It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

news.yahoo.com

PITTSBURGH – Police fired canisters of pepper spray and smoke at marchers protesting the Group of 20 summit Thursday after anarchists responded to calls to disperse by rolling trash bins and throwing rocks.

The marchers included small groups of self-described anarchists, some wearing dark clothes and bandanas and carrying black flags. Others wore helmets and safety goggles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

The marchers did not have a permit and, after a few blocks, police declared it an unlawful assembly. They played an announcement over a loudspeaker telling people to leave or face arrest and then police in riot gear moved in to break it up.

They had lawyers there... unfortunately, it didn't help and resulted in one of the lawyers being arrested.

The National Lawyer's Guild, a liberal legal-aid group, said one of its observers, a second year law student, was among those arrested. Its representatives were stationed among the protesters, wearing green hats.

"I think he was totally acting according to the law. I don't think he was provoking anyone at all," said Joel Kupferman, a member of the guild. "It's really upsetting because he's here to serve, to make sure everyone else can be protected. ... It's a sign that they are out of control."

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Video thread related to this is here: thread

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I just watched this on Fox news this morning. It was the same type of loud speeker that was on another thread refering to protests in San Diego. I believe its called the LRAD. They used it on the croud. Fortunatly it didnt do much. Most people didnt even leave. It was scary to watch though.

new topics

top topics

join