It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Area 51 Movie to be Released in Theatres

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
New Area 51 movie (first to be theatrically released), unfortunately this is all of the information available now...

The film "discovers" the found footage of a group who attempt to locate and break into the legendary secret military base rumored to house a crashed UFO.

Production is said to be taking place in Utah.

With "S4: The True Story of Bob Lazar" and other recent movies like "District 9" (a commercila & critical hit) "Fourth Kind" releasing this November, makes you wonder why the spate of such movies now...just thought this might grease the Disclosure debate...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This speculative topic was posted earlier this week.

SEARCH + FUNCTION = WISE.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

This is not speculation anymore, this is factual news I just found today on a popular movie website called Movieweb.com...this is further supported by the LA Times.

READ + COMPREHENSION = WISE.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by EclipseReloaded]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EclipseReloaded

This is not speculation anymore, this is factual news I just found on a popular movie website called Movieweb.com...this is further supported by the LA Times.

Perhaps if you posted links to these two sources, such guidance would be unnecessary. I could continue on with the this + that = BS, but why be a smart***?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinthematrix

This is not speculation anymore, this is factual news I just found on a popular movie website called Movieweb.com...this is further supported by the LA Times.

Perhaps if you posted links to these two sources, such guidance would be unnecessary. I could continue on with the this + that = BS, but why be a smart***?

Perhaps if you had read the first post, which stated that this is sourced from the LA Times, then this petty diatribe wouldn't have begun

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Perhaps if you had read the first post, which stated that this is sourced from the LA Times, then this petty diatribe wouldn't have begun

So did you find this story in the print version of the LAtimes, or the online version? If the latter, is there some reason for not posting the link?

I already searched 5 minutes without finding it but if you have a link you could save some people some time searching, thanks.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
They have been making alien/scifi movies for over 100 years and they have done nothing for discosure. District 9 does no more for UFOlogy than Alice in wonderland did.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

So did you find this story in the print version of the LAtimes, or the online version? If the latter, is there some reason for not posting the link?

I already searched 5 minutes without finding it but if you have a link you could save some people some time searching, thanks.

I found this news about the new Area 51 movie on MovieWeb.com, which cited the LA Times...here's the link to the LA Times article...you'll have to scroll down about 2/3rds down the article about the director's other movie project, "Paranormal Activity" (which incidentily impressed Steven Spielberg!):

New Area 51 Movie LA Times News Source Link

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I will watch this movie - but disclosure??? more like people make big $$$ off movies like this. i would love to be wrong but i have a feeling thats all it is.

no trailers or title or anything though? that "4th Kind" movie looks hot too.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I found this news about the new Area 51 movie on MovieWeb.com, which cited the LA Times...here's the link to the LA Times article...you'll have to scroll down about 2/3rds down the article about the director's other movie project, "Paranormal Activity" (which incidentily impressed Steven Spielberg!):

New Area 51 Movie LA Times News Source Link

U have to be kidding me. The LA Times article that is listed as The 'source' from Movieweb.com makes zero mention of anything related to Area51 movie other than they've picked up rights to the screenplay, which doesn't by any stretch mean a movie will be made. Sounds more like gossip or wishful thinking. Until Bob Lazar publicly backs this movie, I call bunk. Lazar has turned down 3 major offers already. I understand your eagerness to post something thread worthy, but this moviebiz is quite flaky....

Furthermore, your thread title makes a claim that the movie is to be 'released in theaters', yet the source u posted makes no such claim that the movie will be released. Lets also not forget: the film hasn't even been made yet!

[edit on 25-9-2009 by NightVision]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
They have been making alien/scifi movies for over 100 years and they have done nothing for discosure. District 9 does no more for UFOlogy than Alice in wonderland did.

The movies ARE disclosure, and as to "Alice in Wonderland" that is used for top secret code.. like Project Looking Glass and the Alice Portal at CERNS... and why do you think we 'go down the Rabbit Hole' when talking about UFO stuff.

SG1 is a reality show with embellishments to make it look cool
Even has THREE government agencies sponsoring it

[edit on 25-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Even has THREE government agencies sponsoring it

Does it now, Sir? Does it now? What more can you tell me about this? I watched every episode and if I remember correctly, didn't not one but two "real-life" American Air Force Generals appear very briefly in a couple of episodes? I may be wrong about that, so please correct me if I am (and if you are able). But more importantly, please tell me more about what you have just said.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
...Just as an addendum to my earlier comment, it should be noted that the reason Lazar has turned down the 3 previous offers to make a film about his experience, is because they always try to change the script to be more "hollywood", i.e., add in events that never happened. This ultimately damages the credibility of Lazar's account.

