It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetically engineered meat via "Cocoon"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

“Cocoon” is a sustainable response to the world’s growing population and its desire to consume meat and fish. Similar to heating popcorn in a microwave, Cocoon prepares genetically engineered and prepackaged meat and fish dishes by heating muscle cells identified by radio frequency identification (RFID) signals. The signals detect the specific dish and then suggest the required cooking time.

Link to interview with creator

I don't know about you, but if it cheap and tastes like meat, I'll be Cocooning me a simulated steak dinner pronto!

It doesn't really give much detail into the process, like if it just heats artificial meat or it has more of a hand in the production. Can't wait to find out more

[edit on 9/25/2009 by ZombieOctopus]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
i gotta tell u that sounds pretty nasty but i guess if we dont have animals with us might as well grow our own meat huh?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
I don't know about you, but if it cheap and tastes like meat, I'll be Cocooning me a simulated steak dinner pronto!

Yuck.. I suppose some people would eat anything..

I don't eat red meat, only fish and poultry -- and I'm slowly weaning myself off of those too.

This genetically altered food is exactly why we've become such a sick nation. And it looks like its only getting worse..

- Mea

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas Lux Mea

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

Yuck.. I suppose some people would eat anything..

I don't eat red meat, only fish and poultry -- and I'm slowly weaning myself off of those too.

This genetically altered food is exactly why we've become such a sick nation. And it looks like its only getting worse..

- Mea

Genetically modified food is the reason? Some people say that, but it always seems to be an argument from ignorance where it's simply asserted as fact.

How about deep fried butter as being indicative of the mindset of some of your fellow Americans.

If you make a list of the problems with the average American diet, genetically modified foods is so far down the list that it's a waste of ink to take it down.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Generally, I would go on some rant about how unhealthy this is.....yadda yadda yadda.....hormone free food this...... genetically modified food that.......blah blah blah......etc.

However, I think this just places us one step closer to those "replicators" on Star Trek. Just imagine it: "Computer, tex-mex steak fajitas and a zero calorie cherry coke."

Now that's something I could get used to!

[edit on 9/25/2009 by yadda333]

[edit on 9/25/2009 by yadda333]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Veritas Lux Mea

I do. And nothing can replace the taste of a good buffalo steak hot off the grill.

I think I'll do some beef ribs tomorrow before the cold sets in.

Point is, I'd rather go through the effort of grilling and smoking before I try this. There is no fire like a real fire.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
edit to pass the buck to IE, and such lame software as they are.

[edit on 9/26/2009 by Matyas]

top topics

join