It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this look like America to you?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
when was police brutality not in America?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Star for you

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

First pampered as pets, then abused as servants, now opressed as slaves.

Yeah that about sums it up

Read this thread and realize that YOU are the authority figure, not them.
Do you even know your rights?

For everything there is a season.
Remember remember the fifth of November.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

You know, i'm glad someone gets it.

Good for you

This is getting really annoying now.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Man I have known for a while now that this is no longer the free country we are made to believe it is, but watching that video brought tears to my eyes, Sometimes the illusion of freedom is easier to deal with then actually standing up and fighting back. What has become of us. So comfortable in our bubble our happy place that we don't even want to think that this is really happening in our own back yard. This truly breaks my heart. Give me freedom or give me death.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
OK WAC need to build some LRADS and BLAST "Rage against the machine", you know what song!

I think this was the very last peaceful protest the country will ever see. From there on, those faceless storm troopers are just that, faceless storm troopers with no family and no commonality with the real Citizenry.

Would NOT want to work in a police station or guard office in the future and I would not want to be a cop or a guardsman from here on in. They are all going to be marked as *individuals* realize their helplessness and their options. Think the recent "FED" discovered hanging like an apple in the tree.

It almost seemed like the PD were pausing and thinking during the last part of that video, that is, until mechanical reinforcement arrived screaming the NLP laden monotone robocop voice...

I'm getting the hell out of here.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I was enrolled at Pitt but opted to go to a different school...a lot of my friends went there so I wound up spending a lot of time there.

This was a few years ago now, but I know the locations all those videos were filmed at and where the person must have been standing to film them. To think those places that I only have fond memories of turned into a warzone makes me sick.

It hits home to a greater extent when you have a pretty good knowledge of where an event takes place. Seeing those two girls get trampled by police in riot gear tore me up. Five or six years ago those could have people I care about standing in that exact spot.

It's different when protestors show up to an event and this happens (not to suggest that's it's ever a good thing to have protestors get trampled by riot police). In this case the powers-that-be decided that they were going to descend on a city to have their little summit and completely disrupt the lives of the people that live there. Pitt is miles from the convention center where the G-20 even took place. Why the hell was there such a show of force there?

The one good outcome of this is that a large group of more than likely complacent college kids just became socially aware. Hopefully some great minds that would have gone down a different path without this event will wake up and change the world. But that's just wishful thinking.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Thx warren as per

reply to post by kosmicjack

It's scary how brazen they are getting. It's like TPTB have read every dystopian future novel and watched every film and made life imitate art. When the truck pulled up with what sounded like a recording about unlawful assembly I just couldn't shake Robocop from my mind

"You now have fifteen seconds to comply".

TPTB really seem to have a fondness for numerology, mysticism, occultism, prophesy, and ritual. Today they are making sci-fi storylines of big brother come true. Tomorrow it will be another facet of that dark future that they enact before our eyes. This is why I genuinely think something will happen in 2012, because they will use prophecy and the bible etc and make something happen/come true.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
I am not making fun of this thread

If they wish to treat us like Apes then the time will have to Come when we behave like Apes

Or we can just let it all look like this

See what happens when the lowest bidder gets the government contract?

People die and apes take over.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This is the truth about the USA that has been growing like cancer on steroids since the conclusion of the Civil War.

Yes, it is horrifying, and the Nazis are all out right in your face, and I am wondering what if anything USAmericans will do about it.

From my perspective the USAmerican state is a failed state that betrayed its own Constitution, betrayed the basic principles of English Common Law, and even more frighteningly betrayed the Magna Charta.

You USAmericans have let them strip away your rights, and you said nothing because you were too worried about supporting your Republican president or your Democrat president when they are both the same thing: apparatchiks of the Fascist State.

Stop them before they round you up like stray dogs and euthanise you because no one stood up for you.

Stand up against fascism by not feeding the monster with violence! Only gather in protest when you can be sure of at least 2, 500 fellow non-violent protesters. Use 'Citizen's Arrest' to stop the agents provacateurs who are paid by the Elites to infiltrate you, betray you, and instigate enough violence to 'justify' the police action! Be smart and shut down the violent ones, and press on demanding the full restoration of your Constitution and the legitimately added Amendments! For heaven's sake, demand the restoration of the full provisions of the Magna Charta and the provisions of English Common Law!

If you are angry, take that energy and organise and organise and organise!

You need millions upon millions of people to descend on Washington and demand the resignation of everyone in the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches and stay there till it happens!!!!!

Fight with your minds, and wage peace with your actions until the Elites drown in it.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

kosmicjack

where/when was that filmed?

thanks

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Some of flock have become Rabid and are attacking the others - What would the Good Shepherd do?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8eccecf5a212.jpg[/atsimg]

Jesus didn't write the bible and he didn't recommend people buy swords for nothing...

*I have some pretty badass Mohammed and Shiva destroyer pics, but I'm trying to appeal to the society here.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I can recall protests at Kent State University in Ohio where 4 people were shot dead..Those were the seventies...
Still though strange pictures of army men taking people in unmarked cars, a failed state is not my word of choice but a rechtstaat or democracy? I am surprised people haven\t shown signs with 2 Amendment, and actually took their weapons, but you dont see those militias at these "student" protests..

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I certainly would be more than fascinated to be able to have an open and honest discussion with the puppet masters at the top. What a wonderfully engineered, orchestrated, and horribly tragic games we mere humans are forced to play.

What an incredibly fascinating brilliance and effort put forth for the most incredible game of illusions all for so much destruction and pain.

