It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada to host G8 and G20 summits next year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced Friday morning that Canada will host not just one, but two major economic summits next year, and will help usher in an important new role for the G20.

News emerged late Thursday that leaders had agreed the Group of Eight industrialized nations will be eclipsed by the G20 -- a larger group that includes important developing nations such as China and India.

As the host of the G8 meeting scheduled to be held in Huntsville, Ont. next year, the news means Canada will now be hosting both a G8 and a G20 meeting which will be co-chaired with South Korea.

www.ctv.ca...

I guess all I can really say is...start planning now.
Measure twice, cut once.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I remember the last time they held a summit there seeing the convoys of armored SUV's rolling down the 401 highway.

I wonder if they picked it again because Muskoka is so secluded it's hard to throw rallies or protests.

Makes you wonder what they are planning in the next g8 and g20.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yeah that region is pretty far removed from the major cities... although there was another summit held there in the past and there were still protestors. That area is beautiful in any event, truly is as close to paradise as you will find in Ontario, IMO. I hope people who travel there to demonstrate respect the area and not trash the place.

A friend of mine worked for some government office or another up there, and i recall her telling me they had to remove things like trash cans to prevent their use in any escalating violence, ie) people hucking them through windows, etc.

join