It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first throes of Civil War are here

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by kinda kurious

Oh that sounds fimiliar to me.....

What else looks and sounds fimiliar?

www.myconfinedspace.com...

There were also a number of southern states that threatened to "break away" if de-segregation came around.

Oh Im gettin' deja vu all over KK...

Mind you though its been 9 months and howmany threads threatening revolution and civil war?

It appears that the rightwing are incapable of winning elections and arguing the real issues. When democracy kicks in not to their liking, its war all over again

SG

For your information I am not a right winger nor a left winger.

I am an independent. If you pressed my political leaning I would have to tell you that I believe in anarchy. I would call myself a REALISTIC anarchist as i do not believe anarchy can be achieved in my life time.

How ever I doubt you have researched politics enough to understand the true meaning of the philosophy

[edit on 25-9-2009 by titorite]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ninecrimes

NINECRIMES
You read past the first paragraph, otherwise you would not be able to post your thread. lol
think before you post. lol

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I feel like we have stepped fully into the pages of a Matthew Bracken novel.

Perhaps it will take war to bring the masses together to fight that which oppresses? Of course that would tend more towards revolution...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

You called me a bigot. Explain yourself.

From some of your posts on recent threads.......

Originally posted by titorite
We support the idea of seperation.... but Perry is not gonna be the man to lead us...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can only hope those of us that opposed Obama speaking the the children of the nation can now be a bit more understood...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I’d say it is obvious you have an inherent bias. You don’t like our President and you want your state to secede. Uh I think I catch your drift. Your "essence."

[edit on 25-9-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
Nice picture Kakusa

I hate to say this but everything that's happening right now in the world screams Titor to me. I don't believe his time travel story, BUT the things he said are so eerily similar to recent events it's nearly impossible to write him off.

This is happening, we've known about it for years, but now it's actually happening.

Get ready all, going to be a bumpy ride.

The more one goes back to read Titor, the more one does have to admit....it is eerily similar.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I spoke of seeing the beginning signs not and all out outbreak

No, it hasn't. However, these posts are a dime a dozen. A bunch of misinformed paranoid uber-patriots circle jerking each other with patriotic tissue-paper paraphernalia sentiments while they relish in glee the fantasy of destroying the infrastructure which ALL our lives and loved ones's lives depend upon. Stoked to indignation by irons from hands you cannot, will not, even recognize. The movement is corrupted by racists, political maneuvering, and baffoons who care more for placing a parading shock statements on their placards than being seen as a mental competent.

If you feel the wind of change against your neck, and you support and rally the cause of that rebellion, if you truly believe the throes have started - then I call you a coward and a moral charlatan for dallying in internet shenanigans rather than working to bring about that end.

Revolution is not coming. And this thread is pointless. You words are hollow.

And if you do not see the first signs then you do not understand the Boston tea party and the tea parties of today!

I understand full well the events, the motivations, and the effects of the Boston Tea Party. I wish I could say I didn't understand the "teabaggers" of today, but unfortunately, I feel I have a good conceptualization of situation, as well some of the undercurrents below the surface. Undercurrents that perhaps don't represent many in the movement, but which sweep them along just the same. It is a movement which draws on the imagery and the inspiration of the founding fathers - yet parades around cardboard cutout images of their faces and sickening parodies of their views. None so more evident than the mouthpiece Bob Basso who so proudly dons the name and mantle of Thomas Paine, while shamelessly spewing fortune cookie patriotism and "common sense", which at best are ignorant of Paine's own views - and at worst their utter antithesis. How can these fools who claim to embrace the vision of the founding fathers know so little of Paine's beyond which serve their immediate purpose? As if existing in some other universe. Rather than honor the man who inspired and framed the American Ideal, they become just another blotched chapter in his sad story.

History has parallels. If you refuse to see them then fie on you!

Indeed it does Shay. Indeed it does. I'm sure Paine would agree, as well. Today, as in his life time, his inspiration and his honor are evoked only to the extent in which they were useful as a means to an end - then discarded like rubbish.

Paine's Letter to Washington, 1796

This is the ground upon which America now stands. All her rights of commerce and navigation are to begin anew, and that with loss of character to begin with. If there is sense enough left in the heart to call a blush into the cheek, the Washington Administration must be ashamed to appear. And as to you, Sir, treacherous in private friendship (for so you have been to me, and that in the day of danger) and a hypocrite in public life, the world will be puzzled to decide whether you are an apostate or an impostor; whether you have abandoned good principles, or whether you ever had any.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Just want to add, since I see a lot things on communism and capitalism.

