It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media outrage over G20 protests?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
So, where is all the media outrage over the G20 protests? I'm seeing lots of violence, but a peculiar lack of insults and attacks on the protesters from the media. They are also down playing the violence, where as they played it up when the protesters were old people.

Compare this report:

With this one:

It seems that as long as you're not directly protesting Obama or Democrats its ok, but if you are watch out! Notice the complete lack of respect for the people at the tea party, but none of that in the other interview. I mean the guy gets hit by a protester and still cant bring himself to criticize them as stupid, angry or white.

I guarantee that if you watch the rest of the coverage its more of the same.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

THESE protesters aren't racist.

Only the others, were.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm not sure this is anything mysterious. CNN is a multinational, multibillion dollar media conglomerate. The G20 helps to maintain policies that benefits these entities, whether its CNN, Fox News, General Electric, Microsoft, or any other big company. Any coverage that throws the G20 (maintainers of pro transnational machines) into a negative light is de-emphasized, while any coverage that sensationalizes and sells, such as yelling town hall protesters, is emphasized to maximize profit.

It has very little to do with who's currently warming the seats of the POTUS or Congress.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wow the contempt that reporter shows in the second video is disgusting.
I would like to shake that man's hand, he is standing by his principles and what he believes in and look how he was treated and portrayed.

Not family viewing??? What the hell is she talking about?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

The G20 helps to maintain policies that benefits these entities, whether its CNN, Fox News, General Electric, Microsoft, or any other big company.

By that logic, shouldn't CNN be demonizing the protesters?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Why would CNN want to demonize these protesters? That would make them look like fox news. That's fox's job. If you watched their channel during the mainstream coverage of the debates you would know that they didn't really like what the protesters were doing and just smeared them... and just said that they don't like money so that's why they were doing it. If CNN was demonizing them more people would become aware that there is little difference between the reality the mainstream media gives people. They would know that CNN is a elitist schill.

new topics

top topics

join