It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed hearing on HR 1207 Happening right now! Sept 25th

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I agree that there is a good chance they will try and water it down, but I think it was Grayson or Woods that said if any changes are made to this bill to make it less effective the public will become more suspicious of what the Fed is trying to hide. If they do water it down we know there will be a few reps still supporting the public demand for transparency.

The only thing I am wondering is if the Fed and the IMF already know that it's going to happened and have made a back up plan to blame the people it will have to disclose taking the money. Then in the aftermath set up a new banking system that favors only the super big banking groups in a revised misleading format.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

I did a quick search on additional hearings on youtube. I found one from 2 days ago I don't know the exact subject but if you look in the beginning of the video one thing you will notice right away are photographers in the room. As well as a lot of people on the sidelines.

Maybe someone can shed light if it is normal during these hearings to get more press coverage than was seen today.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
threekings, I think "Iamonlyhuman" answered your question on page 2....

"This is a committee hearing - Committee on Financial Services. The only people in attendance are committee members, Fed representatives and witnesses.

It has to pass this committee before going to the full house and then the senate."

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Anyone know what time they get back from recess? I missed the first part but I will be damned if i miss the 2nd part.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Wow, this somehow is reminescent of watching a hurricane building strength and heading towards the mainland. Just about anytime politicians have stood up to the central banking establishments, something nasty happens though so let's hope for the best here. Thanks for the thread threekings, S&F.

Good point. Historically speaking, people that act out against the fed usually end up in not-so-favorable situations involving either bullets or poison. I wonder if RP has a beefed up security detail? It would not surprise me at all to see him end up on the wrong end of a 'mechanical failure' or 'random shooting'. If he ruffles too many feathers, there will be some sort of message sent.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Well
if anything were to happen to RP after this I think it would be very clear to everyone who was behind it
I think the FED are smarter than that

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
tom woods is very smart and knows his stuff and history,,,, i was at the c4l conf where he spoke last week and he blew my mind,,,,

whiney frank reprimanding him was just stupid and trying to overshadow his testimony

also was suprised,,, maybe not surprised, that brad sherman is on board with this as well

i like him sometimes because he too tells it like it is,,,,and he is more about right and wrong than party affiliation

not many people in the hearing both mbrs or spectators,,, a little dissappointed

looked like only campaign for liberty people and only 5 or 6 of em

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

Here is from Tom Woods this morning.

www.campaignforliberty.com...

I am speaking this morning in support of HR 1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act. As the Committee knows, this bill would require a full audit of the Federal Reserve by the Government Accountability Office (GAO).

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
geez, Clinton's soo old, almost didn't recognise him

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If you missed it!
Here is Grayson going at it.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
just watching it on cspan...gotta love graysons tie. made me lol

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to think anymore...
Just destroy the UN, the Fed, the IMF. the WHO...all of you die ...
Never return. Power hungry slobs of the earth, scum of evil, putrid pestilence.
I just hope we are not too late in waking up...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by antmax21

I hear ya! problem is its not only the Fed that needs ending, everything needs to be destroyed and rebuilt from the ground up, the only way thats gona happen is if theres a revolution and not just in america, it has to be global. I hope this is only the beginning, but I really cant see the fed ending, even if they do end theyll find a way to worm themselves back into the system.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Thank you all for the great contributions you made to this post. I wasn't able to watch it so this was a awesome run down. You guys beat the heck out of MSM!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Anyone know if this is gonna be archived so I can watch it later? At work now, sigh.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
that grayson! I swear watching that was comparable to the action at a football game or something (provided you're into that)

Is there a full video of today's hearing?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by threekings
reply to post by patmac

I did a quick search on additional hearings on youtube. I found one from 2 days ago I don't know the exact subject but if you look in the beginning of the video one thing you will notice right away are photographers in the room. As well as a lot of people on the sidelines.

Maybe someone can shed light if it is normal during these hearings to get more press coverage than was seen today.

This was the opening for the hearings. The Wash Press Club sends members to cover the openings and developments and endings. The press usually doesn't stick around, especially with a live feed/broadcast. Those assigned will just obtain copies of the live feed and go do other assignments.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by threekings

hahahaha
ahh poor guy loks terrified
he can hardly look Grayson in the eyes let alone stop fidgeting

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Thanks for posting this!

This is great stuff! I'm really liking what Grayson is doing. He's much more to the point and better at questioning the Fed. He doesn't take bull.

I like him. Great job Grayson! Support Grayson, Paul, DeMint, and Sanders in an audit to the FED!!!!

These are the leaders in a fight for the audit..we need to support them!

By the way...what's with the tie! That's something you'd think the Bernanke would be wearing!

[edit on 25-9-2009 by David9176]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thanks for a helpful thread on an eventful day

I must say the FED's lawyer both looked and acted... like a weasel.

I know... terribly judgmental of me... but when something so cliche is just sitting there plain as day.. and acting exactly how you'd expect (transparent deflection attempts etc.)... it's hard not to look at it like that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join