Communism has never advanced mankind for the better. It hasn't produced anything that has made the world and humanity better.

Western Capitalism has. We have advanced science and technology, new industrial methods, while uplifting as many people as possible WHO CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE in society. THAT IS FACT!

However, something happened in the 90s. Greed and immorality permeated the halls of government and corporate boardrooms. A million dollar payday wasn't enough....it had to be hundreds of millions at the expense of laying off 10k factory workers and shipping off those jobs to China, while lobbyists made sure it happened, and our treasonous officials sold us down the river in the name of free trade.

Free trade is a theory and a scam. It only works if everything is harmonized. It doesn't work when you trade with scoundrels, commies, and treasonous persons. This form of capitalism is what I call unrepentant capitalism. It is unchecked by government (because it bought them out) and they run roughshod over the people. You know their names, I don't have to repeat them.

We no longer have a nation people. We are one giant corporate state, and a nazified one at that. We are indeed slaves. We are taxed to hell, we have had many freedoms stripped, and it gets worse by the hour.

There is only one thing left. When the time comes...you take as many out as you can before you go. That is all that is left. It is inevitable. Unless God or Jesus comes back himself with a vengeance, no one will save us. No one. Take solace in the fact of eternal life and do not fear death.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
All i can say in my opinion is that this is a world wide phenomena not just the US alone. everyone should watch the British that's going to be the bloodiest civil war in that country history this will finally kill off the British empire.
i am a white person we account for 7% of the world population we are a dieing race and we did it to ourselves with fluoride aspartame etc... we have been on this suicidal path for decades Europe is dieing America is dieing Canada Australia we are all being poisoned off i think the aliens are taking the white race out we are being scrubbed out of the earth matrix as our MODEL does not work i truly believe this is a prison planet and the watchers are the ones poisoning us all off this Rock. i say start WW3 know and radiate the planet that way no one gets it to the hell with the GREYS REPTILIANS lets have the last laugh.lets nuke ourselves.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nick333
All i can say in my opinion is that this is a world wide phenomena not just the US alone. everyone should watch the British that's going to be the bloodiest civil war in that country history this will finally kill off the British empire.
i am a white person we account for 7% of the world population we are a dieing race and we did it to ourselves with fluoride aspartame etc... we have been on this suicidal path for decades Europe is dieing America is dieing Canada Australia we are all being poisoned off i think the aliens are taking the white race out we are being scrubbed out of the earth matrix as our MODEL does not work i truly believe this is a prison planet and the watchers are the ones poisoning us all off this Rock. i say start WW3 know and radiate the planet that way no one gets it to the hell with the GREYS REPTILIANS lets have the last laugh.lets nuke ourselves.

Whew, thanks for the clarification. Just nukes an aliens. For a minute there I thought a bunch of Civil War Re-enactors were thretening to overthrow the US government.

I feel so relieved.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I am sorry. 8 pages of this BS??????? what the hell are you all saying? I am older than most of you and young enough to be indifferent to all the hype and exaggeration that this thread has conjured!!! It is simply another string in a tangled skein that is our past present and future!! Please be advised that THIS kind of thread is demoralizing and insufficient in its content. I must agree with Schroedingersdog, meh!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I can see you are a tad biased yourself. You just do not understand where I come from but I am glad you can navigate ATS finally.

If you had read more of my postings you would see how much I disliked BUSH.

I am not a partisan person.

Tell me when the patriot act was repealed under Obama.

Tell me when did we leave Afghanistan under Obama.

Tell me when did the warrentless wire taps stop under Obama.

Tell me because all I see is SSDD. Same Stuff Different Dictator.

It does not matter who is in power they still march to the tune of the same drum. It has nothing to do with race as you biasedly attempt to point out for your own agenda.

I do not live in Texas currently... But I am still Texan. I would like to see Texas break free. Not under Governor Perry. If you had paid attention to my post you quote you would of understood that. Perry is a BushBot...heck he is Bushes BFF and he is attempting to Ruin Texas.... Our state Congress had to explain to Perry in slow speech what his powers were and weren't because for awhile he thought he had executive authority...

Anyways...

Deny ignorance bro

I am not a bigot....but you may still need to look long and hard into the mirror.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I have decided that once all hell breaks loose, and it is obvious that industrial strength POO is flying all over and hitting the proverbial fan, I'll lay low and assess my options.

I believe in the way of the chameleon...never showing your true colors or ambitions.

