It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this look like America to you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Tiananmen square.

doesnt it remind you alot of china.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Why didn't these people lock arms together and stand firm.
America we have to stop being intimidated. I'm sick of living knowing worse days are ahead.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Not picking on You; as I am not there either, but it will take People such as Yourself, and like me to get the ball rolling.

I am sure everyone there did their best; as they were there. Possibly many did lock arms, but the only coverage of the event seems to be coming from the alternative media, or the absolutely free do it at Your own expense media.

The big corporate bailed out media has bigger fish to fry; such as over all mass conditioning of the US American People through Psychological Warfare

It will take many more People with bright ideas in order to curb this monster; it must be done before too much longer

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
You two are missing a critical point: you are looking at college/university students, in most cases... these are not people out trying to start a "civil war" or public unrest, they are out to voice their opinions... it wasn't meant to be a fight.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Are You talking to me? I didn't make any judgements, or insights into why the crowd was there, or what their strategy was if any; the obvious thing is that it shows People are unhappy.

My main point is that more People including myself should partake; instead of being armchair warriers

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I am not making fun of this thread

If they wish to treat us like Apes then the time will have to Come when we behave like Apes

Or we can just let it all look like this

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones

Are You talking to me? I didn't make any judgements, or insights into why the crowd was there, or what their strategy was if any; the obvious thing is that it shows People are unhappy.

My main point is that more People including myself should partake; instead of being armchair warriers

Oh no, I wasn't saying that you were judging, I'm just pointing out that many protesters are just college students out to witness and have the opportunity to voice an opinion. In many cases it doesn't go beyond that, they just want to be heard. They aren't fighting a "grander scale fight" of any kind, it's an in the moment thing.

Just wanted to respond to the "why didn't anyone lock hands" and hunker down bit... mostly, I think, it's because of the intent of the people who took part in the gathering, it was meant as an opportunity to be involved in politicking (probably) these students and others are not going in there with any other intent. When cops get violent, they aren't prepared for something like that... especially when they believe they are acting peacefully.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The big picture

piece the world wide protests together (jump to 7min in the vid) to see the bigger picture. millions world wide are savy and will take action against the machine, it's all a question of timing now. i believe that if/when the states collapses others will follow...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Uh oh. video was disabled.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Just go directly to the video.
By the way, to me the first video reminds me of a zombie attack. Anyone else see that?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'm against this whole summit as the next guy and completely disgusted by the police action.

However. I wouldn't say this is MARTIAL LAW. This was a two day riot that had severe results. This was expected. And if anything, Pittsburgh's riots were the tamest I've ever seen compared to others such as:

Iran protests and riots a few months back
G8 protests in Germany
1999 Riots in Seattle.
so on, so on.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Here's the problem with revolution. What happens afterwards?

We don't want to go right back into the same business with a new faculty, that keeps us from hitting the core of the problem. Sadly, that's what I think would happen.

We'd have to either
a. write a new constitution
or
b. go to a very VERY back to basics version of our original government.

I don't think there's anyone savvy enough to lead a revolution, rework our country, and take those sacred reigns.

This worries me.

We wouldn't be a country anymore if the infastructure happened to be overturned completely. We'd be split into country states or something like that.

But this does happen in America, the worrisome part is that it's going to start happening more and more.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying, I'm just a stubborn as heck, and angry at the injustice of it all.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is a pitiful piece of propaganda and fear mongering.

I notice you spliced the film...it goes from a nighttime scene to a daytime scene and then back again to night time.

It appears that same crappy video of the "staged abduction" makes an appearance in this video, too. (the daylight scene that's spliced in)

Of course the G-20 meeting is expected to have strict security. You expect just a couple of cops to keep peace? Plueeze.

Those kids should be in class or doing their homework. They come for a peaceful protest and I bet they don't even know what they are supposed to be protesting. They are just followers.

Lame video, lame tactics, and video is pure propaganda designed as a catalyst to incite violence and uprising.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Unbelievable..... I never heard ONE thing about this (though I never watch any MSM news, or television for that matter)...

While researching this, I found this piece written by a student. I found it very interesting and sickening at the same time.

Armored Police Seize University

For a while the students and locals just stood and talked while the police line faced us. Some people sang and had signs. Others just watched. Slowly, the line of locals began to advance. A police officer with a megaphone stepped out several times and told us to leave the area, but as we weren't doing anything wrong, most people didn't leave.

