It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC terror attack apparently was set for Sept. 11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

NYC terror attack apparently was set for Sept. 11

news.yahoo.com

By IVAN MORENO, Associated Press Writer – 29 mins ago

DENVER – An Afghan immigrant wanted to carry out a massive New York City terror attack involving hydrogen peroxide bombs on commuter trains to coincide with the Sept. 11 anniversary before federal authorities foiled the plan, a U.S. prosecutor said Friday.

U.S. prosecutor Tim Neff told a federal judge in Denver that Najibullah Zazi "was intent on being in New York on 9/11" for a possible terror attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What's the verdict here guys?

Another scapegoat by TPTB to further the need and basis for war on oil, erm on Terror?

A guy who legitimately wanted to deliver these attacks because he thought it was morally right and was a part of his religious fulfillment?

I'm leaning more towards a poor schmuck who was programmed into thinking that what he was doing was the right thing. And I think he fell for the same trap many 'terrorists' do by US government of being supplied with everything and told to do this attack. But *poof* last minute was intercepted and foiled.

Followed by a,

"Oh no! Terrorists are still around we need to continue supporting this war and give up our freedoms to protect our freedom!"

Yeah, the above statement makes no sense. But look how willingly the majority of the US allowed the Patriot Act and subsequent infringements on liberties to protect our "Freedom."

I wonder if Toby Keith and Alan Jackson will capitalize on another "Yay Troops! Yay War!" CD in the near future?

-Sliadon

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

Woo...that was a close one. Well, I feel safe now knowing the government is doing their job. Hey! Chuck Liddell is on Dancing with the Stars and he can really dance!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
loll hydrogen peroxide bombs??? I know you can use a plastic coke bottle with baking soda and peroxide, frind has done it many times with his boss. he syas they can be loud and explode, but not enough to cause damage!! plus, you have to be on a ladder or high place and get the timing just right.... is this what the afghanistan was up too???

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
maybe 'they' want to see if amping up the terrorism threats in the media will be enough to push along a war without an all out false flag?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

And THAT is a great point. People will not look at this as Hydrogen Peroxide bombs. The average American will look at this as bombs.

Bombs = scary

Scary = willingness to support this because they don't want to feel 'scared'

-Sliadon

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
loll hydrogen peroxide bombs??? I know you can use a plastic coke bottle with baking soda and peroxide, frind has done it many times with his boss. he syas they can be loud and explode, but not enough to cause damage!! plus, you have to be on a ladder or high place and get the timing just right.... is this what the afghanistan was up too???

not quite the same thing here, ziggy.

www.msnbc.msn.com...
"With a hydrogen peroxide-based explosion, you won't get that kind of damage. They're more effective in a more confined space. When you hear about them being particularly horrific, it's a railroad car, a situation like London, rather than trying to bring down a big building," said Watts.

When mixed together to make a bomb, the material is so unstable, it can be triggered accidentally by heat or shock.

In a laboratory setting, a quart of the material exploding can destroy the entire lab, said Watts.

cheap materials. easy to obtain. deadly when properly mixed/constructed.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Interesting that he's an Afghani, right at the time that the top general over in Afghanistan said that we will lose that war if he doesn't get more troops and they don't have the political opinion, yet, to get Obama's approval.

They held a secret meeting today to discuss just that, I wonder if this guy came up in the meeting:

U.S. commanders hold secret meeting on Afghan troops

The top U.S. military official flew to Germany for an unannounced meeting on Friday with his commander in Afghanistan to discuss a request for more troops, military officials said.

McChrystal has said the Afghan mission was likely to fail without additional troops but such a request could be a hard sell given souring public opinion and a rising death toll in the 8-year-old conflict.

Just too convenient for my taste.

[edit on 25/9/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Haha that got a good laugh out of me. . . Chuck Liddell is decent but Frank Mir is intense as $#!+.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
More on the reality of H2O2 bombs.

A quart-sized container of homemade explosives is cheap, deadly and difficult to detect -- and that is exactly why the type of chemical bomb feared to be at the heart of an ongoing terror investigation worries law enforcement so much.

That type of weapon killed 52 people in the London transit system four years ago. During the morning rush hour of July 7, 2005, three men carried backpacks that exploded within 50 seconds of each other on three London Underground trains. A fourth bomb exploded on a bus nearly an hour later.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Score one again for us tinfoilers!