I cannot even take a break in my dreams anymore.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
For my American friends, from the Wiki article on the LRAD:

Countermeasures may include the use of passive hearing protection (earplugs, headsets), which may bring the sound down to ineffective levels. In addition, sound could be reflected from a solid surface, and redirected back to the originator.

It's sad to see the state we're deteriorating into. Everyone please stay safe!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Modern Protestor! Don't be afraid!

Stand up to the "The Man" in your new Level 1 Protest Suit - Now with Hearing protection! It has everything you need to avoid the agony of chemical weapons and the pain and damage of hearing Loss resultant from LRAD torture. *Now includes a ceramic-fibre matrix to dampen the effects of Microwave Weapons!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25e5e1cf9cba.jpg[/atsimg]

Don this suit and you can isolate yourself from the horrible realities of the Globalist Coup - experience what it felt like to protest circa 1980s!

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I think it looks exactly like America!

This has been worse in the past. If you consider how riots start, that is why the Police is in force. They have to intimidate by showing force before they are outnumbered. If you consider my view point what they are doing is a good thing. I applaud their decision to be proactive rather than reactive. This prevent people from actually getting hurt.

What do I mean!!!!

Am I what people on here call a “sheepie” (I wish I was as innocent as a sheep.)

No not at all, I am not a “sheepie” Let us look at some history to see my view point.

List of Civil Unrest In America

I am sure the list in the link is not comprehensive, and the victors always write history. However it does not deny the fact that before this country was founded, there were people protesting. Many protests turned violent and many people died. Many of them were martyrs for justice but they died in vein.

Yes that is right, I said the word justice. True justice: to conform to what is truly good, fair, compassionate, correct, guided by wisdom, sound reasoning and the purest logic. People have been protesting the lack of justice (from other humans) before this country was founded and still does today. Yet injustice prevails so I can say with some confidence the protests have accomplished little. The lack of Justice is the disease, people hurting others unfairly. That is the problem. That is what must not be tolerated. Actions against injustice should also be just, otherwise the battle is lost. The hardest thing I find is the reality that the first place where this must be true is to start at home, in my own thoughts and actions.

When people focus on the small picture and not the larger, then we all lose. We may win that battle but evil is there in another way. I hope that you can see from my perspective.

However if whatever specific point of injustice is what is important in this video of protest and the idea is to only focus on that manifestation then I say: Get organized. Start a grass roots movement across the US? Get contributions and lobby in DC. Don't let the government dictate where you make your voice heard. Protest it across the country and throughout the year, every year if that is your thing. The point here is you have another freedom besides the freedom of speech: you have the freedom of choice. By making more effective choices perhaps results can be more effective than a video post on Youtube or ATS.

I ask you:

Does it only require a political party to organize something like the "tea party express"?

If people care and they are all protesting a single view and have no real organization then what is the point?

Why waste effort to protest where the police expect trouble (because there is at every G20/G8/WTO/WHO/XYZ conference)? The populous is numb to that, it is common place and no clear message is ever made.

Are they trying to show what? How the government will react? History tells us that. Are we expecting a different result from the same actions?

I see this set of protests as unorganized, and ineffective. Injustice is a pillar of the enemy. The enemy is within. I know that sounds cliché and it is, because it is true. Enough people make that real change, it inspires change. The smallest of light can still pierce the darkness.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I hate to give my opinion because I KNOW 98% of you will attack me for it... but I will say it anyway....

Just because nobody is fighting, lighting things on fire, or vandalizing anything, doesn't mean it's a peaceful protest. When you block streets (traffic), and you yell on megaphones, and yell on the top of your lungs while carrying signs, you are disturbing the peace, and you are going to get broken up by the law. You are disturbing people who want to have nothing to do with the protest.

If you really want to make an impression, stop blocking streets, and stop disturbing normal non-protesters, and stop disturbing the peace, then you can protest all you want. I know that is hard for you people, but, I'm sure you can figure out a way.

Protests are worthless anyway. All they do now is show how many people "care". They don't change minds, they don't change laws, they don't intimidate anyone. All it really does is ruin "it" for everyone else. There are much better ways, and loopholes, to "protest" without breaking any laws, and to make your voice known. You just have to find them and take advantage of them.

Just stay out of the streets!

[edit on 26-9-2009 by 0neKnows]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 0neKnows

Hahahahah what do you expect them to do knock on the door of the G20 meeting and ask to speak with the leaders?

What a joke!

If they can't protest they might as well just roll over and die!

Disturbing people who want nothing to do with the protests?

Well they're the lazy arses who are watching the United States of America go to the dogs while they probably sit watching Fox and American Idol and god knows what other drivel.

At least these protesters are standing up for what they believe in and are standing by their principles and for that they have my respect!

You have to ask yourself, what would George Washington do?
What would Martin Luther King do?

Would they turn a blind eye to all this? Would they even recognise the United States today?

[edit on 26/9/09 by Kram09]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by AletheaLame video, lame tactics, and video is pure propaganda designed as a catalyst to incite violence and uprising.

Wow, that's really amazing. Everyone else is crazy for their interpretation of such a short video and what actually happened, however your interpretation from such a short video and what actually happened is apparently not only sane, but solid fact.

---

Thanks for posting this video warrenb. Simply stunning that this is happening on such levels, and completely unsurprising that there are those that think this is acceptable police behavior. As someone else said in the thread, this is a litmus test to see how far they have conditioned the sheep into accepting their fate. I have a feeling its not going as well for them as they'd like.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 9/26/09 by niteboy82]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join