It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNSNews.com Administration Will Cut Border Patrol Deployed on U.S-Mexico Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
www.cnsnews.com...

Even though the Border Patrol now reports that almost 1,300 miles of the U.S.-Mexico border is not under effective control, and the Department of Justice says that vast stretches of the border are “easily breached,” and the Government Accountability Office has revealed that three persons “linked to terrorism” and 530 aliens from “special interest countries” were intercepted at Border Patrol checkpoints last year, the administration is nonetheless now planning to decrease the number of Border Patrol agents deployed on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Gee, this makes no sense at all.

and...

A Department of Homeland Security annual performance review updated by the Obama administration on May 7 said the Border Patrol “plans to move several hundred Agents from the Southwest Border to the Northern Border to meet the FY 2010 staffing requirements, with only a small increase in new agents for the Southwest Border in the same year.”

Yeah, we all know what a big problem we have dealing with illegal immigration from Canada.

Reports from other government agencies paint a vivid picture of the massive drug and alien smuggling that takes place in these uncontrolled expanses and the national security problem created by unsecured border lands.

Guess these "other" agencies are being ignored for some reason.

A Government Accountability Office report released on August 31 pointed out that the Border Patrol’s top priority is to stop terrorists and weapons of mass destruction from entering the United States and revealed that three person’s “linked to terrorism” and hundreds of aliens from “special interest countries” were intercepted at Border Patrol checkpoints in fiscal 2008. These checkpoints, which act as a final line of defense for the U.S. border, are typically set up on highways 25 to 100 miles north of the Mexican border.

So drug trafficing isn't to be impeded? I wonder why? CIA's getting a free pass to line its pockets.

I think we have an idea where the Obama agenda is heading. At this rate border patrol which is minimal now will disappear. I heard the the U.S. is the only country that does not effectively defend its borders.

I guess it would be impolite to put up a fence.
Let's just make a huge welcome mat.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
How are we supposed to take terrorism seriously if the border is wide open?

Move along folks, no change to see here.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Axeom]

join