You people do realize that they'll try again?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
have to be honest here

im really not believing the whole terrorist thing

i mean supposedly they hate us with a passion, but nothings happened in all these years since 9/11

no follow up attack, nothing large or small

are we really supposed to believe all our "counter-terrorism" crap is that successful that they cant pull off one event in that many years, and miraculously we just happen to stop one that is going to take place on the anniversary

maybe there are a few real terrorists, but im really wondering how many are real, and how many were made by the people in charge of things

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Yeah its way to convenient. If it was a French national thats committing terrorist act, that would be more true than some Afghan committing terrorist attack, I mean there is no reason for an Afghan to commit terrorist attack in America, NO REASON AT ALL!!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Just so I am clear here:
The H2O2 bombs in question are actually the same ones used in the London bombings? Okay, I was starting to wonder what the problem was with H2O2 because I kept thinking the little bombs that go *POP* but do no real damage.

So this formula is probably not the easiest for one to get their hands on (I'll be ****ed if I google for it - no desire to know any details of how to make such a thing). The guy had the formula and some of the supplies...

Now, I do recall the media here in NYC was reporting that backpacks and cell phones were recovered, but no bombs nor bomb making materials. But the plans were on his computer.

So the bombs are still in play... or they never existed.

Well, today is as good a day as any for me to get a little exercise and walk home instead of taking the bus!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Beaten to the punch,well played sir.S&F I was gonna post this.
This stinks to high heaven and we all know it.I find quite convenient that this is taking place at a point in time where Obama's efforts on health care have stalled and his poll number dropping we have the general in command of Afghanistan pleading for more troops and giving dire warnings of defeat.I think the NYPD members of the JTF were right about questioning the FBI's motives with this "investigation."The Administration needs some sort of domestic victory here since Health care reform is a non-starter they moved onto counter-terrorism.

[edit on 023030p://5726 by mike dangerously]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

Sad story, I hope they don't come for me, I go to beauty stores sometimes, not that I'm gay but buy make up or Waxx for my sisters. ZZZ this is getting way out of hand.

I'm starting to wonder the extent of this operation, how many people have been spied on for being Muslim.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
So this formula is probably not the easiest for one to get their hands on (I'll be ****ed if I google for it - no desire to know any details of how to make such a thing). The guy had the formula and some of the supplies...

Its not illegal to find out how to make explosives.
Ive learned a lot about computer security without having any intent on hacking into a public site. Curious minds wants to know what makes something tick. This is not a crime.

Any country is seriously messed up when people have to ask their governments weather or not they are allowed to learn about something. Its called freedom, remember? Believe it or not, the government was created by the people, for the people, once upon a time. It seems to me that we are gradually accepting them telling us what we can do under the disguise of fake terror threats.

Thats fascism.

Remember when you were a kid and everything was new and exciting to learn about? Some people actually have that feeling even as adults. Picking things apart to find out how they work is fun. Learning about something is fun. Thats the hacker mentality. As with any knowledge, it can be used for good or bad. Like a gun.

Limiting knowledge is not a solution, its a crime.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
have to be honest here

im really not believing the whole terrorist thing

i mean supposedly they hate us with a passion, but nothings happened in all these years since 9/11

no follow up attack, nothing large or small

are we really supposed to believe all our "counter-terrorism" crap is that successful that they cant pull off one event in that many years, and miraculously we just happen to stop one that is going to take place on the anniversary

maybe there are a few real terrorists, but im really wondering how many are real, and how many were made by the people in charge of things

That's what I am beginning to wonder myself. Our leaders contradict themselves with how these are little more than men living in caves with guns one week, and then speak of how organized they are when "they" strike. Your point about how we magically seem to catch terrorists on the anniversary of 9/11 after a 8 year lull in the US is dead on. Surely there would be more isolated attacks.

I'm thinking if/when the lid is blown on the war on terrorism is when we will know the truth (or at least some truth) to the 9/11 attacks.

-Sliadon

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Sounds to me like a good way to show the G20 members that the US is a secure place to have a meeting. That coupled with the show of military force in Pittsburg.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mekanic

That sounds like a very feasible explanation to me. Do a little muscle flexing right before to show other nations that we aren't weak and give credence to our claims that terrorism is a real threat.

You have multiple cells broken up, arrests made in NY, Colorado, and Texas.

"Yup, looks like the US is doing a great job on their War on Terror. Never mind the fact that nothing has happened there in 8 years, great job America!"

Good call Mekanic.

-Sliadon

new topics

top topics

join