The first major culling will be those who are the first line of patriots who fight back...which is beginning to happen now. Protest marches, Tea parties, Town Halls that speak out against blatant federal tyranny, will be seen as terrorist activity. The feds are taking notice, and taking down names and addresses...many arrests are coming.

The next wave of taking control of those who refuse to capitulate, will be martial law, and making weapons possession illegal. The great gun grab will begin. The supreme court will not lift a finger to rule against the second amendment violations.

This is where things will get dicey...because many will fight back with intense firepower to keep their guns. Expect an unprecedented media feeding frenzy once that starts! Of course the lawful gun owner will be the new bogeyman...

There will be a very obvious news black out, and misinformation campaign about what is taking place across the nation. Web sites like this one, will be cyber attacked and rendered impudent. Even cell phones will be iffy. Right now, news is all over the map as far as truth is concerned. It will get so bad, you won't be able to believe anything.

I have a trusty old manual type writer to write things down, and a large supply of pens and pencils, plus paper. If the electrical grid goes down, for whatever reason...communicating the old fashioned way will be the only way left. Hand written letters and notes may end up being the last resort.

I am a firm believer that the US dollar is headed for the monetary scrap heap. Millions are going to loose everything. Millions are on the brink of it now. It won't take much to push them off of the cliff into insolvency.
ObamaNations new directives and Imperial decrees will take effect. This will be the final can of gasoline thrown on the collective fire of our current system. All out civil war will tear this nation into many parts...especially when foreign troops start patrolling our neighborhoods.

In conjunction will all that, I expect that we will be hit with serious internal attacks of open terrorism. Maybe even a small nuclear device, or dirty bomb. Add in any unforeseeable natural disasters...the problems compound.

Everything is culminating into a cauldron of civil unrest and destruction of the USA as we know it. I doubt very much that it can be stopped.

So, I will lay low, and wait...then I will do what is necessary to survive without risking getting my family killed. It'll be hard to trust anyone, once SHTF!

If you haven't discussed contingent plans with your family, and what and how far you'll go to get through a civil war, you had better start.

I can't imagine how many more warnings signs your going to need, before you wake up, and smell the smoke of world wide war kindling.

The UN gathering and G20 summit in PA, are both smoke screens of misdirection, shifting focus away from the slight of hand going on in the House Health Care rumble, and our mismanagement of the Afghan War, and reemergence of terrorism in Iraq. Israel is going to attack Iran...not a matter of IF, but when! I'd bet on the next six months, or sooner. The whole match box of the Middle East will ignite once it starts with a single hit at Iran.

If you pray at all, pray for our nation...it is going to need it!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

No, it's flippin' COLD here (Finland). I grew up in the southern USA so it was quite a shock. Took me years to get used to it.

But I don't have to worry about war here. Finland has only a defensive military and all males are conscripted for a minimum of half a year. My son is doing his service now but signed on for a year. He's a Pasi driver now.

Education is free here, right through university. Unlike in the States (at least) where your basic degree is a Bachelor's, here it is a Master's. You haven't really completed your basic education without it. All teachers, from daycare up, have Master's degrees. Having said that, these people are some of the most sheeplike of any I've ever seen. But nobody pushes anybody else too hard so I've yet to see them get raise their ire about anything. That time will come though, I'm sure.

Oh, and the language is nothing short of torturous. To make things worse, there are two national languages: Finnish and Swedish. Yep, two languages you're likely to bump into on a regular basis out in the wider world.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PenandSword

You must be joking. In the 90s?! What rock have you been under?

I'm sorry but honestly...you need to get out more. Your world - your capitalistic democracy - is crashing all around you and you're still trying to tell us that it's the finest and only right way? Get outta here!
What a comedian.

It's time for a new start. New ideas and the commitment to being genuinely good to one another from here on out. Take some time and think about things. You're going to have a really rough ride for the next few years but it will be worth it in the end. Rome fell too because of her decadence. It's your turn now. Learn from history this time though, eh? And yes, the UK will fall too but the US is an apple that didn't fall far from the tree so that was inevitable. See what is wrong with your ways and correct them now before things go literally up in smoke. The time has come to face the music.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

It only takes one spark to ignite a nation's population.

if that's true
you would be
on the streets
having a massive
protests a long,
long time ago

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Well civil war may come - ?

But as I have been reading up on the first one the more I see how we are NOT in the same situation at all.

