It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm skeptic about the UFO's !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have never seen an 'UFO' or aliens, thought i have requested for their attendance on several occasions

they 'apparently' shows up to the people who are ready to know them, but I'm ready long time ago and nothing

thanks!

anyone else feels the same ?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm thinking that the evidence in the many cases speaks for themselves, regardless if you've ever seen anything. Add those to the fact that the Universe is so large (containing an estimated 27 sextillion stars in the visible Universe, that is a 27 followed by 24 zeros.) and apparently now research is showing the basic building blocks of life are quite common I think it becomes quite obvious that when you look at the multitude of cases in combination with known science facts we are very likely only one of an untold amount of intelligent civilizations in the cosmos. I mean we have already discovered over 350 exoplanets with our very limited technology...

So logically I feel it is appropriate to deduce (based on the three aforementioned reasons) that we very likely are being visited by life not of this planet, possibly even other kinds of life(such as extradimensional, etc). It is only a matter of time before we find out for ourselves just how crowded it is 'up there'. Thanks for sharing..

[edit on 9/25/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
your thinking about it the wrong away. You can't just summon them outta space when your good an ready. Otherwise there would be alot more clear pictures of them.

most UFOs come down unexpectedly which is why there are so many of those "holy hell what the # s that in the sky" pictures and videos.

aliens have there own schedule when they feel like dropping by for some fresh cow or human to examine they come. best you can do is move to a rural area become a cattle rancher and stand in the field with a camera and a smile hoping they will come

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Having skepticism is not a bad thing. An open mind and a critical eye are paramount in learning anything unknown. Just try not to be so skeptical that you begin to refute what actual evidence there is for it is at that point that even your skepticism will become unbelievable. The Buddha was right. Take the middle path. The one between the two extremes. Not too tight. Not too loose. Just right.

Cheers and good luck with your skywatching!

Erik

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

Your skeptic about the millions of people world wide who've seen and taken pictures of unidentified objects? Only a handfull are hoaxers, there are many cases still left unexplained, just open your eyes.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

27 sextillion starts is a LOT of area to cover. What does our puny little system have that draws all these extraterrestrials, exactly?

I'm not a skeptic about extraterrestrial life, but I'm very skeptical about intelligent space-faring extraterrestrial life that's actually found Earth, and put enough interest in it to continue poking around it for all those millions of people with their camcorders and cameras.

But, of course, it's easy enough to just say "they're way more technically advanced, so there's some mystical reason".

That said, I do like looking at (and figuring out) videos and pictures, and I do wait for the day that I'm proven wrong about ETs visiting us. I'm just a guy that was a crazy believer years ago and finally got whittled down into a bitter skeptic after none of the amazing stories I read, heard, saw pictures and videos of, or had myself became fruitful in any sort of proof.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
You can't just summon them outta space when your good an ready.

That's not completely true. I've done it before. Conditions do have to be right, however.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
reply to post by angelx666

Your skeptic about the millions of people world wide who've seen and taken pictures of unidentified objects? Only a handfull are hoaxers, there are many cases still left unexplained, just open your eyes.

Doood...Albeit complete skepticism as I outlined above is not being totally honest with oneself. By the same token, completely believing at a level of laughable gullibility is the exact same mentality the gets children abducted by a passing stranger offering candy in an idling car.

Balance. Discernment. Applied critical reasoning. Weighing the evidence against known factors and repeatable relevant applications and experimentation.

The middle ground always leaves you with even choices and thus equal consequences. Practicing extreme judgment on either end will only leave you with a huge tumbling fall should you be wrong. You can't fall from the middle.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm not a skeptic and very much enjoy reading about them, but I have trouble rationalizing the idea of "believing" in Aliens when I do not believe in God. Why should my view on Aliens be any different then my view on God until proof is provided?

Obviously the chance of an "Alien" in some sort of biological form seems a bit less far fetched then a "man in the sky who controls all" and yes, my description of God there is vague, basic and generic.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I was going to show you a photo of a landed space craft 2 miles from my home but decided to show you the portal instead. The extreme left of the photograph is yours truly.....stepping out of the portal is a 8" tall aliens being. She was not the only person of alien descent who disembarked on planet earth via my "wormhole". It really saves time finding parking for outmoded spacecraft. The best material for building a craft that can attain the "speed of light" is light itself. The biggest problem they faced with harnessing light was divesting themselves of physical bodies that were in a constant state of need. I cannot choose not to believe, they are with me always. Please feel free to disregard everything i have said and shown.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

can you update the links? they are broken

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The links are not broken, i removed them. I felt i was trying to describe colors to people who could not see. It was frustrating to them and to me. If you REALLY look at this photograph of me then you will know what questions to ask. If you can't understand it then there is no use in wasting each others time. No one ever asked me where the "portal" came from. Isn't that strange?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelx666

I have never seen an 'UFO' or aliens, thought i have requested for their attendance on several occasions

they 'apparently' shows up to the people who are ready to know them, but I'm ready long time ago and nothing

thanks!

anyone else feels the same ?

No, I don't feels the same! I've had 6 sightings and, trust me, UFOs exist. But you're being silly in thinking that you can see one any time you want. It's known as serendipity or, accidentally. Yes, there are individuals who make an effort to see UFOs and some of them succeed. You have to put in the time. You have to be in the right place regardless of where that will be. That's why you hear or read: Keep looking up. Train your eyes on the sky.

You may see a UFO. But how will you recognize that it's a UFO? Have you familiarized yourself with human aircraft at all heights? Can you make out airplane wings when the plane is a "small" fighter or a large passenger plane at maximum altitude?

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
just b/c ur ready for something to happen doesnt mean it will occur wen u feel like it.
thats like wishing for money to drop from the sky.

top topics

join