It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Giza Pyramids were made in 2470 says new evidence.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
New evidence says the pyramid was made in 2470 B.C, according to new research. What are your views on this??? Why would the egyptians build a sphinx thats supposedly around 5000BC then the pyramids thousands of years later???? Wasen't the sphinx supppose to guard the pyramids? What do you guys think about this????

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Was the Louvre Palace built to gaurd the glass pyramid. Or was the glass pyramid built after the Louvre Palace. You could say that the Louvre Palace was built around the glass pyramid to protect it and preserve it.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Your source is actually NatGeo? Thats like saying you believe in global warming because the UN said so.

You need to look up two gentlemen.

Dr. John West and Robert Schoch. They have better evidence that says the sphinx is onwards of about 10-12k years (due to weather/water erosion.

NatGeo is a lap dog to politics and the NWO. Leave science to REAL scientists.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by felonius]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Your source is actually NatGeo? Thats like saying you believe in global warming because the UN said so.

Dr. John West and Robert Schoch. They have better evidence that says the sphinx is onwards of about 10-12k years (due to weather/water erosion.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by felonius]

You might want to get the name correct its Robert Schoch
I did a research paper years ago on The Sphinx and water erosion and Mr. Schoch kindly responded to my emails and even gave me information to use for my paper which of course got me an A
I'm hoping I have a copy somewhere so I can post it one day....
www.robertschoch.com...
edit to fix link

[edit on 9/25/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Of course a couple guys trying to market to gullible New Age audiences are more authoritative than thousands of archeologists, Egyptologists, historians, geologists who've worked in their respective fields all thier lives.

Schock and West are a comedy team to those knowledgeable of Egyptian history. Overwheming evidence shows Egypt was a primitive hunter-gatherer society 10,000 BC and there is no substantiation of advanced tools and engineering.

But that doesn't mean anything. The paperback experts win with amateurs too lazy to do their homework because their theories appeal to adolescent romantic fantasies of lost ancient civlizations.

M

[edit on 25-9-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The article makes no mention of "new evidence", rather it is based entirely on the premise that Khufu is the actual builder of the Great Pyramid at Giza, and the custom of Pharaohs starting construction at the beginning of their rule. That is how they derived the GP's supposed age. Some theories contest whether Khufu built the GP or refurbished for his own use a much older edifice.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm sorry but the Egyptians plastered everything with writing. We have the greatest of all monuments with zip except for a questionable bit of graffiti claiming Khufu as the builder. I'm not buying it.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The article makes no mention of "new evidence", rather it is based entirely on the premise that Khufu is the actual builder of the Great Pyramid at Giza, and the custom of Pharaohs starting construction at the beginning of their rule. That is how they derived the GP's supposed age. Some theories contest whether Khufu built the GP or refurbished for his own use a much older edifice.

That's a legitimate question. Khufu was assigned the building as the most likely prospect.

There admittedly are gaps in or knowledge of ancient Egypt. Many things still to be discovered or no traces left.

But the 10,000 BC speculations are too far off the map.

Mike

[edit on 25-9-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Hello Maddogskull,

New evidence says the pyramid was made in 2470 B.C, according to new research. What are your views on this??? Why would the egyptians build a sphinx thats supposedly around 5000BC then the pyramids thousands of years later???? Wasen't the sphinx supppose to guard the pyramids? What do you guys think about this????

SC: The C14 dating of the carbon within the gypsum mortar of the GP supports (within a few hundred years) the orthodox dating for the construction of the Great Pyramid. Some, however, hold that such carbon was merely the result of repair work by Khufu to the Great Pyramid. What I personally find curious is that the wooden beams within the descending passage of the GP and within the chambers of the Red Pyramid and Meidum have not been tested. Certainly the wooden beams in the chambers of the Red and at Meidum could have been replaced in recent times but not the beam in the descending passage of the Great Pyramid since there is simply no turning room - this beam was set in place during construction. As far as I am presently aware, none of these wooden beams have ever been C14 dated or, if they have, the results have never been made public.

As for the Sphinx - there is a growing view among geologists and others that the Sphinx does indeed predate the Pyramids at Giza. By how much, however, is open to question.

The famous Inventory Stelle tells us that "Khufu ordered the construction of a monument to the length of the Sphinx". Okay - the Inventory Stelle post-dates Khufu by some 2,000 years and many orthodox folks regard it as unreliable on the basis that it was written long after the events it describes. This does not, however, prevent the very same folks from holding up the partial inscription of Khafre's name on the Dream Stelle as proof of Khafre's hand in constructing the Sphinx, even though this was written about 1,000 years after the events it describes. It seems that 1,000 years is acceptable but 2,000 years is not. Go figure.

(BTW - a curious fact of the length of the Great Pyramid is that it is precisely 3.14 (Pi) x the length of the Sphinx).