The catalyst is NOT as dramatic and impacting by any measure... We may be on the road to a manufactured civil war, but the SOLID division of region is not based upon the same
merits, not close. Such a war would be a war of politics, a war for wars sake not a war of virtual necessity.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Whatever is gonna happen is gonna happen. It makes no sense living in fear and NO ONE can predict the furture.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

And for those of us not totally oblivious to the signs of the times we have to accept that the DIEBOLD voting machines can be rigged and that our vote and our voice does not carry the same weight it once did...

Psst...

Associated Press
Diebold sells US voting machine business for $5M
Associated Press, 09.03.09, 11:48 AM EDT

NORTH CANTON, Ohio --

ATM maker Diebold Inc. said Thursday it expects a pretax loss of $45 million to $55 million from the sale of its U.S. voting machines business to Election Systems & Software Inc.

The $5 million sale of Premier Election Solutions Inc. to Election Systems & Software Inc. was completed Wednesday.

www.forbes.com...

Still easy to rig... they just washed their name off of it.

Edit: pared the article back to be closer to fair use guidelines.... whatever they happen to be today.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I listened to this song the other day and thought it was appropriate for what's been a going on. This thread is as good as any other to post it. It could go in any number of threads here.

A Farewell To Kings

Words by neil peart, music by geddy lee, alex lifeson, and neil peart

When they turn the pages of history
When these days have passed long ago
Will they read of us with sadness
For the seeds that we let grow
We turned our gaze
From the castles in the distance
Eyes cast down
On the path of least resistance

Cities full of hatred
Fear and lies
Withered hearts
And cruel, tormented eyes
Scheming demons
Dressed in kingly guise
Beating down the multitude
And scoffing at the wise

The hypocrites are slandering
The sacred halls of truth
Ancient nobles showering
Their bitterness on youth
Cant we find
The minds that made us strong
Cant we learn
To feel whats right and wrong

Cities full of hatred
Fear and lies
Withered hearts
And cruel, tormented eyes
Scheming demons
Dressed in kingly guise
Beating down the multitude
And scoffing at the wise

Cant we raise our eyes
And make a start
Cant we find the minds
To lead us closer to the heart

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Rome fell too because of her decadence.

Not really. Rome fell because it overstretched it's Empire and political infighting lead to long periods of sporadic... ahem... Civil Wars. The recalling of the Roman Legions to fight these power squabbles left the border territories defended by mercenaries and brigands who's loyalty ended when the money stopped flowing. This is, of course, well after the Empire had been split between East and West. Rome saw unification between East and West in the 4th Century under the rule of Constantine who used conversion to Christianity to ally forces among the various sects and barbarian tribes to fight in his campaign. After which was established the Council of Nicaea, an effort to bring all the major sects of Christianity together under a single unified banner - and establish the Church in his single unified Empire. However, soon after his death, the Empire again descended into Civil War over who should succeed him.

Constantius II saw a brief reunification, as did Theodosius I - under whom the empire split for the final time. Successive raids by northern tribes of now militarized Visigoths, Huns, and Franks wore at Rome's outer territories, pushing in the territories already weakened by years of strife and stagnation due to Theodosius's promoting Christianity as the state religion and authorizing the persecution of Pagan temples and sects. Rome was sacked by Germanic hordes twice, with the final time in 476 when Odoacer usurped Emperor Romulus Augustus. By this time, Europe was already well on it's way into the Dark Ages.

The Eastern Roman Empire lasted under it's classical identity until 610 and the assent of Emperor Heraclius. Though Eastern Empire didn't end, it transitioned into the Byzantine Empire. This continuation of the ERE lasted nearly a thousand years after the fall of the Western Empire. This was largely because the Eastern Empire contained the greater portion of wealth, and was spared the razing the Western Empire did. However, aside from a successful, but short, attempt to reconquer the Western Territories by Justinian I in the 5th century, the Eastern/Byzantine Empire never regained it's former unified glory. It endured long periods of conflict with neighboring empires, such as the Persians, the Arabs, the Bulgarians, the Crusades... but the final end came in 1453 when Constantinople was conquered by Ottoman Turks. Mehmed II, who led the invading forces, declared himself Caesar of Rome.

So... yeah... the Roman Empire didn't fall due to decadence and hedonism. It fell for a wide variety of reasons. Invasion by Barbarian tribes from the north, power struggles and Civil War, the strife of Pagan persecution by Christianity/Invasion by Islamic Arabs, Plague, War with neighboring Empires, etc... etc...

I really don't see how Rome's fall parallels contemporary American domestic and foreign policy. If America loses it's top spot on the world stage, it will not be because we didn't learn the lessons of Rome.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join