Lazar, on a previous C2C airing specifically described a scene written into one script where he was being chased by 'Govt. robots down the Vegas strip, as volcanoes spew molten rock into the sky in the background.' Needless to say, he turned down the the filmmakers. If the rights to this latest script really have been bought out, we can only hope they will stick to the facts. I am doubtful, but will wait for further info....

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Nightvision, you need to reread what has been mentioned & sourced and tone down your attitude, this is good news...to recap/argue again for your clarity:

1) I found this article about a new Area 51 movie on MovieWeb.com (Sept. 25, 2009), which stated:

a) "Director Oren Peli is set to directthe found-video thriller Area 51, according to The Los Angeles Times."....this is his next film project, after the internet/industry buzz spreading for his first film "Paranormal Activity."

b) "Production is said to be taking place in Utah. " ...this is past the screenplay sale/option process...moving into a greenlit Production.

2) Movieweb.com sourced this from the LA Times...albeit scarcely mentioned, this popular movie website did pick this up & this Area 51 movie is mentioned as his next film project:

"...says Peli, who's about to start filming his second feature, an original, found-video thriller called "Area 51."

Lastly...sure, Bob Lazar's participation in this movie project would be a great asset, but, whether or not he is involved or not, does not preclude this movie's production and theatrical release...

Hopefully, Lazar is involved in the other Area 51 movie, "S4: The True Story of Bob Lazar." Matt Damon is likely/heavily rumored to portray him since he wanted to play Bob in another film studio's S4 film years back.

So, this new Area 51 movie is not just loose talk around a studio watercooler, it is an actual movie project that is moving towards production in Utah soon after director Peli concludes his promotional work with his first film, Paranormal Activity.

Bottom line: now there are two Area 51 movies heading into production! Something most ATS members have been clamoring about for years

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightVisionhe was being chased by 'Govt. robots down the Vegas strip, as volcanoes spew molten rock into the sky in the background.'

But what is wrong with that

I mean we DO have a Volcano... its as regular as Old Faithful

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

I'd mostly agree but I have to say that Close Encounters had the most positive effect towards the attitude for disclosure of any film then or since. It was the first film (from memory) that took the alien / UFO story and it's various items such as sightings, abduction and meeting and showed it in a positive light

These were very intelligent beings just looking to study and make contact.

Suddenly the idea of Aliens was a nice subject, no more the horrendous beast eating heads etc.

Directly from Close encounters lead to the LA Olympics opening where the UFO lands and greets the earth. Rumours had surged that Steven Spielberg was being hired to produce a disclosure style film where we finally unveiled our friends from outer space.

Sadly it's still not happening..

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Mclaneinc]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Bob is working for Los Alamos again... part of the 'reinstatement' speech was "Now Bob, we won't be having any more trouble from you, will we?:

Things may change but I doubt he will be involved in a movie

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CadburyBut more importantly, please tell me more about what you have just said.

Well I can tell you a lot... but perhaps this is the wrong thread. We have a very long running (three years) thread on this and it covers both the ancient connection from the Sumerians (Undo's side) and intermixed with the modern tech (my side)

Sitchin has his cylinder seal to talk of Nibiru
Michael S. Heiser, Ph.D says 'Nibiru" means 'crossing point'

We have THREE cylider seals that show the gate

But this is the Bob Movie thread... I can send you more via U2U or join us in the thread. Don't expect you to read the whole thing but it wouldn't hurt to ski at least Undo's and my posts

Stargates are real
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Update from MovieWeb.com/Oct. 6, 2009 Area 51 moves into production:

"According to Variety, just as Paramount Pictures brings out "Paranormal Activity" into 40 cities this weekend, writer-director Oren Peli has already set up his follow-up film.

Next week production will commence on Area 51. The film will have the "found footage narrative structure of his last film and tell the story of three teens whose curiosity leads them to the notorious Area 51 part of Nellis Air Force Base in the Nevada desert."

Area 51 will have a $5 million dollar budget while Paranormal Activity only cost $11,000 to make.

"I'd rather not say anything about Area 51 except that I am very pleased to be working with the same team who stood by me for the two or three years it took Paranormal Activity to get into theaters," Peli stated." - MW

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Next week production will commence on Area 51. The film will have the "found footage narrative structure of his last film and tell the story of three teens whose curiosity leads them to the notorious Area 51 part of Nellis Air Force Base in the Nevada desert."

Earlier posts claimed this whole story was about Bob Lazar. If the above statement is true, you can bet that when this movie is released, you will find better film on teeth. What did they decide to just change the whole premise of the movie in the last 2 weeks? Jesus. How can you possibly give these people any credibility?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join