It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dimensional theory(yippie)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ok people, I have another one of my theories that has no proof what-so-ever.(yay, just tell me what's wrong with it, I want to know it has a chance)

DIMENSIONS
1 dimensional-Basic numbers, mathmatics, single variable equations. A number line.

2 dimensional-Flat graphs, x y coordinates. Double variable equations. Has a vertical and horizontal axis.

(sorry if this is hard to understand, I'm just stating what we already know)

3 dimensional-Objects exist. This is profound, 3D space is the only known place things exist. Three variable equations, x y z

This is where I wish I had a piece of paper to draw this out.

4 dimensional-The begginings of hyperspace.(for lack of a better word) Much like our numbers are one dimensional, these equations would be like numbers in hyperspace.

5 dimensional-Much like 4D, only you are now able to have a second dimesion in hyperspace.

6 dimensional-This is where it gets interesting. This would be like objects. This would be matter in another dimension. You would now have another set of three dimensional coordinates.(I really wish I had a peice of paper)

...lets skip ahead

9 dimensional-(this is where my theory twists)What if I am wrong. What if this is where objets start, and you need to square the number instead of adding three. This may actually be the begginings of hyperspace, but I'm not sure.
-----------------
What if, in looking for another dimension, we are not looking far enough. We actually need to look at the sixth dimension, instead of the fouth or fifth.

Or we assume time is the fourth dimension when it is not proven to be.(got this part of the idea from FM) Or what if time is the fourth dimension, and time, is actually numbers that are in the fourth dimension?

Tell me what you think.(it's not a very good theory, but it has the makings of a good foundation)

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
YIKES!!!

Dude, not trying to down you or nothing, but your 'theory' doesn't even deserve that title.

There's nothing there to work with. Nothing. Try again, but be more clear in what your trying to put across. At this point, I can't make head's or tail's on what your trying to say ...

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hi Joe
Well, this is a little over my head i think but the fact that your trying is priceless. Maybe someday we will figure out ways to test this stuff, but one thing for sure, it all starts with an idea.

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
ya you'd probably be better showing it on paper lol but since that isn't possible i guess i'm SOL. then how about like this. everything here is on a grid map. star out like this. the x and y axis are just as they would be horizontal and vertical. let us throw in a new axis, the z axis if you will.

1 D- easy enough. a point on the grid. any point.

2 D- this is any amount of lines or figures that do not extend into the space of the z axis. for example
SQUARES NOT CUBES!!!

3D- this is an object that occupies space that extends into the Z axis. from any four non repeating points on the 2-d plane of exsitance, to a fifth point somewhere in the positive or negative space on the Z axis.

once you begin the third dimension, you begin the universe. everything known to humanity is in the third plane of exsistance. let us not restrict our thought to the 3 d however. just as we cannot see light beyond visible light, we know xray gama UV waves are there. humans just aren't tuned to the other dimensions yet because of not having learned of them and developed technology to manipulate it.

4 D- the fourth dimension encompases more than hyperspace. it is merely the natrally occuring variables of the third dimension. time, energy, kinetic, potential, life, psi, chaos, everything, hyperspace as you call it is part of the third dimension i will attempt to explain later.
gravity is included in 4 d as well as matter, dark matter antimatter, anything and everything you name it.

5 D- the fifth dimension would be your hyperspace time and gravitic energies manipulated into being. hyperspace is a part of the 3 d that operates on a different timeline with different gravitic effects. since hyperspace has never been expierinced nothing i say is proven and doubtfully will be. current theories of hyperspace state it is a place where light travels normally and matter can mimic this speed, thus moving between points at great speeds. light is distorted at this level and becomes the realm of hyperspace. hyperspace would be only gravity, time, and light could be expirenced since other matter isn't moving IN hyperspace. so in theory it wouldn't be there in hyperspace but it'd still be there in the 3 d realm. time occurs normally in hyperspace since it is a change of speed not bending of space. gravity can occur if the object moving at hyperspeed through hyperspace has a gravitic generator. gravity can also pull things out of hyperspace. such as a planet or star. moving from example earth to jupiter in hyperspace....

the jump into 5D (hyperspace for ya) from 3D would be initiated after the craft (thing that will travel through hyperspace) leaves the gravitic body of earth. the engine would begin a generation of energy to be released at once to propel the ship into lightspeed through use of technologies unkownst to man at this time. hyperspace ends when the ship comes into the range of jupiters gravitic field. pulling the ship back to 3D. hyperspace is merely a path through the 3D universe at the speed of light.

6 D- this is any field of 4D enrgies being out into action. a black hole is an embodiment of gravity energy so it makes a black hole a 6 D object. 6D objects exsist in hyperspace as well. if you fly through a black hole in hyperspace, which may or may not be possible depending on if it was pulled out of 5D by the gravifield of the black hole, first of all your dead, but secondly it would accomplish the same result as if you were to fly through it in 3D space. the only real difference between 3 and 5 D is the rate of speed at which you travel through it and ability to observe 3D matter in the 5D. whew, back to 6D. all energies that move in the 3D that become active is the 6D. Chaos energy is a wild new energy made from disorder. this is where we get into other planes of exsistance. this is a whole new thing.

