and intimidated BUT they were surrounded by people that went beyond a peaceful protest.

Why is everyone on here trying to turn this episode into a revolution? Are you SOOOO desperate for something horrible to happen that you will take every event and twist and mold and push it until it fits your desired "plot"?

I saw people dressed in black with thier faces covered throwing bricks and rocks at the police, blocking roadways and destroying property. If this were to happen on my block I would sure hope to God that the police were there to protect me. I'll bet those police prevented a lot of people from getting hurt and a lot of property from being damaged/looted. They ARE protecting your rights....the right to not live in fear of riots and looting and public unrest.

I am not an Obama supporter, I do not agree with most of his politics and fear we ARE heading into socialism, but this whole thread is about reaching for something, looking for it in everything and this goes a long way to discrediting the voices that oppose what is REALLY going on with our government.

It is much more subtle than police in riot gear.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join