It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Residents Evacuate The Area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I live in a very small town in Illinois and have been here for about 10 years. This morning I was sitting in my living room reading and suddenly heard a voice through a loud speaker saying, All residents evacuate the area immediately!!. I thought to myself, Oh, s**t !! Here it comes!!. a few seconds later the voice said, This is only a test. Now, my point is: Like i said, I've lived here for 10 years and they have NEVER done anything like this. I agree with the people on several other threads, things are spiraling out of control quickly and TPTB are rehearsing for the SHTF. Keep your eyes and ears open folks, it may be coming quicker than even WE think.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/9/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
There used to be tests of these systems regularly. It fell away for about 15 years, and was on the decline for another 15 before that. But this wouldn't exactly be new.

I'm sure you can find people on these boards who used to hear air raid sirens for practicing large scale emergency systems. I'm not middle aged, and I remember doing so.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This was different from the usual emergency drills, they have one of those every week on the same day. This was a vehicle cruising the blocks. That has never happened here in the last 10 years and that is what was unusual. Not gonna panic and run for the hills, just saying they are digging up old protocol or putting new ones into practice.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

I grew up in a very small town in Illinois - and I never remember this sort of "drill".
Thanks for posting. Hopefully others will do the same - if it happens where they are.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Do you live close to a nuclear facility?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker
reply to post by DAVID64

Do you live close to a nuclear facility?

I bet he does and I bet that the regular emergency tests he mentioned are on Wednesdays and I even bet I know where he lives!

Not to say that there is only one town in the country that does this but this one has been doing it for a very long time due to the nature of the business most people are in.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I live in a small town.

I live in Illinois.

I live within 20 miles of a Nuclear Facility (Zion-Closed to generating power, yet open to storing rods and heavy water)

No "alerting vehicles EVER did such a thing around here.

We have a siren test in the county (Lake) on the first Tuesday of every month at 10 am. All the emergency sirens go off and you can hear 4 or five from my house.

If a car went by doing so, I would stop and ask him "what was up?" And, "why in my neighborhood?"

Seems reasonable to ask, eh?

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Nope, don't live anywhere near a nuclear plant, and the drill is not on Wednesday. I live in Clark county, and like Lake, our regular drills are on Tuesdays at 10 a.m. and you can hear the sirens easily from my house. I couldn't see the vehicle that was announcing, it was on the next block over.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Ok, this is really weird. A week ago, the air raid siren went off in my town for about 20 minutes being tested. We have then been on holiday in Cornwall (south west England) for the past week and there we were woken by a siren going off for about half an hour or moreat 5am and then again for about another 40 minutes at about 8am then found a letter saying they were testing all the sirens. It probably is just a coincidence,especially because I do live in a different country but has anyone else experienced this here or elsewhere?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
My apologies to Admin for posting in all caps. Didn't know, but, that's my fault. Won't happen again.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It does seem that a lot of effort has gone into "testing" our responsiveness to drills and disasters. Considered as isolated incidents, it's no big deal.

Around me, we now have , for the first time (yes it was in existence before, but they've never advertised it here) all of these billboards promoting "ready.gov". We even have TV commercials. As I've said, I know that this program has been around for awhile, but I live in an area that doesn't get hurricanes, only one earthquake in the last 100 years or so (and nothing even shook), and maybe two tornadoes in the same time span. Up until now, they've never apparently thought we should "be ready".

You also have to consider the emergency drill in NYC, the swine flu drill in New Hampshire (was it Maine?), the change in role of the National Guard (now filling in for police), and all of the latest and greatest "improvements" to Homeland Security Act, not to mention WHO granting "pandemic" emergency capabilities to everyone.

Like I said, apart they mean nothing. But together, it begins to paint a picture that we (or our governments) are all gearing up -- for something.

I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden this has become necessary -- especially considering the lack of funds and the fact that all of these drills cost money.

They ususally only spend money on drills and testing when there's a surplus.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

They have been setting our sirens off around here for as long as I can remember. This is done since the sirens are used to signal when Shelter In Place orders are in effect. It has to be done here because of the chemical plants and the rail yards around here. Even though several of the plants have been idled or closed over the years, they still set them off. It only lasts for a three minute duration however. After a while though, we have gotten used to them.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

If you're talking about Antioch then I remember that too,

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Did you see the vehicle with the loud speaker? Was it an official gov't (local/state/fed) one?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

this was aprank by a moron cop most likely

new topics

top topics

join