It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commenting on Recent BAY AREA UFO EXPO Vids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I have watched the videos recently posted from the BAY AREA UFO EXPO. They are interesting to say the least. I wanted to comment on them or at least get a feel from my fellow ATS'ers on the stories and such. I tried to do so but quickly realized the comment section was disabled. Why? I have an idea and this is my personal opinion.

I love the UFO stuff and I am a believer. I try to watch every video or documentary available. I even will bring up cases around family members or at social gathers, just to listen to others perspectives. And I will say this, people who are closed minded don't want to hear any of it. And it's really hard to get them to just look at some of the interesting clues available to us.

And then there are these personal accounts. I truly believe these types stories are possible and that they may have happened. But why do these experiences only seem to happen to people that seem just a tad off. I'm not here to bash anybody or make fun but it seems all the people in these videos can easily and probably all ready have been labeled as "Nut jobs".

These videos do no justice for the UFO community. I'm sure these people believe what they have experienced and for the most part I will not judge them and take their word as true. I don't have to agree with all of it, but I will give them the chance to share, as long as they understand that I have the same right not to believe them.

This is not the case with non-believers. I showed a friend who is on the fence and instantly he says " these people are f-ed in the head". And the funny thing is I tend to agree with him. But I tell him you can't base your non-believing on the fact that a story teller looks strange. But this happens everyday.

Am I wrong thinking these videos hurt the UFO community?
I don't think so, but it wouldn't be the first time.

I would like to hear others comments.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Thanks to whoever S&F, but I want to hear comments.

line 2

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well my friend, this is all based on perspective. the reason all your friends think these people are nut jobs, is because on their perspective of life and reality. these people that went through all this stuff, may act differently because their perspective is totally different.

always take this into account. it is truth, fact, and should be used constantly. your friends are what we would call, in a box. they can't think outside of it, and they are being fed their perspectives, and not getting it for themselves.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by gandhi]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

A-men brotha!

Sad place and times we live in, isn't it?

new topics

top topics

join