Chaos Theory ~ my Chaos theory is that there are two planes of the third dimensional universe. 3 D Order and 3 D Disorder. our universe is the universe of order. not political or social order damnit cause we all know that ain't true! the balance of natraulity of the universe. the regular birth death and life of stars and other matter. the births and deaths of galazies and planets, and peacefulness. the energies that cause the end of a star being natral, not unnatraul. imagine it this way. order is where human beings live in a society of golden age. without war, imagine social perfection. the only way to die is from old age. there is no such thing as accident. some things happen suddenly but not without reason. this is order. imagine our current world. this is disorder. where you can die of anything at any time. nothing is certain. things are always happening influenced by unknown powers from unknown origins. in the plain or disorder, everything that can go wrong is going wrong. stars are being born and destroyed by each other through forces of wild energy wild dark matter materializing into destruction. this plane has no planets they would be destroyed. just wild crazy potential of everything. energy is everywhere in everything. just motion. no rest.

now imagine that bits of Chaos can leak into our universe. that is where we get the idea that energy occurs in our realm between matter. how light reaches earth from the sun, everything is caused by the energies of chaos transformed into 4d energy that affects everything in the 3d. if energy in the Disorder 3D affects our own 3 D then how does Order 3 D affect disorder if it does at all. the truth is they are symbiotic. order that leaks into disorder gives the wild energy a place to go a place to manifest where it escapes into our own Order and back out again. it is a complicated balance that even i don't understand.

in this i belive that Chaos and Order are the only real balances in our universe. so here is the overview.

1 D- any point on the XYZ grid. anywhere in the 3 d that isn't 3D. like a dot.

2 D- a non 3D object, a SQUARE NOT A CUBE!!!

3 D- any object that contains volume and space. our universe expands forever and it is the 3 D.

4 D- any energies occuring in the 3 D that have a direct affect on the occupants of the 3 D. such as gravity pulling a planet into a star.

5 D- hyperspace. time, gravity, and light are in hyperspace but can only be witnessed. time is there because hyperspace is mere speed. gravity is necessary to hold in or release a ship into hyperspace. light can be witnessed becasue it moves with hyperspace.

6 D- any 4 D energies moving between 3 D alternates Chaos and Order. this could be more than energy at a point when a 'gate' could be opened between Chaos and Order.

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thanks PC-

That sounds a little like what I was trying to say.
I mean...If you look at it on a peice of paper, it makes more sense.

Sorry about the typing, it's really hard to explain drawings in words, especially when they are new to you.

The point I was trying to get across is that...err...points...no existance of objects occurs in threes. We are in the third dimension, and the next dimension, hyperspace(for lack of a better name), would be the sixth.(the fourth and fifth would be reoccurances of the first and second, except in hyperspace)

The sixth dimension is not visable to us, but we are probably visable to it, and anything in it.(confusing huh?)

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So Joe what you're saying is that physical objects can only occur in intervals of 3 dimensions? In the 3rd, 6th, 9th and so on if they keep going?

this is the first time i've ever read anything about this so sorry if i'm ignorant on the subject.

But if everything in higher dimensions affects the lower dimensions, if there's objects in the 6th dimension, 9th and so on, would they affect objects and existences in the 3rd dimension? Could objects exist in more than one at a time? Or if there is a dimension higher than the dimension time exists in...time doesn't exist in that dimension?

*sigh* so confusing

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
hey guys.. i suggest this book that i have read.

www.amazon.com...=1045617517/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-8837927-2568057?v=glance&s=books

it has topics regarding different dimensions, timewarps etc. here are some snippets from the book:

"The laws of nature are simpler in higher dimensions"
"In higher dimensions, we have enough 'room' to unify all known physical forces"
"Higher dimensional spaces are impossible to visualize; so it is futile even to try."

Also states that 'time' is the 4th dimension. For example: Someone says lets meet for lunch on the 24th floor of the building @ the corner of 42nd st. and 1st ave. With this information he has given us a 3D coordinate. To make this a 4D coordinate, the person would suggest a certain time to meet. e.g. 24th floor x 42nd st x 1st ave x 12:30pm

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i don't agree with it. time is merely the state of matter in two different sets of variables. that is what time is. a variable. not matter what two times you have nothing will be the same. and even if you were to set all the physical matter in place. the universe is still expanding. light is still occuring. and gravity still holds it all together along with dark and anti matter.

the idea of time as a dimension isn't a plausible as the idea of time as something that makes up a dimension.

and for the idea of us not being able to realize other dimensions it explained like this. the other dimensions DO exsist. it will someday be proven. but we as humans can't realize them. they are simply out of our range. just as we can't hear or see certain things, we know they're there or are making that noise. for example, microwaves are invisible but we can see them heat last nights pizza. we can't hear radio waves but we hear music on the radio. that is the same with dimensions. we can't exsist in the fifth dimension but we know it's there.

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I agree with Project Blazon. If anyone is interested in super string theory, the theory of everything, hyperspace, etc., read a book by Dr. Michio Kaku. You will not regret it. He also has a website:

www.mkaku.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You might also want to check out www.pbs.org...

It's not just Steven Hawking talking astrophysics here...It's also got a lot of other theories from many of the top names in the field.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is, IMO the most accurate description of the different dimensions...

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
This is, IMO the most accurate description of the different dimensions...
xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

Does this mean that you think I'm right?

After all, the only thing I talked about in that thread was more-r-less putting into layman's terms what bits-n-pieces I actually understand about a lot of the theories I've seen at the Steven Hawking's link...

[Edited on 21-2-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Yeah, I do think your posts there is accurate information (just like the other two members who posted there). I've seen the same thing in totally different sources. It' also , one of the only theories that includes the possibility of ghosts, higher dimensional beings, astral projection etc...

Also it's compatible with the chart of different frequencies of electromagnetic radiation (radio waves, visible light, infrared etc...)

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I try to understand how the pieces fit into the whole...But most people specialize in strictly-defined categories of various fields of thought without trying to put those pieces together.

It's been my observation in life that very few people try to see the forest because the trees keep blocking their view...

top topics

join