It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore gets a $529 million gov't loan to build luxury hybrids - IN FINLAND!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Answer the question. How much are 800+ deaths of soldiers in Afghanistan to you...or the almost 6000 deaths in Iraq?

What am i supposed to state to you? That you believe in nothing and are only here posting garbage each day? And it's not just you...many on the left do it as well...but that is besides the point.

YOU CAN"T CRITICIZE DEBT WHEN YOU SUPPORT IT. YOu cannot be against abortion when you support DEATH. Grow some freakin integrity.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I do not understand what is taking hybrid cars so long. Back in the seventies there was a Mother Earth News article that told and showed how to take an Opel Kadette and take out the engine and replace it with a combination of lawn mower engine, electrical generator, batteries, and an electrical engine. The tiny lawnmower engine ran the generator which charged the batteries which powered the electrical engine. That was thirty years ago. It was done "down on the farm" by common sense people. It was not done by a multi-billion dollar company with millions of dollars in R&D money. Back then you needed a butt load of batteries to make it work, but today we have much better and smaller batteries.

I personally think the car companies are taking an idea that should sell for under ten thousand dollars per unit and trying to make it so they can get much more money for it. Forget all the fancy crap and just give us cheap, reliable transportation that will not destroy the environment. You do not need a V6 engine in a hybrid. Just something big enough to keep the batteries charged.

Here is an idea for the automobile manufacturers to bring costs down. STOP MAKING A NEW MODEL EVERY YEAR! Keep the tooling and make a car model last for five years or so. That way we are not paying for the cost of re-tooling every single year.

It is a shame the our tax money is going to make a car in Finland of all places. Al Gore is making money on this. It is what he does. He has found a real cash cow with his carbon credits and global warming agenda. Don't mistake Al Gore for Gandhi, or Mother Teresa.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I do not understand what is taking hybrid cars so long.

The Laws of Physics. There is no free lunch. The electricity to charge the inefficient, toxic, expensive batteries must be made somewhere else using Al Gore's carbon-credits or Imanutjob's nuke plants. There are losses every step of the way. Direct creation of power through internal combustion is the most efficient process possible.

If Chevrolet put a tiny four-banger from a Japanese Kei Car into a Corvette, it would be greener than ANY hybrid.

Here is an idea for the automobile manufacturers to bring costs down. STOP MAKING A NEW MODEL EVERY YEAR!

Agreed. Once you've got an efficient, good looking design, keep it.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Chakotay]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

How can anyone put a dollar amount on a soldiers life? Can we add up the cost of training and then tack on the cost of the chemicals that compose the human body?

It is the polarization of Right versus Left that keeps us from making progress. The Right and Left keep blaming each other hoping that the rest of us will buy into their arguments and that we will not see that it is BOTH the Right and the Left who are the problem.

Republicans and Democrats exist to help themselves to the spoils of their Government. Our government. It is time for the people to take their government back from the two criminal gangs that have hijacked it for their own personal gain.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Since you won't reply...5 SOLDIERS died in Afganistan today. How much was that worth to you?????

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Thanks for the reply. I starred you for it. There has to be a better way. Maybe when people love each other more than money something will get done.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

How can anyone put a dollar amount on a soldiers life?

You can't....because life is priceless.

You get it.

Thanks for answering a question JSO can't answer.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

No. America doesn't know how to build a hybrid. In addition, thanks to your Personal Jesuses in the GOP, doing so would be prohibitively expensive in the United States.

I get the feeling that, were this anyone other than Al Gore, you would be praising the entrepreneur for his sensible business decision.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Why do you care? The American Military is at war. All the rest of America is at the mall.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Don't confuse "right and left" with "Republican and Democrat"

The democrats are a right-wing party. More towards a moderate center, but they're on the right. The republicans are just nutball extremists over on the far right, which creates the illusion that the moderate-right Democrats are in fact on the left.

we on the left vote democrat because it's kind of the only option on the field at the moment, and occasionally hty do provide someone productive.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Why do you care? The American Military is at war. All the rest of America is at the mall.

Do you care or are you at the mall? The point is that I'm showing JSO's hypocrisy.

And it's not just the military...we are funding this....no one else. Bush, Obama, Corporations, special interestes groups...they aren't paying for this...WE ARE. In some cases...they are MAKING money off of this.

Yeah...too many aren't paying attention....but that is besides the point I'm trying to make.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Do you care or are you at the mall? The point is that I'm showing JSO's hypocrisy.

Sorry, already paid my dues and heading back in theater again. More than I can say for most ATS weenies that "weep" for dead GIs.

Hypocrisy is using the death of American Troops as a selling point for whatever beef you have with the government, etc. Again, another habit a lot of ATS poser seem to have.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
He realized that America is a lost cause and moved on, I don't blame him.

Who wants to essentially be ridiculed for wanting to help the environment? Al Gore is always welcome in Canada!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Dude, you can have him!

And take Celine Dion with you!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Sarah Palin is having an affair with her daughter's boyfriend, I'm sure.
Glenn beck is a rapist, I'm sure.

See how that works?

It certainly wouldn't surprise me to hear that kind of crap coming from a die-hard partisan agenda.
Anything is fine with you, as long as it is 'Democrat' or 'liberal'.

I certainly hope, for your sake, that you can see the extreme irony in this quote...

Originally posted by David9176
YOU CAN"T CRITICIZE DEBT WHEN YOU SUPPORT IT. YOu cannot be against abortion when you support DEATH. Grow some freakin integrity.

QFE.

It is so common to see people pissing and moaning about a few million here or there (a drop in the bucket, when you actually think about it), but when the Iraq War has been costing us $8-12 billion a month, in addition to thousands of American lives, they support it.

The hypocrisy is dumbfounding.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Hypocrisy is using the death of American Troops as a selling point for whatever beef you have with the government, etc. Again, another habit a lot of ATS poser seem to have.

Selling point? What the hell do you think I'm trying to sell? My opinion? I'm stating HIS HYPOCRISY.

Yes, I'm anti-war and I always have been. I DO NOT support the death's of Americans and innocent people. We don't even protect our own GD borders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We let people be homeless yet we send our troops to die and put our country in ENDLESS DEBT!

I also consider myself to be a conservative...but it's hard to define that in sea of BS that seems to be flooding ATS right now.

BTW...you don't need to answer for the OP'er.....let him do it on his own.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Your post has nothing to do with the thread. It is nothing but trolling and baiting. Against the T&C, btw.

You have zero credibility here.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You have zero credibility here.

I agree. I have no credibility. Everything I believe in is fake. I'm just here to promote propaganda.

I hope everyone sees me for the shallow shill I am.

NEVERMIND THAT YOU DIDN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I'll talk real slow...

Start your own thread if you want to talk about another topic.

Stop deflecting, trolling, and baiting.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

No. America doesn't know how to build a hybrid. In addition, thanks to your Personal Jesuses in the GOP, doing so would be prohibitively expensive in the United States.

Sorry, it's your corrupt Democrats that are in bed with the unions...

I get the feeling that, were this anyone other than Al Gore, you would be praising the entrepreneur for his sensible business decision.

Sensible business decision? Like his carbon credit proposal that will bankrupt us?

<< 1    3 >>

join