That's when they shot a canister of gas at us. Reddit, sprinting away from armored police who looked like Storm Troopers from Star Wars, hearing that hissing sound while one of my favorite spots on campus filled with smoke... it was terrifying.

When the smoke cleared the crowd was still there.

This standoff lasted several hours. Around 10:30, the atmosphere had changed. The police had advanced far up the road toward students, who were kept back to a grassy area called Schenley Plaza. Students were singing and dancing. It was very peaceful. Someone said something to a cop.

Suddenly the guy was grabbed and thrown on the ground. The crowd AT ONCE surrounded the cops and started chanting LET HIM GO! LET HIM GO! LET HIM GO!

the next two hours were complete chaos. My campus was invaded by armored police officers. They threw actual tear gas into crowds of students. They SHOT students with rubber bullets. They beat slower-moving students with a baton. I saw a group of cyclists being herded down the sidewalk. A cop reached out and pushed a woman on a bike. She turned around and pushed her bike at the cop. Next thing we knew, he grabbed her by the face and slammed her down on the concrete.

PLEASE read the rest of the article...

Like others have said; it's not "if" but "when" something drastic happens to this country.

-Allinthemind

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

The aftermath of this phase of humanity is globalism. There is no avoiding that. The only difference is -- Ruled by the few or ruled by the many.

At one point, the boiling will come to a head and out will pop a figure who will lead and inspire. People will learn that we do not need a government or a Constitution, that is just an imprisoning belief that has been pushed on all of us so we remain dependent, meek, and non-confrontational. It is not a pipe dream to talk about a functional anarchy. It must start at the individual level first.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It's sickening

there are dozens of new shots out now, sonic weapons plus teargas in tandem on girls and students

I don't know where my country has gone but this isn't it.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Dear Powers that Be,

I want to extend my deep and sincere gratitude for showing us your latest crowd control and riot response tactics.

I sure have learned a lot from them. I really have to say you did a fine job with the very SMALL number of forces you had to LOOK FAR AND WIDE to marshal. I know its tough fighting wars on two fronts and running municipalities on a shoe string budget to pad your bottom line.

I sure was happy to see for your sakes that none of the protesters were really ORGANIZED or had COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT and made any attempt TO OUTFLANK your meager forces.

What a relief huh? Hopefully none of those anarchist types will notice that you had to RECRUIT PERSONELL FROM 6 DIFFERENT STATES and 40 different agencies JUST TO SECURE THREE SQUARE MILES of ONE MEDIUM SIZED U.S. CITY.

Hopefully there will never be REAL RIOTS IN MULTIPLE CITIES or that the people involved in them will HAVE LEADERS WHO HAVE STUDIED your most recent tactics.

Thankfully the citizens are TOO DUMB TO THINK OF SUCH THINGS, or to REVIEW and STUDY the TACTICS USED, and make plans to OVERCOME AND DEFEAT THEM, which thank goodness we all know wouldn’t be that hard because of THE VERY SMALL NUMBER OF PEOPLE YOU ACTUALLY EMPLOY AND CAN DEPLOY.

I think you guys did a great job at SCARING KIDS and confused INNOCENT BYSTANDERS and well I am going to sleep all the better tonight KNOWING HOW YOU ACTUALLY DO THIS.

Once again thank you so much I remain as always your number one admirer,

ProtoplasmicTraveler
autocrictis principis

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I've been around, and also remember talking to old folks when I was young who were around at the turn of the last century. This stuff happens from time to time. The turn of the 19th century to the 20th century, lots of violence with union activity. 1930's the great depression, Americans turning on Americans, 1968, the Democrat convention in Chicago, just to name a few things. The G20 stuff in Pittsburgh seems tame. Oh, yeah, Kent State, where Ohio National Guard fired on peaceful students and killed 4. Four Dead In Ohio, as Neil Young sang........ As for me, in the 70's I was on strike at a foundry in Cincinnati, it became ugly, but nobody was killed and only a few injuries. It's the American way.

But, now, the armored cops and armored vehicles. Well............there are ways so circumvent such things.......just saying...........

But, we are used to cushy stuff, now, here in the U.S.S.A. Bob Dylan sang, "the timesssss they are a changin........" and they are, once again.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
i know a friend there. she got arrested for what is allegedly the other side of this story: granted i cannot say for sure but this whole thing looks one-sided to me. Now here is the question? what should happen if all of the cops get surrounded. there are no fall-back orders. gas can possibly be the first option for that scenario so what happens then? ! wall of protesters... no mobs or people could literally die.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join