Now, further evidence in support that the Sphinx predates the Giza Pyramids comes from the very conservative Geologist, Colin Reader, who writes:

When considered in terms of the hydrology of the site, the distribution of degradation within the Sphinx enclosure indicates that the excavation of the Sphinx and the original construction of the Sphinx temple, pre-date Khufu's early Fourth Dynasty development at Giza. The spatial relationships between "Khafre's" causeway, the Sphinx and Khufu's quarries provides additional evidence that the causeway and the Sphinx were constructed some time before Khufu's quarrying began. The prominent location and close association of the Proto-mortuary temple with the causeway indicates that this structure may have also formed part of the early development of the site. –
‘Khufu Knew the Sphinx’

"...the casueway and the Sphinx were constructed some time before Khufu's quarrying began..." (Emphasis mine). How much "some time" actually was is anyone's guess.

Hope this is of some interest to you.

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

[edit on 25/9/2009 by Scott Creighton]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

lol evidence, they just added up some dates and looked at star charts - thats no better than the creationlists!

Basically it's well known, they even say so in the article, that one power group would take over and change the records to make the others look bad, sometimes totally smashing the glyphs off temples and pulling down statues 'dissapearing' the family in a soviet russian style.

How could this be even close to being right? I'm kinda suspect that this is politically motivated, maybe its from the no black pharoes gang? too hard to tell.

well good work for them coming up with a possible date, i suppose science can always add and subtract new kings and expand or shorten the reigns if we ever find more conclusive data - if not then i guess it's all guess work untill we invent the quantum timetravel cameras which will oneday bring history alive for us

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Well of course they are. Didn't you know, anyone who questions the mainstream is immediately right, and hte zanier their assertions, the more right they are!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull

Wasen't the sphinx supppose to guard the pyramids?

As the sphinx is older, that was probably never the intention. Anyway, it seems like the sphinx was not a cat after all. It may originally have been much bigger and may have looked like Anubis. The proportions of the sphinx body is "wrong" the way it looks now, a small head and a long body. It may have been damaged by an earthquake or something, and then turned into the sphinx we know today.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I go with dr. Daniel Jackson, 10.000 BC.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

I would like to believe that, but wouldn't they already of found the peices that some how got destroyed??? If what you stated is true, wouldn't they have some kind of writing,pictures somewhere around the ancient civilization showing the destruction of the sphinx?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I'm sorry but the Egyptians plastered everything with writing. We have the greatest of all monuments with zip except for a questionable bit of graffiti claiming Khufu as the builder.

Weren't the original casing stones covered in writing though? Before they were stolen...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

news.nationalgeographic.com...

This new evidence refers to a Pharaoh Kfuhu who himself wrote that he entered the great pyramid (and thats known and confirmed by egyptology) to gain knowledge, he also wrote that he renovated the pyramid.

You need to understand the underlying thread, Egyptians pride themselves on being the first to achieve such greatness, its not the first time that Egyptian archeologists make bombastic sensationalist statements that are made to cover the fear that permeats the egyptian academic society, that pyramids were not built by Egyptians.

Thats of course rubbish, the Pyramids were built by Egyptians but the year is more like 10000 B.C.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by BraveNeWorld]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Wasen't the sphinx supppose to guard the pyramids?

As the sphinx is older, that was probably never the intention. Anyway, it seems like the sphinx was not a cat after all. It may originally have been much bigger and may have looked like Anubis. The proportions of the sphinx body is "wrong" the way it looks now, a small head and a long body. It may have been damaged by an earthquake or something, and then turned into the sphinx we know today.

plus if the Sphinx was carved from a huge rock, that rock may have been sitting there for a million years before it was carved/shaped. so of course it would have erosion as oppossed to the Pyramids which were built brick by brick so to speak.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
to my knowlege you still cant build the pyramids in the time span they advertize , was it one stone every 3 minutes ?

besides , its not like egypt has been honest about their escevations, more then half of what has been found is either "lost" , "missplaced" or "forgotten"

and most of whats been found and brougth to light is under some sort of mosses conspiracy to claim the jewish reign in the region , could be a christian conspiracy to/aswell

to my knowlege , most of whats beneath the sands are built more then 14000 years ago.

its pre ice age

but i seppose we are the ones being keept in the dark ages

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

the fear that permeats the egyptian academic society, that pyramids were not built by Egyptians. Thats of course rubbish, the Pyramids were built by Egyptians but the year is more like 10000 B.C.

You are correct no such fear exists in Egyptian academic society nor in the wider world of Egyptology about who built the pyramids or when. Nor is there a single piece of evidence for a pyramid being build in 10,000 BC while there is a great deal of evidence for them being built in the old kingdom.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
why is everyone so sure the sphinx out dates the pyramids? because I believe the pyramids were built 12,500 years ago .My evidence? Simple,the pyramids would lay out exactly as the constellation of orion 12,500 years ago also don;t put to much faith in radio carbon dating it's guess work at best.
doernenburg.alien.de...
contenderministries.org...
the first link is for the age of the pyramids the second on radio carbon dating

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join