It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Brainstorm - Effective Protest Ideas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Let's kick this off. We should have done a thread like this a few weeks ago in preparations. Silly.

1.) Distribute simple, cheap, and white t-shirts to non-violent participants. Each shirt has a different article title of the US Constitution on the front of it. The article itself can be written IN FULL on the back. This way it can be seen via cameras and videos as well as law enforcement. As they haul protesters away, they will be confronted with a reminder of what oaths they once made. The same thing can be done with the Bill of Rights.

2.) Lines of police and military are standing in particular formations. Protesters should do the same. Peaceful, quiet, but altogether 'bold'. Standing face to face (albeit, yards away) may have tremendous psychological effects on the cops/military. Hinting subtly to a subconscious reflection and a reminder that both sides are the same.

Please add more, there are many people that are over there that can use a few suggestions.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
3) Distribute leaflets that outline what your protesting and why. That will get more people interested in your cause and also send a message that you know what your talking about and aren't here just to start trouble. adds some credibility.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
well if you really want to screw up the show, let me tell you what I
have dreamed up over the years.

1. you deposit your check in the bank on Friday - you withdraw it on Monday and redeposit it with your paycheck on Friday and withdraw on Monday. what this will do is cause waves of scarce dollars and then flush with dollars, this alone will crash the Federal Reserve System (the queens tax system on America)

2. drive 1 mile an hour faster than the slowest allowable speed. this will save you money and cost you time... no tickets and you use less fuel.

3. the rolling blackouts in california taught me how easy it was to hurt big business... simply dont use it. after all who is really in charge... corporate America is... and right now Corporate America is engaged in destroying our way of life with rights.

4. No Man ... White Shirts -- we pick a fortune 500 companies and basically... Picket them into lobbying for a better tomarrow instead of
destroying our country with our own money. so lets see if we can affect the unwittingly participants in this fascist take over of our country.

5. a petition, with 160 million signatures becomes FEDERAL LAW not by Proxy of Government but by mandate of the people.
of all the idea's I have thought of over the years this is the most do'able.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
We may want to take some inspiration from Mahatma Gandhi in this regard i.e. peaceful uncooperation at every level with government, take a look at this vid too

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

I like the second idea in the OP. It is a great way of subtly coercing the police. Sales professionals are often taught to mimic the body language, stature, and breathing patterns of customers. It adds to a sense of calm and trust. You can get them to go along with what you say easier because you appear to be an extension of their person.

It might not work as well on the large scale though.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Remember what MLK JR did? He got people too dress up in their sunday best so that they would look presentable on camera. He knew the world was watching and wanted everyone to look dignified. When you do that then the world more easily identifies with you and offers more sympathy.

A guy dressed in a cow costume doing hand stands to provoke police turns people against you. You automaticaly become a "nut job." Carrying signs reading "Get High Every Day" will not help your cause. Dress act and speak in a respectable manner. Then march down the middle of the street.

If you stay calm and peaceful when the cops turn on you they look inhumane. People see guys that look like storm troopers beating up college kids dressed like they're trying to earn an MBA. That will get people riled up quicker than puppets and black assassian outfits.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
i like the idea of this thread, and i'm sure i would have posted something like this before, but i remember an ATS policy that forbids "action plans"...

i guess this won't qualify as one though because it's not specific

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yeah Martin Luther King and Gandhi should be your inspirations.

In another thread i suggested all the protesters should face the police in a line and just start pointing and laughing. The police wouldn't expect such a bizzare response.

new topics

top topics

join