It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed hearing on HR 1207 Happening right now! Sept 25th

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Does anyone else think that it's strange that there aren't that many people that are actually participating in this hearing? I see nothing but empty seats. I know that this is somewhat normal, but it is hardly ever THIS bare.

For something this important, this kind of appears sketchy.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by patmac

It is shameful that more of elected representatives are at this hearing.

I'm definitely keeping tabs on the ones who are testifying. A lot of them seem to be just going through the motions.

link   
reply to post by patmac

This is a committee hearing - Committee on Financial Services. The only people in attendance are committee members, Fed representatives and witnesses.

It has to pass this committee before going to the full house and then the senate.

[edit on 25/9/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

link   
I noticed the bare seats too. Can't be in recess can they? Maybe they are so convinced to vote for it they don't even care to hear the discussion until voting time. xD

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Forgive me for my unfamiliarity with US politics but what is the exact purpose of this hearing, to see if the bill is going up for a house vote?

And when will it go it go to the house for a vote?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by patmac

This is a committee hearing - Committee on Financial Services. The only people in attendance are committee members, Fed representatives and witnesses.

It has to pass this committee before going to the full house and then the senate.

Thanks for that info

What up with the guy with a protest sign, didn't see it?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Who was the guy in sunglasses and a green jacket they were griping about?

Something about a sign? What sign did he have?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

One thing is for sure, a lot of these politicians have no understanding how exactly the Fed works and it is scary that they don't understand monetary policy.

They need Grayson back on the microphone.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by threekings

All laws start in committee. There are all kinds of committees. Once a representative or senator (or the president) writes a bill it is taken to the respective committee for tuning and a vote on whether to take it further. If it passes committee then, if originated in the house (in this case it was by Rep. Ron Paul) it goes to the full house for a vote. If it passes there, it goes for a full Senate vote. If it passes there, it goes to the POTUS to either sign into law or veto. If it's vetoed then it goes back to Congress (the House AND the Senate) for revote to override the POTUS veto.

Both the House and the Senate have this procedure for passing laws.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by threekings
reply to post by lucentenigma

One thing is for sure, a lot of these politicians have no understanding how exactly the Fed works and it is scary that they don't understand monetary policy.

They need Grayson back on the microphone.

Agreed, Grayson threw off the gloves and is ready to brawl.

Should have yield more time for him.

I will be writing Paul and Grayson today to show support.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
We must focus on 1207, they are stonewalling it as we speak!

RP has been trying to get this bill a hearing for 25+ years and its happening

RIGHT NOW

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Thanks for clearing that up. I wonder what is going to happen to this bill if it continues further. There have to be a lot of special interests opposing it.

Do you know how quickly it will be up for the next vote?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the links, but if anyone is like me I was looking for a t.v. station that has it. In case anyone is interested it is airing on CSPAN 3.

Interesting stuff!!!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
we've been discussing this topic for quite a while, and still are, on this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Was that it? Are they just at recess?

Don't they (committee) supposed to vote today?

link   
There were a couple more off camera comments during the recess. I think it was someone talking to the guy holding the sign. All I could make out was ' You won't be coming back into this room..." and something about and apology.

Just think what you could get out of the reps and the fed members if you had some of their offices bugged

link   
Wow, this somehow is reminescent of watching a hurricane building strength and heading towards the mainland. Just about anytime politicians have stood up to the central banking establishments, something nasty happens though so let's hope for the best here. Thanks for the thread threekings, S&F.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by threekings

It will pass this committee vote. Paul has been working this particular bill since February and in the current the political climate there is no chance anyone is going to be willing to state publicly that they support the secrecy of the Fed. He's gotten 295 co-sponsors.

However, I have always said since the beginning that I believe what will happen will be that the bill will be watered down. Can't have too much transparency now, can we? Just enough to quell the public outrage for a while.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Is it really the fact that events are speeding up or is it the fact that events are progressing at their normal rate? The internet is a powerful tool for connecting us all together and as people become aware of what has been going on they are starting to speak out. Have we been living in a "stone age" with the lack of information and communication and now we have the tools we need to hear about it?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
someone put the whole video on utube
. im at work, wish i could watch it.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join