It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American sheeple watch over 8hrs of TV per day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Very little television do I watch. Generally, when I do, it is something on Discovery or the History channel. I'd say that 8 hours a day is probably a conservative estimate for a lot of people. I know some people who probably watch as much television in a day as I do in a week.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Like others have said, this doesn't seem possible. Eight hours for work, eight hours for sleep, errands, getting ready for work in the morning, cooking or eating out, housework, yard work, leisure activities, etc.

Eight hours of television doesn't even sound possible for the average person. Like others have also said, surely there are those who watch television for 8 hours a day or maybe 8 hours of collective electronic leisure (video games, television, internet, telephone, etc.) but there is no way this is the AVERAGE for Americans.

Maybe retirees, the unemployed, children on summer vacation, or something along those lines but the national average for the common citizen? No way.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
LOL nice thread.

Its meant to distract people from what is actually going on and subtracts 10 critical thinking points per 5.67 hours of television watched.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by bubbapug1985]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
On that subject. The television manufacturing companies will never integrate tv with internet because that 8 hours of TV would turn into 8 hours of YouTube. Next step after that, Revolution.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hmm, funnily enough I haven't been watching much tele lately. A month ago I couldn't sit in the living room without having the tv on- no matter what was on (though if the situation was dire I'd put a DVD on or something). Now, when I get up in the morning, I can't be bothered to put the blumin thing on and I just get on with something else. I fell good about it, but not because I'm not watching anything- because I've got time to do other things that I otherwise would have been distracted from. I'm a big film buff so I'll still watch DVDs (and Eastenders
) but that's it really for me now. Still, got Ms. Marple on at the moment

Ramadwarf on a welcome break from tv

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hey warren, whats up? You won't find me in that box of cracker jacks pal.
I'm on ATS 24-7-365 and that's right, I been up since New years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join