It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long lost cities...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If there was super advanced civilizations back in the day(wayyyyyyyyyy back in the day) do you think its possible they blew eachother up or hurt eachother in some way that made them go down technologicaly. say they had cities like how we do now, but they were very few of them. if they went down in technology(scientists killed, doctors dead, etc.) they would have to start over. right? what if we are at the same point as they were back then? exept we are far FAR more populated. do you think its possible that has occured at one point or another?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think that it is possible that two advanced civilizations exterminated each other long ago...
One interesting story in the Indian Veda's sort of goes along with this theory; The story describes what seem like nuclear weapons being used in an ancient war.
Perhaps even more intriguing is the fact that there are a few places in India that are supposedly irradiated even though there haven't been any nuclear explosions there.

here's some links that should help:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.para-normal.com...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterofpuppets
If there was super advanced civilizations back in the day(wayyyyyyyyyy back in the day) do you think its possible they blew eachother up or hurt eachother in some way that made them go down technologicaly.

Then where is the left over technology? I don't see any way that it could have been completely destroyed. Even the dinosaurs left traces behind.

The only way that I could see this being possible is that their technology would have had to be much more nature oriented so as not to leave traces that we could define as technological as we would define it.

new topics

join